+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drastic Changes to TAR5???

Hug me!
    Woo hooo.. I hope it is about the FFs and NELs
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    Woo hooo.. I hope it is about the FFs and NELs
    I like the NEL, so I hope they keep those. However, they need to spread them out more. As of now, all the teams know when there going to happen. Have 1 in the beginning, 1 in the middle and 1 in the end.
    Maybe one of the changes is this- have the final 4 teams race until the very last PS (you know the NEL that they use in the finale, where teams just check in but it doesn't matter if there first or last.) Then, the final 3 teams race in the next leg to the finish line.

Well, I hope these drastic changes will be a turn for the better. I generally like surprises such as these...

Maybe they'll make the challenges more challenging, and keep to warmer climes so we see more flesh. That seems key in reality TV shows.

FORT Fan
    Just a sudden quick thought.
    There will be no elimiation in the first leg, so that we can understand some charming but not so competitive teams more. Then in the second episode, we elimiate 2 teams!!!
    Is it possible?

FORT Regular
    Here are some changes that might happen with changing the way the couples are paired.

1) Couples don't know the people that they being are paired with.
    - this could mean that the couples stay together for the whole race or become fluid and can change every week.
    2) All couples are exes. lol (please don't do that).
    3) It is an allstar or celebrity season.
    4) The race is run as a single person, but that doesn't sound like a good idea. Two heads are a lot better and safer then one.

Whatever decision is made, it will only be done to increase the excitment factor of the show. In turn this will increase ratings. I don't know why they have to screw with the formula. The one that was used before was awesome. No need to tinker. Only thing that I hate are the equalizers, but they are required or else some teams would be allowed to run away.

Why is it that CBS had trouble renewing TAR, but is able to renew that freak show that is named big brother?

If they do a celebrity or all-star season, I will stop watching. For good. No show would be more screwed up by doing an all-star show.

The couples will always know the person they're paired with. It's an integral part of the race, that "two people with a previous relationship run the race around the world." What fun is it watching people who don't know each other break down and fight? It's much more exciting watching engaged couples, brothers and sisters, fathers and sons duke it out each week.

Big Brother is MUCH cheaper to produce. They stay in one location, they can run on a skeleton crew (TAR needs 2 crewmembers for each team, and a production staff of around 300 that have to travel to every single location).

Interesting news...
    Derek & Drew and Tian & Jaree = Best.Amazing.Race.Teams.Ever.

http://ddtjamazingrace.cjb.net

FORT Newbie

I would like it if...

If I HAD to change the format, as a fan of the show, I think, (as I'm not seeing drawbacks as a viewer) I would enjoy it if instead of 2 or 3 non elimination legs, they allow all eliminated contestants to compete for 2 or 3 slots to reenter the race.

So at episode 10ish, 2 or 3 teams "win" the opportunity to still compete. Granted I can see how this may be unfair to the never eliminated teams, but some view bunching and other real world stuff as "unfair". I would like it if the reentry competition were really extreme or tough, to limit that kind of talk and really make it seem as though they had to work really hard to get back in.

This probably won't happen, due to logistics and money, but as a viewer I like when people are given a second chance. And I really would have liked a few teams in the past to have another go.

As far as any other aspects of the show, I hope they don't mess with it. TAR is great, and I don't think it needs any tinkering at all!

I'm really THAT Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by tarRocKs
    If I HAD to change the format, as a fan of the show, I think, (as I'm not seeing drawbacks as a viewer) I would enjoy it if instead of 2 or 3 non elimination legs, they allow all eliminated contestants to compete for 2 or 3 slots to reenter the race.

So at episode 10ish, 2 or 3 teams "win" the opportunity to still compete. Granted I can see how this may be unfair to the never eliminated teams, but some view bunching and other real world stuff as "unfair". I would like it if the reentry competition were really extreme or tough, to limit that kind of talk and really make it seem as though they had to work really hard to get back in.

This probably won't happen, due to logistics and money, but as a viewer I like when people are given a second chance. And I really would have liked a few teams in the past to have another go.

As far as any other aspects of the show, I hope they don't mess with it. TAR is great, and I don't think it needs any tinkering at all!
    I can think of at least ONE team I wish had gotten a chance to get back in. But only one.

Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast