+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What we have so far......

What we have so far......

Let's take a look at what we have so far. We Started with 12 teams and have 7 left. Not the seven I would prefer mind you, but we take what we can get. Even if we are stuck with a few whiners, a few complainers, a couple that we never get to see. We also have some fun ones, so et's check them out.

1. Ken and Gerard
    2. Andre and Damon
    3. Derek and Drew
    4. John Vito and Jill
    5. (but really tied for 4th) Flo and Zach
    6. Teri and Ian
    7. Aaron and Arianne

These are the standings right now.

We’ve lost 5 teams. It was more fun to watch some of them take their walk of shame than others.

I miss TNT and Dennis and Andrew. I was also sad to see Mike and Kathy go. I feel like we were just getting to know them.

We never got to know the Soccer Moms, but the good news for them is that they have the distinction of being the first team eliminated from the show, just like….ummm…..like….errr…..uhhh ……..well, those other teams from TAR 1 and TAR 2.

Then we have Heather and Eve. Did everyone hear my maniacal laughter when the “mis-read” their clue? Finally a team I actually enjoyed saying goodbye to.

I’ve spent a lot of time making fun of Teri and Ian, I should apologize, but when one member of a team makes it so easy it’s hard not to laugh at him…er….them! I do see them lasting for a while longer though, as they are a strong team, I just can’t figure out why

Aaron and Arianne will get theirs. It may not be on the next episode, but it will come. I will enjoy seeing them go. They provide no humor and I am tired of the whining.

Flo and Zach won’t make it much farther either. Flo is ready to give up, hmmm, So was Wil, MANY times, and his team came in second. They of course had Tara and since she was chasing a first place teams member…. I mean a first place team member, it was easier for them to place. Zach won’t be able to handle listening to Flo for much longer with out slapping her across the face. They’ll be gone soon.

John Vito and Jill are finally getting more airtime. I wonder if it is soley due to the fact that there are fewer teams, or if it could have something to do with them going soon. I have mentioned many times that I think they are a strong team and that I like their spunk. I can’t help but think that they should be doing better though, and wonder if they have been luck up to now. I don’t see them leaving within the next few episodes, but I also don’t see them in even the top four.

The Cop and The Fireman. Sounds like a children’s book. This is another team that I feel should be doing better. They are in second place as of this writing, but they got their by playing follow the leader. I am not sure they will be able to do that much longer. In my opinion they still haven’t had much airtime. Are they extremely boring, or do they go a long way? Hard to tell. I’d wager they are around for a while, and may yet surprise me and make it to the final two.

Derek and Drew. The wonder Twins. I only call them that because they often look like they are wondering what is going on. They seem like a strong team, but they also strike me as clueless much of the time. I see them as having been lucky so far. I also don’t see their luck holding out much longer.

Ken and Gerard have been suprising me weekly. Finally two “normal” guys who have a combination of brains, health (yes, health) and luck to have gotten them very far. They communicate well, know when an alliance may be a good thing, and haven’t failed to attempt the harder roadblocks, and finishing them in good time. They will be around a while.

So, following my logic I see that the teams will be eliminated in this order:
    Flo and Zach, Aaron and Arianne, John Vito and Jill, Derek and Drew, Teri and Ian, and Andre and Damon. Meaning of course that Ken and Gerard win the whole thing.

I had it all planned out….. then I revisited my “I Like Them On Paper Points” I saw that My favorites were Tramel and Talicia who had pre-game points of +50 and Dennis and Andrew with pre-game points of +30. Both, of course are gone! My last pick, pre-game was Aaron and Arianne coming in with –20 Although I could be happy that I was at least right on whether or not I would like these teams, it doesn’t bode well for other teams I had in the “+” section. I can only assume that we will soon be saying good bye to John Vito and Jill who I gave +25 to, Ken and Gerard who had +15 , Derek and Drew with +10. The only bit of good news is that Teri and Ian had+25

SO, following that logic Aaron and Arianne will win and Teri and Ian will be gone next. I’m hoping for scenerio number 1

It’s been a fun few weeks, and we’ve seen some amazing sights. I can’t wait to see what the remaining episodes have in store for us.
    Last edited by cali; 11-07-2002 at 10:28 AM.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Health? Cali, you are being kind. As much as I like K&G, they are the least "in shape" looking team in the competition. Being slightly overweight here(but working on it), I got to root for them!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Yeah, I know...but somehow they keep being able to do it. I didn't want to say they were in great shape, so I chose good health!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Ilikai, Gerard beat either Andre or Damon down the cliff, remember? These guys aren't as doughy as they appear

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I just love Ken and Gerard! Oh WAIT - reverse psychology....I really don't like Ken and Gerard, and I certainly hope they don't make it to the final 3.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

agentcarver
    My picks for final 3:

- Terri/Ian (Luck, my dear. Pure luck)
    - The Wonder (I call them "Wanking") twins
    - Vito/Jill (You GOTTA love this team)

LG.
    Originally posted by agentcarver
    My picks for final 3:
    - Terri/Ian (Luck, my dear. Pure luck)
    Would that be "the power of NEGATIVE thinking, Agent?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

agentcarver
    You know me, LG! Pessimists rule!

FORT Newbie

Ken and Gerard

Ok, ok, they are not in the best of shape, but Ken and Gerard were on a training program prior to the race. They may yet suprise you!
    craig_calvin

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Craig and welcome to the FORT!

Ken and Gerard are definitely favorites around here I have them along with Derek/Drew as my top team!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast