+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TAR5 Applications are up

Wanna-be TAR Racer invisible777's Avatar

CBS GREENLIGHTS AMAZING RACE 5 - Possible Airing Schedules!

We know filming starts Jan 2004. It should be done by Feb 14, at the latest (2nd week of Feb).

That means...

TAR5 could be ready for March so the finale is during May sweeps...

GO CBS!! (Just do us a favor and HYPE TAR5 and advertise it a little more, ok?)
    Last edited by invisible777; 09-02-2003 at 07:50 PM.
    "Reality is merely an illusion abeit a very pesistent one."

FORT Regular
    The timing of the applications suggests that CBS is thinking of TAR 5 as being available for both a replacement series or a summer series. The problem next summer is that the Athens Summer Olympic Games will be aired (on another network) and no sane programmer is about to air new programming against that. (early-mid August, 2004).
    There's no assurance yet that TAR 5 is a definite, but it sure improves the odds. If you have not written letters, you still need to write Mooves, Tellem, and Maynard at CBS.
    >|p >|p

Quote Originally Posted by theschnauzers
    The timing of the applications suggests that CBS is thinking of TAR 5 as being available for both a replacement series or a summer series. The problem next summer is that the Athens Summer Olympic Games will be aired (on another network) and no sane programmer is about to air new programming against that. (early-mid August, 2004).
    There's no assurance yet that TAR 5 is a definite, but it sure improves the odds. If you have not written letters, you still need to write Mooves, Tellem, and Maynard at CBS.

Before today, if someone asked me the chance of TAR5 my answer would be 25%. Starting now my answer is 85%. TAR5 is gonnna happen. The schedule I posted above to the earliest any TAR fan like myself can [hope] to see TAR5. Realistically, some of the things you pointed out will factor into the scheduling.

Cheers

EDIT: If the summer olympics do indeed begin in August, that's all the more reason to go with my schedule above. No way would they film in Jan and hold it off for next fall or winter.
    Last edited by invisible777; 09-02-2003 at 08:10 PM.

FORT Regular
    That person sounds like a CBS lurker. But that's OK.
    Two important things to keep in mind. The application itself speaks of filming starting no earlier than January, 2004, and possports must be valid until the end of May 2004. That's the planned filming window, folks. If they proceed.
    Until CBS gives a series order, the battle is not over. That has not happened yet, although this is a very positive sign.
    So if you have not written letters to the folks at CBS (Moones, Tellem, Maynard) you still need to write those letters. I'm serious. DO NOT ASSUME ANYTHING......I don't know how to be any more clear about that.
    >|p >|p

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    hahaha yay... i just hope the new contestants are as good as last ones
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

If anyone from the FORT makes it onto TAR5, please PM me. In order to keep it secret, let's assign a code phrase. Let's make that phrase "I'm going to be on TAR5. Don't tell anyone."

Quote Originally Posted by John
    If anyone from the FORT makes it onto TAR5, please PM me. In order to keep it secret, let's assign a code phrase. Let's make that phrase "I'm going to be on TAR5. Don't tell anyone."

JOHN I for one think you should apply for TAR5. YOU'D FRIGGIN OWN THAT RACE MAN.

But who would be here to p*ss everyone off?

Oh, and to feed my pets?

Quote Originally Posted by John
    But who would be here to p*ss everyone off?

Oh, and to feed my pets?

Easy, give me all your administrative powers (mwahaha) and bring your pets with you--first contestant on TAR to have dogs running on leashes behind you. thatd be cool

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Go John Go John Go !!! Just apply for fun !!! AR5 starts when everyone goes back to school and work haha, that stinks for alot of people ....
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast