+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Celebration kiss gets edited out - scares TAR staff

Celebration kiss gets edited out - scares TAR staff

Gay Kiss Edited Out of 'Amazing Race' Finale

Chip and Reichen, the openly gay couple who won NBC's fourth Amazing Race contest, have, for the most part, praised the network and the producers of the show for depicting them fairly. In an interview with the online edition of TV Guide, Reichen said, "I think it really was true to life, and I think as far as portraying us as a gay couple, it came out exactly like I wanted it to." Reichen acknowledged, however, that a particularly intimate moment between them at the end of the race was edited out of the final episode. "Chip and I laid a big kiss on each other ... that will never be shown to family television audiences." Chip added that on the set, "People actually stopped clapping, I think. They were all like, 'Whoa, how do we respond to this one?'"
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

This confirms Amazing Race 5! That NBC slip up can only mean NBC has picked up the fifth instalmment!

Or maybe not.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    That just means they won NBC's race, too. Man those two are good!

Quote Originally Posted by scooberoo
    That just means they won NBC's race, too. Man those two are good!

Seriously tho, I think it's kinda silly. CBS has "Married Couple" plastered under their names the whole season then get chicken when they finally kiss (I read it was a french kiss, too). C'mon, who's going to protest at that point, that hasn't already protested?

You have to wonder about the authenticity of a news report that can't even get the network right that's running the show, though.

TV Guide is usually a bastion of fact-checking...

I am guessing that it was a full on tongue kiss and that is what surprised everyone. I think it would have shocked the people standing around and woudl have been edited out if even they were straight and it was a passionate kiss. That is just my theory though.
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    You have to wonder about the authenticity of a news report that can't even get the network right that's running the show, though.

TV Guide is usually a bastion of fact-checking...
    We don't need no news reports when we've got second-hand gossip to rely on.

FORT Newbie
    my opinion is they just don't care so why should we? besides the two love each other so much they don't really care if their kiss will be brodcasted or not,they're so happy to bag the million!

Quote Originally Posted by Levdrakon

Seriously tho, I think it's kinda silly. CBS has "Married Couple" plastered under their names the whole season then get chicken when they finally kiss (I read it was a french kiss, too). C'mon, who's going to protest at that point, that hasn't already protested?
    I know... weird, huh? But seeing something like that will probably give most viewers a shock. It's pretty unexpected, at least to me...

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Levdrakon

Married people still kiss?

just kidding, hubby of almost 7 years still kisses me on occasion!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast