+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: VOTE! - Amazing Race is WAY BETTER than "Survivor"

FORT Regular

VOTE! - Amazing Race is WAY BETTER than "Survivor"

YES OH YES!!! AR is way way WAY better!

I don't think I'm going to waste my time watching another season of "Survivor"! What did they survive??? nothing much. I can laugh at that.

AMAZING RACE IS THE BEST! and THE MOST REALISTIC!

I'm so happy that Reichen/Chip won!

Rab
    Exactly where do I "vote"? ._.

Yea I agree, Survivor sucks (that message board got a little boring these days) b/c you have to build relationships with people who will eventually turn on you. In TAR you depend on yourself and teammate. It's not based on how well you get the people to like you it's how you perform each leg.

Definetly. I love The Amazing Race MUCH more then Survivor.
    Derek & Drew and Tian & Jaree = Best.Amazing.Race.Teams.Ever.

http://ddtjamazingrace.cjb.net

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Who wouldn't ?

Survivor is too boring... The things they do are too boring... The contestants are so boring... The host is so boring...

FORT Regular
    i enjoyed survivor during the first 2 seasons, after that, it became so boring, nothing really new plus lots of backstabin' and complainin' goin' on, it drove me away .....

I LOVE THE AMAZING RACE!!! its never boring, its entertaining to watch. the racers, you grow to love 'em. you learn new things about different countires and their cultures, and as i always say, clean fun for the whole family and pure adrenaline rush, TAR definitely is the BEST and FINEST reality show out there. nothing will beat this one for me. TAR - my numbah one forevah!!!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by acid jazz
    i enjoyed survivor during the first 2 seasons, after that, it became so boring, nothing really new plus lots of backstabin' and complainin' goin' on, it drove me away .....

I LOVE THE AMAZING RACE!!! its never boring, its entertaining to watch. the racers, you grow to love 'em. you learn new things about different countires and their cultures, and as i always say, clean fun for the whole family and pure adrenaline rush, TAR definitely is the BEST and FINEST reality show out there. nothing will beat this one for me. TAR - my numbah one forevah!!!

I enjoyed watching Survivor 2, but afterwards, I couldn't stand watching the other seasons. To be honest, I do not like reality shows in which a contestant's success depends on popularity or how others view that person. The reason why I like TAR so much is that it stresses individual merit over popularity. Although we cannot discount luck from a team's success, at least TAR shows us that contestants are responsible for their own actions and behaviors. If bad luck comes to plague the contestants, we see them at their best, demonstrating their coping mechanisms and ability to overcome the adversity.

Come to think of it, that just reminds me of the game show "The Weakest Link." I admit this is one of my favorite game shows, but I got to admit that it's got a serious flaw. It really sucks when a contestant who happens to be smart gets voted off by other members simply because that person is too much of a competition. After all, if you were one of three contestants left who cares only about money, and you had to vote (or cast off) which of your two opponents is the "weakest link," you'd definitely choose to vote off the smarter one, so that it's easier to go against the dumber one. It seems really unfair, and it looks like Survivor had a few similar flaws. You can disagree with me on this (for those who watched Survivor a lot), but that's just the way I think of it.

To put into another context, maybe there was a Survivor contestant who is really smart but just happened to leave bad impression in other people's eyes, and got cast off. It's stuff like this that I'm concerned about. In TAR, we do see smart, competitive contestants (like Jon and Al), who because of bad luck, lose the race. But at least, with TAR, when faced with adversity, contestants can do as much as they can to put the situation under control. So a heavy fog delays their Korean Air flight for at least two hours? Jon and Al tried to get on the Singapore flight, they miss the flight, but guess what, they were able to get onto a different direct flight to Brisbane. They did the roadblocks and detours in perhaps a record time. They still lost, but hey, at least the Race gave them an opportunity to learn from their mistakes and do something about them. Sometimes they succeed, sometimes they lose, but they're at least given the CHANCE to make it up. With Survivor, there's no second chance. Once a member gets cast off, that's it for him or her. Doesn't matter how smart he or she actually is, or how much hard work that person put in.

Quote Originally Posted by lomovsky
    YES OH YES!!! AR is way way WAY better!

I don't think I'm going to waste my time watching another season of "Survivor"! What did they survive??? nothing much. I can laugh at that.

AMAZING RACE IS THE BEST! and THE MOST REALISTIC!

I'm so happy that Reichen/Chip won!
    I don't know dude, survivor was pretty frigging good last season.

Best defenceman ever canadian_d's Avatar
    Survivor used to be my favourite reality tv show until I watched this season of the Amazing Race. Survivor can get really old and boring... especially the challenges. The Amazing Race always put me at the edge of my seat and I never wanted to miss one moment!

The Amazing Race totally rocks! Never was much of a Surviovr fan. I inevitably experience an immediate backlash whenever something's shoved in my face 24/7. Survivor was so immensely popular in the beginning, everyone was talking about it, and I began to really dislike it. The same thing occurred with AI - I saw it a couple of times, but I got sooo sick of hearing about it, I couldn't watch it anymore. And wouldn't ya know, I was all over Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, and BAM the Fab Five are everywhere -- Jay Leno, Access Hollywood, ET, blah, blah, blah, blech. Now I'm all, get the hell off my TV screen (although I wish them all the best with their careers!).

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I used to be a fan of Survivor, but kind of gave up on it during the fourth season, after the twist happened. I still watch the first few episodes of each season, just to give it a chance, but can't say I've enjoyed it as much as I once did (although I'll agree, last season was about as good as the first. It'll be interesting how they try to top it.) What I don't like about Survivor: it's too predictable. In Survivor 5, it's like they didn't even try to make it appealing. It was more like they just threw a bunch of scenes together and never watched the end result. Also, during the TC, the music pretty much gives it away when the contestants about to be booted. And no matter how hard Mark Burnett tries to shake things up, the end result is usually the same: one tribe gets the majority in the merge, votes off the weaker tribe. If a person is weak/strong, there a threat. If there too nice/annoying, there gone. Anybody who goes on the show knows to form an alliance and stick with it. And what I really hate is at the end, they give the same old speeches, the "It was a game, you would have done the same thing, this person was meaner than me, etc., etc., etc.". Also, I can't stand Jeff Probst anymore; for some reason, he and Mark thing they, and the show, are god's gift to the media. Haven't they ever heard the saying "always leave them wanting more"? They should take the show out while it still has it's dignity. And if half the people I've heard of are coming back for the all star, I probably won't even watch it.
    Now, the AR is fresh, the teams may know how the race is run, but they don't know where there going, the challenges they'll have (I have seem some repeats of challenges from different seasons, but I'd rather see repeats of these than those on Survivor), and it's all about luck; a team can be strong, but go out first. Derek and Drew were the alpha males of AR3, but finished 11th in the first leg, and were eliminated later on because of a mistake they made. The only downside to the show is the casting. I've enjoyed every season, but as others have already said, there needs to be more female teams and maybe they need more male teams like Drew and Kevin vs. the young, more fit teams like Reichen and Chip.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast