+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VOTE! - Amazing Race is WAY BETTER than "Survivor"

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    Survivor 2 was actually one of the worst to me. I just didn't like the cast, the cast was picked really based on looks, they were too nice too each other (of course coming off as season where someone says they'd leave you to die in a ditch is hard to top), and you could tell most people were there for reasons other than the money (remember Jerri? Haven't seen her in awhile, must be her acting career hasn't gone anywhere.) But it was a lot better than Thailand; I think even Jeff was bored in that one. Matt Roushonce said that the even number installments are great, while the odd numbered ones were better left unshown. Since the next one is #7, we'll have to wait and see.
    Castin agents or not, AR always has the most unique and diverse group of people, among other things to make it a good show.
    I was just wondering and I guess you are right with the "based on looks" thing, S2 did have a set of good looking castaways, since I was not able to see the others except for S6 and a lil bit of S1 and SAfrica, I simply went for S2, didn't enjoy the cast of S6 that much.

Ohh well, Im not that interested with Survivor anymore although I will check it out ofcourse, see what they have for us.

Nothing beats TAR for me!!! wooohooo!!! and again .....
    TAR always have the best mixture of personalities and attitudes, giving it a more unique flavah!

RooTing for JON and KRIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After watching the first episode of Survivor, I felt like an hour of my life had been stolen from me.

Never again.

Hug me!
    I got to say.. I said ABC's "the mole" is much much better than either Survivor or TAR. I feel that TAR always give an advantage to physical teams. As for "the mole", it is all about observations and the wits.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    I got to say.. I said ABC's "the mole" is much much better than either Survivor or TAR. I feel that TAR always give an advantage to physical teams. As for "the mole", it is all about observations and the wits.
    I think TAR is better than The Mole; however, the Mole used to be one of my favorite shows until they turned it celebrity.

Hug me!
    I think TAR is better than The Mole; however, the Mole used to be one of my favorite shows until they turned it celebrity.
    I didn't mean Celebrity Mole.. I didn't even brother to watch that either.

FORT Newbie

Survivor

Survivor started it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Because of them the amazing race and all reality show was born. But i like Amazing race tooooooooooooooo

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Murdock
    You haven't got to be totally physically fit to run this race, I mean look at Teri and Ian? Luck is a very big part cause you can't have skill to book plane tickets. Unless you're good at persuasion? I can't see how having a strategy really helps though? 'Cause unlike Survivor, the contestants have no idea whats going to happen (yes I'm aware about tribal swip-swaps). But still you have to agree that luck is really the third member of these teams.
    I have to disagree. Teri & Ian in TAR3 were very fit, in spite of their age. Remember, in TAR, it's not so much raw sprinting ability but endurance that tends to help a team succeed, notwithstanding the TAR2 finale.

The actual act of booking plane tickets may not take skill but deciding which travel options you should take (including which flights to book) does take skill. In the finale, Reichen & Chip even demonstrated some air travel related smarts that I daresay many viewers might not have considered for themselves given a similar situation, i.e. ensuring their seats were at the front of the plane near the exit and asking Phoenix-bound passengers for help in mapping out their destination.

Yes, luck certainly plays a significant role in TAR but it's really a random thing. How a team recovers from bad luck (and its own blunders) is the more important factor, imo. In golfing terminology, such an ability is called "scrambling". Reichen & Chip arguably had the best scrambling ability of all TAR4 teams and that may help explain why they won.

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin
    In the finale, Reichen & Chip even demonstrated some air travel related smarts that I daresay many viewers might not have considered for themselves given a similar situation, i.e. ensuring their seats were at the front of the plane near the exit and asking Phoenix-bound passengers for help in mapping out their destination.
    not true. As Kelly and Jon stated in their interview, they knew that they needed to get a seat as close to the front as possible. But the miss flight from Japan really caused them "time". When they arrived to the airport, Reichen and Chip already reserved their seat first. So it is not that Reichen and Chip are super smart because they are the only one to think that they know to get a seat in front. And Kelly and Jon were asking the passengers for the direction to the destination as well. Somehow Reichen and Chip were "lucky" to find someone with a cellphone that was willing to call up his relative in Phoniex to find the exact location on the Internet.

And no matter how hard Mark Burnett tries to shake things up, the end result is usually the same: one tribe gets the majority in the merge, votes off the weaker tribe.
    Not true in S3 and S4 and especially S6.

I really enjoy The Amazing Race, but Survivor is and always will be my favorite. Let's hope that Rob C. opened some players' eyes as to how to play the game this season. Sixteen Robs would make for a pretty exciting series.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Hug me!
    I never saw Eco-Challenge, is it the same concept as The Amazing Race except it is much much more challenging ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast