+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VOTE! - Amazing Race is WAY BETTER than "Survivor"

FORT Newbie
    TAR is good, but requires so much luck. Survivor takes skill and a lot of hidden qualities. I don't know about this one, I'm on the fence...

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    Who wouldn't ?

Survivor is too boring... The things they do are too boring... The contestants are so boring... The host is so boring...

Don't be dissing Jeff!

But then again he is no Phil! hahaha

FORT Fogey
    The beauty of The Amazing Race is that nobody gets to vote you out.

You perform tasks and run your ass off, and either due to boundless effort and energy or a cruel twist of fate, the outcome is determined.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I like both shows a lot, but Survivor more, mainly because of the non-elimination legs. They aren't fair to the teams who place first on them. I also wish there were more two female teams.

P.S. Survivor: Marquesas and Survivor: Amazon were very unpredictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Murdock
    TAR is good, but requires so much luck. Survivor takes skill and a lot of hidden qualities. I don't know about this one, I'm on the fence...
    Dude I don't totally agree with that. The amazing race in my opinion requries having a good strategy throughout the race especially when you have to travel by plane and taxi, good physical condition, good map reading skills, having a team member who can cooperate and listen to you and having a 20/20 vision. Luck is only 5 percent of this recipe to win.

But I will agree with most of you and say that the amazing race is better than survivor and I must add that it is MUCH BETTER THAN AMERICAN IDOL since AI is a little too predictable.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre1980
    Dude I don't totally agree with that. The amazing race in my opinion requries having a good strategy throughout the race especially when you have to travel by plane and taxi, good physical condition, good map reading skills, having a team member who can cooperate and listen to you and having a 20/20 vision. Luck is only 5 percent of this recipe to win.

But I will agree with most of you and say that the amazing race is better than survivor and I must add that it is MUCH BETTER THAN AMERICAN IDOL since AI is a little too predictable.

You haven't got to be totally physically fit to run this race, I mean look at Teri and Ian? Luck is a very big part cause you can't have skill to book plane tickets. Unless you're good at persuasion? I can't see how having a strategy really helps though? 'Cause unlike Survivor, the contestants have no idea whats going to happen (yes I'm aware about tribal swip-swaps). But still you have to agree that luck is really the third member of these teams.

I read an interview once in Canada's TV guide, and Ethan (S3) was weighing in about TAR, and he said himself that luck had a very large part in the whole game.
    But I dunno I guess this is one of those things that can be argued about forever? *shrugs*

TAR still rules though!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    The beauty of The Amazing Race is that nobody gets to vote you out.

You perform tasks and run your ass off, and either due to boundless effort and energy or a cruel twist of fate, the outcome is determined.

That is the beauty of The Amazing Race, nobody gets to vote you out, no backstabing happening. Basically, it's one fair race. If you are not liked, it doesn't matter because you're not going to be voted out unlike in Survivor where just because they don't like you, your chances of winning is gone. TAR has the equality and fairness that a true race should have. Plus, it's way more exciting than Survivor. Being able to travel with them (on TV that is) is really something, it truly is an amazing show.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Survivor sucks in the sense that people vote you off and that they will choose the toughest one and get them eliminated while the weaks survive. How dull... No power... Whereas TAR, it's not based on whether you like this person or not that will cause him/her eliminated... It's based on the group's strength, luck, physical ability and time management that does it. Anyway, I never watched Survivor a full episode before.... I rather stare into space than watch THAT...

Survivor...........you are just going to be stranded in ONE island..................while in ar you get to travel all over the world............plus it's more exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Murdock
    You haven't got to be totally physically fit to run this race, I mean look at Teri and Ian? Luck is a very big part cause you can't have skill to book plane tickets. Unless you're good at persuasion? I can't see how having a strategy really helps though? 'Cause unlike Survivor, the contestants have no idea whats going to happen (yes I'm aware about tribal swip-swaps). But still you have to agree that luck is really the third member of these teams.

I read an interview once in Canada's TV guide, and Ethan (S3) was weighing in about TAR, and he said himself that luck had a very large part in the whole game.
    But I dunno I guess this is one of those things that can be argued about forever? *shrugs*

TAR still rules though!
    You don't have to be physically fit to do the race? Where were you when thoes air traffic controllers and the other unfit team (I can't remember their names but they were married and were middle aged) who certainly were not in their best physical condition and were always struggling against the other fitter and younger teams but were eventually eliminated. Where were you when Millie and Chuck and Kelly and John had to fight to the finish line inorder to save themselves? K & J would not have done it if they were in bad physicall condition.

And about this luck issue, I still believe that it is more than that since I don't think R & C won based solely on luck they planed ahead and as a result got better instructions on their final leg which made it easier for them such as knowing where the United terminal was and where the location of their clue box in Phoeinx and this seperated them from K & J.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast