+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Our Interview with Reichen and Chip, the Winners

FORT Regular
    Thanks John for the great interview!

Sami and Lucas rock samilucasfan's Avatar

hey

Am i the only one who's a little confused? They say they are not separated, but they are not together. I guess they're just saying this to the media because they don't feel like explaining their relationship status.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by samilucasfan
    Am i the only one who's a little confused? They say they are not separated, but they are not together. I guess they're just saying this to the media because they don't feel like explaining their relationship status.
    Actually, I personally felt that they were trying their best to explain it to the media. For me, their ambiguity in their answer - "I can't really give you a black and white answer" - honestly reflected how they're having problems "defining" their current relationship to both themselves and other people. They're having problems but still love each other and want to try and work their issues out, so it only seems honest for them to admit that they aren't exactly seperated, but neither are they totally together. And I totally admire them for their candour.

Check out this article

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/enter...ving-headlines

Love -- and $1 million -- will keep them together, say the gay victors of The Amazing Race.

[...]

The experience wasn't always easy, but they were dismissing reports they have split.

"What put stress on the relationship was we had to keep the secret [about the show's outcome]," Lehmkuhl says. "As it stands, we love each other. We're committed to make sure the other person is happy."

Some reports have suggested that the two were kaput after 4 1/2 years together. "Rumors in the gay press were based on our discussion of stresses in our relationship," Lehmkuhl says. "We're just committed to working on the relationship. It's always been that way."

The two didn't wear their wedding rings Friday on The Early Show, but Arndt cautions that no one should read anything into that. "Relationships go through bumps and bruises," he says. "Yes, we're together."

They have homes in Beverly Hills and Manhattan Beach, Calif...
    I have one thing to say to rumor makers: "Go away!"

Their relationship as they say it, isn't black or white. Frankly, I failed to see why a gay relationship has to be held at a higher standard to a straight relationship. Any relationships have up and downs, either gay or staright. If they come out today, dismiss categorically all rumors and put up a sweet face as though nothing ever happened when they really got issues, they would just be doing themselves a big disservice like most 'Star' straight couples pretend in front of TV like the late Princess Diana and Prince Charles for example. When you got problems, you either try to solve them or you part your way. They chose to work on them, honestly. You know they could have denied it and most people would believe, but they chose to disclose something private given the very cumbersome national spotlight been put on them when they really could have kept it private. This takes a lot of guts you know.

Note to self: If I ever apply for TAR, go with a friend but never with your spouse!
    Phil

FORT Newbie
    I agree they should be applauded for their honesty. It's not like they owe the public any explanation about their private lives.

I just can't believe how many people are obsessed with their relationship, people either want them totally split and hating each other, or totally together and living a fantasy life with no problems.

I just wish them the best in the future, what they decide to do as a couple is their business.

WOW........................... ............I like Reichen and Chip now!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    they said not only the stress of the show but outside things too. were affecting them. so you got to hand it to them that they are trying to work it out and stay together.

great interview, can't think of another question I'd have asked

Quote Originally Posted by samilucasfan
    This is almost word for word how Chuck and Millie described their status as a couple in an interview-its eerie, but pretty much shows thats people who truly love another but aren't clear about permanent partnership status think the same way regardless of orientation. I never considered how large the strain of secrecy would be for competitors, in retrospect I can see that it would be eternally frustrating to be sealed behind the veil of no comment.

John have you ever considered a spinoff website of interviews (celebrity and otherwise), I am not the fawning type but you clearly have a gift and I certainly think you'd have a devoted following quickly if you did.

everybody has the right to speak their mind, so don't shoot me if I speak mine- ray davies

thank you.
    i am new here. i was hanging out at the other place and got whacked by their so called velvet hammer. any way i loved theinterview with richen and chip. one time kelly called richen and chip chicken?????. my daughter caught it.
    thank you again and i am coming here all the time.

Ahhh....so I go on a weekend rafting trip, get home hours late because we got lost, and I just realize what I've missed. So bummed.

Great interview, John! Insightful information on the tatoos. So ReiChip were recruited by a casting agent a la Jeff/David, too?

+ Reply to Thread