+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Our Interview with David and Jeff

Thanks for posting the interviews, John. It was great to hear these teams post-race comments. David & Jeff were one of my favorite teams, and I still feel bad that they didn't get to finish the race along with the others.

However, I'm not sure I enjoyed reading about that part where they were approached by casting agents to join; I was hoping they were kidding, but Reichen practically said something similar in his interview, that they didn't apply and were instead picked out by casting agents, which strikes me as somewhat unfair for the others who actually applied. I have nothing against the guys, I think they're all great--it's just the method that CBS chose to recruit them that disturbs me.

Great interview, John!
    Jeff and Dave were my favorites of the last 3 remaining teams. I wanted them to be at least be somewhat closer behind the other teams, but unfortunately, following the crew to Sydney cost them the race.

I have to agree with whoever posted that these guys weren't given more airtime because they were pretty focused, got along with each other, and didn't create waves with any of the other teams. They stayed cool and calm for the most part of the race.

Great race, Jeff and Dave! The casting girls made a good choice by picking you guys. You ran a good clean race, plus you provided the much needed eye candy for us, women!

Best of Luck!

Best defenceman ever canadian_d's Avatar
    Another superb interview, John!

Too bad David and Jeff never made it to the finish line. I felt really bad for them.

They seem to be all-round fun guys! I swear Jeff is getting hotter and David isn't bad looking at all.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_d
    They seem to be all-round fun guys! I swear Jeff is getting hotter and David isn't bad looking at all.
    I knooow!!

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TeriTar3
    First I must say you guys Jeff and David did a great job!!!
    Then I am not sure if I am flattered or ...about this question??
    I guess that means I am YOUNG. YES
    You are Teri from TAR3 ???

Hello!!!!

You 2 are definitely strong and tough last season and my sisters were all rooting for you!!! Miss you all from TAR3 (Will miss all from TAR4 too)... Oh when oh when will we see you all again ?

Quote Originally Posted by TeriTar3
    First I must say you guys Jeff and David did a great job!!!

Then I am not sure if I am flattered or ...about this question??

I guess that means I am YOUNG. YES

Yup, this pretty much confirms that you're young.

Great interview as usual, John. Thanks for doing all of them...

FORT Newbie

tsuroi's alternative for david/jeff

hey tsuroi ~ really nice job in checking out the alternative for david/jeff .

but from what i saw on the in-flight inform. screen that jeff was analysing at sydney , one of the qantas flights shown is no longer present at this point of time , and hence gives rise to a possibility that it may be inaccurate to use present timetabling information to judge that situation .

that flight was QF 123 to singapore , which has been taken off-line , if i am not wrong :-P

besides, if i were not wrong , i am quite sure that a qantas groundstaff member told the goats that "the flights to the states have left already" , obviously referring to the QF 107 at 10.45 am. but i mean, would david/jeff be so daft as not to notice a QF 11 departure to LAX in the afternoon ?? i think they were aware of the possibility of going thru LAX and hence asked the qantas staff about flights going to the States, and henceforth the reply by the staff as such.

is there a way of checking whether there was indeed a QF 11 departure that fateful afternoon? hahaha .. do ppl keep old QF timetables around here ?
    Last edited by Rechy; 08-24-2003 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rechy
    hey tsuroi ~ really nice job in checking out the alternative for david/jeff .

but from what i saw on the in-flight inform. screen that jeff was analysing at sydney , one of the qantas flights shown is no longer present at this point of time , and hence gives rise to a possibility that it may be inaccurate to use present timetabling information to judge that situation .

that flight was QF 123 to singapore , which has been taken off-line , if i am not wrong :-P

besides, if i were not wrong , i am quite sure that a qantas groundstaff member told the goats that "the flights to the states have left already" , obviously referring to the QF 107 at 10.45 am. but i mean, would david/jeff be so daft as not to notice a QF 11 departure to LAX in the afternoon ?? i think they were aware of the possibility of going thru LAX and hence asked the qantas staff about flights going to the States, and henceforth the reply by the staff as such.

is there a way of checking whether there was indeed a QF 11 departure that fateful afternoon? hahaha .. do ppl keep old QF timetables around here ?
    Rechy, there is a difference between Summer schedule and Winter schedule. Due to daytime saving policy in Australia and the U.S., the Summer Schedule (Southern Hemisphere) will have QF 107 leaving after noon whereas if you fly in August, like now, they are following the Winter schedule which has departure just before 11 AM. But the common point is, they will arrive L.A. around 7AM. That's the purpose of modifying departure time.

What you need to do is use Feburary 2004 as the paramter of search it will tell you QF 107 doesn't leave before 12:30 PM. Likewise, if you check it now, it will tell you it leaves around 10:40AM. The best evidence we have to support that QF 107 is indeed available is the fact that this was probably the flight that Amazing Race crew were connecting on to get back to the States. With a 747-400 over 400 seats, it's pretty tough to sell out an entire flight especially with the recent increase in capacity too, Qantas has added more flights to the U.S.

It is possible by the time David and Jeff inquired about the option of going via LAX, the flight has already left. Remember, they spent hours in Sydney trying to figure out a way. However, what I am saying is given the amount of time they had (about 2 hours), it was very possible for them to save themselves if they have chosen the right options to explore. Instead of wasting time on the JAL flight, if they have looked into the LAX option immediately, they could have been saved.
    Phil

Wow! I'm very impressed with what Tsutroi had analysed. You can take part in the next amazing race! We'll definitely be rooting for you.

A pity that David and Jeff weren't with the rest of the teams at the finish line. That's probably the saddest thing... Only 11 teams for the final picture... And I was sure when they got to the volcano area, they never showed something. I had to rewind back and realised that they never show them doin the road block. Pity... Their luck that day was probably the worst of the whole race. However, I hope they enjoyed all the cruises and travel packages they won. That probably made them happier~
    ~~ Failure is all but a detour to success~~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast