+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Our Interview with David and Jeff

Fade to black
    Good stuff John. Thanks so much for all your hard work in doing these!
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Great interview with great guys!

I thought the reasoning for the flight to Sydney was VERY interesting. So in fact, they were actually TOO prepared!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I think the part about going to Sydney with the production crew is a mistake of logic on their part. It was impossible to get to Honolulu that day through Sydney unless they caught a 5:45AM departure out of Cairns, I repeat: IMPOSSIBLE. My guess is the production crew were enroute either:

1) To somwhere else other than Sydney, could be Brisbane or even Tokyo. QF 60 is an Int'l flight yet a domestic leg. Let me explain. Qantas flights below number 400 (e.g. flight #1 to flight #399) are INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS. These flights may be flown domestically (within Australia) as part of an Int'l itineary. For example, it's very common that someone will fly from Brisbane to Tokyo via Cairns on a same flight number and same plane yet Brisbane to Cairns is purely domestic. These flights, you have to clear the Australian Immigration/Customs in Cairns before you can board the flight as though you are leaving Australia. If you are taking it purely as a domestic leg, you have to get a stamp on your borading pass or else you could be in trouble. In other words, the Goats had to clear customs in Cairns. They probably thought Phil and the crew were heading for Sydney but really these crew weren't since they are all bunched up in the Int'l terminal (Cairns have separate terminals for domestic and Int'l). Evidence to support that is if the crew were indeed heading for Sydney, the Goats mostly likely would have spot them and followed. Yet, they didn't. With dozen of people travelling with equipment, camera and extra, it's pretty hard to miss.

2) The other possibility is if the crew indeed headed for Sydney, which I doubt, they could be connecting for the flight to L.A. There is an afternoon flight either via Brisane or Sydney. Once in L.A., they can backtrack to Honolulu. That would be the only logical explanation for the crew to head for Sydney but I doubt it seriously.

Conclusion: In my opinion, David and Jeff made a mistake about the crew heading for Sydney when they really weren't.

Finally, I just want to say I got to appreciate how nice these two men are in the last few episodes. They have a relax and laid-back attitude. I can see why they are good friends with Reichen and Chip.
    Phil

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Jeff and David are great people, too bad they didnt show much of them ... great itnerview john
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Tsutroi, the production crew was headed for Phoenix, and they were in no rush, they just had to beat the first team there... It's entirely possible they were going through Sydney.

First... and most importantly... why the heck was Phil in Hollywood looking for me??

Oh well.

GREAT interview, they seem like a couple of great guys.

Interesting bit about the production team getting on the flight.

Thanks for the interview!! David and Jeff did a great job and really should be proud of themselves.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Yea .. i am sort of confused, if david and jeff followed the production crew and phil and the producers, how come they got stuck in austrailia when the crew were in phoenix?
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Thanks!

FORT Newbie

dave and jeff

Thanks for the interview, interesting that the casting girls picked them. You'd think since several male teams won previously that casting chicks wouldn't have to pick up random male teams in bars. But thanks casting chicks for picking them, cause yum.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Tsutroi, the production crew was headed for Phoenix, and they were in no rush, they just had to beat the first team there... It's entirely possible they were going through Sydney.
    John, thank you for the clarification. So it looks like my scenario #2, the less likely one, is actually correct. The reason why I gave it less consideration is because I thought I saw Phil appearing in Hawaii to expalain the Roadblock, I must have got confused. What you said makes sense now indeed. The crew must be heading to Sydney to connect on the flight to L.A. around noon local time, before heading to Phoenix since there is no direct flight between Australia and Phoenix.

Either way, it was David and Jeff's mistake for following the crew assuming they are heading for Hawaii when they weren't.

You know what, I actually found a way that David and Jeff could have saved themselves once in Sydney. I will post it here shortly, just have to type it up, hopefully it won't break their heart if they read this.
    Phil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast