+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rules for the Fast Forward

Man! Its getting kinda heated in here!

I would agree with Ruben and anyone else about the NELs needing to be earlier in the race. Or at least shake it up...so the dedicated viewers never know exactly WHEN it is an NEL. Like Jon knew when the NEL was. Shake it up so the players and the viewers have no idea. It doesnt always have to be in the same, later legs of the race.

I always loved the FF. It is basically meaningless, other than giving teams that are way behind a chance to catch up. There is always an equalizer in the next leg anyway. It really only helps to use the FF if you are in last place in the leg, and think you might be philiminated.

But the FFs themselves are fun, and make for great tv. And they get harder and harder with each leg.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina

I would agree with Ruben and anyone else about the NELs needing to be earlier in the race. Or at least shake it up...so the dedicated viewers never know exactly WHEN it is an NEL. Like Jon knew when the NEL was. Shake it up so the players and the viewers have no idea. It doesnt always have to be in the same, later legs of the race.

I always loved the FF. It is basically meaningless, other than giving teams that are way behind a chance to catch up. There is always an equalizer in the next leg anyway. It really only helps to use the FF if you are in last place in the leg, and think you might be philiminated.

But the FFs themselves are fun, and make for great tv. And they get harder and harder with each leg.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    Uh-oh, hope I haven't come off as "heated" in here. Sure don't mean to.

Also, I'd agree that I like watching the FF, regardless of whether I 100% agree with when it is made available. Steve & Dave with the comedy troupe in Venice, Steve & Josh at the champagne waltz, Millie & Chuck strapped to a windmill, Chip & Reichen with the orangutans. And that is just SOME of THIS season's FFs!

Ruben, I REALLY don't think there were any other limited travel options this season other than episode 1. You said you remember them, so I ask you to refresh me. I have a feeling you are probably remembering times when there were flights that some teams got on (and thus filled them up by taking the only remaining seats), but others were too late and had to look for other arrangements. This is NOT the same. Limited because of a rule is quite different than limited because there simply aren't enough seats.

Episode 1, TAR is the one that had already booked space for 4 teams on each of 3 flights. All they had to do was show up and claim one of the spaces somewhere. Those flights were not necessarily full, but TAR imposed the restrictions.

After that first set of flights from the starting line, it is up to them to find transportation. Any time after that when there are limited seating it is simply because that flight is full. It has nothing to do with TAR at all--it is just a full flight. Sometimes LOTS of teams get on the same flight, other times teams spread out over several options (not always because of availability--sometimes just by strategy).

And, regarding not wanting older, less physical teams in the race, I still disagree. I say who cares how far they make it. All but one team "loses" eventually. That is somewhat similar to the "fair weather fan" attitude that some sports fans have. These "type" of Race Teams have provided some nice, entertaining Racers, and have also done quite well, as I detailed in my earlier post. Of the 46 teams we've had in TAR history, I'd say there were only 4-5 that really didn't stand a chance to win--that's only about 10% which isn't too bad.

And, I think we really DO agree on the FF--it's just a matter of saying it differently. You agree that the FF should not be available on the final leg of the race. I say the "final leg" of the race starts when the last team is eliminated. It just so happens that it is split into two legs. I just look at it as a two-part leg with a final PitStop in the middle. So, I don't think the FF should be available in either of the two legs of the "final leg".

Why Kelly and Jon didn't use their fast forward in the last leg?

I just wanna know that!!!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by hin1234
    I just wanna know that!!!
    as far as I know, there are no fast forwards available for use in the last and 2nd last leg of the race(i.e. leg 12 and 13)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234