+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Save The Amazing Race--All Fans MUST Read

FORT Newbie

Save The Amazing Race--All Fans MUST Read

As you may or may not know, the ratings for the show have not been the best and therefore the show's future is in question dispite its Ememy nomination. In order to make a point and do our part in saving the show, I have created a petition online to CBS to show the number of people who actually enjoy this show. If you are someone that would like to see future editions of the Amazing Race, then you MUST visit and sign the petition.

The Address is:

www.petitiononline.com/saveTAR

Also, if you know anyone else who may not visit this forum, be sure to give them the URL to the petition.

Thank you!

Those petitions don't do a damn thing. Write a letter to CBS instead, and do something that actually has a chance in hell of working.

Wanna-be TAR Racer invisible777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Those petitions don't do a damn thing. Write a letter to CBS instead, and do something that actually has a chance in hell of working.

No, they do work.

I signed one of these petitions several weeks back to try and save an unfinished video game series. The people behind the petition worked their asses off and 100,000 signatures later, it was submitted to the game company. A week after, they issued a press release saying they would continue the franchise.

The important thing is #1 get the signatures.

Then #2 delivery. You don't just wanna drop CBS an e-mail about a 25,000 signature petition. Try and get Bertram Van Munster's e-mail. That's equally as important.

Good luck, you have my signature.

What would work better than signing a petition is for each person who would sign this to get 5 of their friends to turn on the TV and watch this show for the finale. CBS only cares about ratings, versus production costs. And all the "save this show" rhetoric in the world isn't going to change anyone's mind if it's not financially viable.

Sending Bertram a petition with X thousand signatures will do nothing - Bertram is wringing his hands waiting for an answer just like we are. He has no decision-making influence in this process.

It is a well-meaning but misguided attempt, and one better served by different, more proven methods. Putting your name on this petition does nothing but make people THINK they're doing something good, when in actuality, it has abuot as much chance of working as organizing a prayer circle for renewing the show.

Why not do both? And plus, signing the petition won't hurt.
    And the Emmy goes to.....THE AMAZING RACE!!! (For real!)

FORT Regular
    I was told by an individual in a position to have some knowlkedge that typed or handwritten letters are the way to go.

Online petitions have zero credibility in this situation. Want to prove that all of the email addresses are (a) legitimate and (b) are not the same person? And its' viewed dismissively because it does not convey the sense of conviction and interest a snal mail latter does.
    That's the propblem with online petitions. You can't prove those two points. The networks are more influenced by real honest-to-god old-fashioned letters. If you have legible handwriting, that's even better. (I don't so I type everything to begin with -- I can;t even read my own handwritten notes!)

John can you pin the Save TAR thread with the snail mail addresses?
    >|p >|p

FORT Fan
    Not to make anyone mad or not, but to those who reply with nothing but negativity and alleged "in-the-know" acquaintances, a small part of me does hope that CBS axes TAR so that you will have something to bitch and moan about for months.

The same dismissive attitude given to on-line petitions can also be addressed to actual hand-written, postal delivered letters. How do you or I know that someone with actual power to influence a decision (like entertainment president Nancy Tellem or CEO Leslie Moonves) is ever going to see them? You don't. So, it would seem that one is just as good as the other. As far as same name, different e-mail address, the same scenario could be applied to snail mail. Do you think some CBS page actuals verifies the street address of every single letter the network recieves? Highly doubtful.

Basically, maybe those negative posters can follow advice their mother's should have told them: "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

I'm really THAT Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    What would work better than signing a petition is for each person who would sign this to get 5 of their friends to turn on the TV and watch this show for the finale. CBS only cares about ratings, versus production costs. And all the "save this show" rhetoric in the world isn't going to change anyone's mind if it's not financially viable.
    John is dead on right. Ratings, not signatures, not letters, not telephone calls. Just ratings.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jpoliver
    Basically, maybe those negative posters can follow advice their mother's should have told them: "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."
    And maybe you can too

(And maybe I can too)

But my stance on this is, even though I don't think it will work, if you want to organize something like this - Go for it!
    Last edited by Zaius; 08-18-2003 at 12:01 AM.

Okay, I will say this again. Why not try everything possible to save the show. If we try everything there is to try, maybe they will reconsider. If everyone thinks it's not going to work--heck, it's not going to work! No one would sign it because being told that it wouldn't work. And I would feel heartbroken if I were the owner of the petition reading these posts. So why not try to be positive and do everything we can. You never know what could happen.
    And the Emmy goes to.....THE AMAZING RACE!!! (For real!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast