+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Save The Amazing Race--All Fans MUST Read

  1. #11
    Wanna-be TAR Racer invisible777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    124
    Signing the petition takes 30 seconds -- it doesn't hurt to try.

  2. #12
    American Idol Fanatic IdolFreak05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    225
    I agree. Why not do everything we can to keep our show on the air! John how would we get an e-mail to CBS?

    roadblock I love your little picture looks awesome

  3. #13
    FORT Fan akari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    a small sunny island
    Age
    29
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATC Dave
    John is dead on right. Ratings, not signatures, not letters, not telephone calls. Just ratings.

    Dave
    I totally agree to this. Good ratings=More possible sponsors=More profits=Future TAR! Ratings may improve if All-Star TAR actually come true. I'm desperate to try anything for a TAR5 and 6 and so on. Too bad people in Singapore probably can't do much about the situation. They don't include our ratings right?
    Good luck people~

  4. #14
    FORT Fanatic Luna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore :)
    Age
    25
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by invisible777
    Signing the petition takes 30 seconds -- it doesn't hurt to try.
    I can't think of anything negative that can come out of signing it...

  5. #15
    FORT Fanatic Luna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore :)
    Age
    25
    Posts
    624
    Oh, just wodering, has this been posted in other forums as well?

  6. #16
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by akari
    I totally agree to this. Good ratings=More possible sponsors=More profits=Future TAR! Ratings may improve if All-Star TAR actually come true. I'm desperate to try anything for a TAR5 and 6 and so on. Too bad people in Singapore probably can't do much about the situation. They don't include our ratings right?
    Good luck people~

    wish we (TAR Lovers from Asia!) can do something about the ratings, about the idea of encouraging friends to watch it so as to boost the ratings, i think we won't have any problems with that, the sad thing is that it doesn't make any sense coz' we aren't included in the ratings survey, i really wish we were, trust us, cbs won't be havin' any second thoughts on doing a TAR 5 and so on, ratings will reach the sky, trust me, yah all with me my fellow asian TAR Lovers?

    so for now, what we can do to help save the show and give our support is to do the online petition thing, it won't hurt to try, and do the snail mail thing and the feedback thing on cbs's page, im pretty sure it'll help a bit.

    i really hate the idea that we aren't included in the ratings survey, asia has an incredibly huge fan base .... ohh man ... anyway, i will be signing the online petition now, later guys!

    i will also be spreading the link so more people can sign. ill do my best to help save the show ..... Long Live TAR! Horay!

  7. #17
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    73
    To help the ratings, I'm going to have all four TVs in my house tuned to TAR next Thursday for the finale. This will be MY way of saving the Race.

    For those who own more than one TV in a house, please turn ALL the TV's on and have ALL be tuned to TAR. Or better yet, get non-TAR people to watch the show. Show them how great the show really is. Spread the word!!

    I have really wished that non-US viewers from around the world, especially Asia, would be counted in the ratings.

    I hope to get a letter out to Moonves by the end of this week. By the way, many of us seems to disagree on which method would work the best to save the Race. I would just say this: if you're short on time, do the one method YOU think will best help the show. If you have lots of time, then do ALL methods. No one needs to be forced to do anything here, but then again, I don't think it will hurt at all to try any of the methods you guys have mentioned.

  8. #18
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbird001
    To help the ratings, I'm going to have all four TVs in my house tuned to TAR next Thursday for the finale. This will be MY way of saving the Race.

    For those who own more than one TV in a house, please turn ALL the TV's on and have ALL be tuned to TAR. Or better yet, get non-TAR people to watch the show. Show them how great the show really is. Spread the word!!

    I have really wished that non-US viewers from around the world, especially Asia, would be counted in the ratings.

    I hope to get a letter out to Moonves by the end of this week. By the way, many of us seems to disagree on which method would work the best to save the Race. I would just say this: if you're short on time, do the one method YOU think will best help the show. If you have lots of time, then do ALL methods. No one needs to be forced to do anything here, but then again, I don't think it will hurt at all to try any of the methods you guys have mentioned.

    why speedbird, that's a fantastic idea, i'll tell my friends who live there to do the same, tune all tvs to TAR finale, that will help a lot im sure, i hope good enough to totally boost the ratings ..... c'mon guys, encourage all your friends in the US to do the same, it'll help a lot, i hope. again, great idea speedbird!

    yeah, if they include asia ... man, as i've said earlier, there will be season 5, 6 and so on ... plus an all star season. too bad we can't do anything to boost the ratings. again we will just do all the methods available to us to help save the show.

  9. #19
    Fort Regular Munchkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    What would work better than signing a petition is for each person who would sign this to get 5 of their friends to turn on the TV and watch this show for the finale. CBS only cares about ratings, versus production costs.

    Okay....I am really going to show my technological ignorance here, but how does CBS know how many are watching? Do they not use "sample" households to gauge the size of the audience?

    Awaiting response to pull me out of my techno quagmire.

  10. #20
    The race is back! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    On the mat
    Age
    44
    Posts
    40,432
    They do use Nielsen families to gauge the size of the audience, except in some large markets where they're testing "metered viewing", where everyone counts. Also, TiVo owners can be reported separately by the TiVo company, and makes a good judge of viewer habits.

    But, since a Nielsen family is not allowed to tell anyone they're a NF, one of your friends just might be one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.