+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who has the BEST goodbye-speech ?

Worthy good bye speeches

AR4: The clowns, Millie/ Chuck, Tian/ Jaree , Steve/Dave , Amanda/ Chris

AR3: Aaron/ Arriane ( liked that handshake) John/Jill, Tramel/ Talicia

AR2: Mary/ Peach, Oswald/Danny, Gary/Dave
    All good things come to an end.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    For past seasons I loved the Grannie's goodbye speech. They rocked. They could have shown Jeff doing the challenge, but that would have taken away from the suspense of who was gonna win.

JamesB
    AR4: If they count as goodbye speeches, then C/R: overall it was a good speech, certainly not the worst to me (that would be Gary/Dave or Steve/Josh) and they were so shocked and overjoyed at winning that I was amazed they could find words.

Then K/J: I was not a fan of this team but I did feel bad for her when she burst into tears, and their comments about how their relationship had strengthened were nice.

Teams who were eliminated earlier in the season - Tian/Jaree (shock at elimination, and one of them asked for a cigarette!), Monica/Sheree, and of course Jon and Al.

Season 3: The soccer moms...Gina and the other one, when they said their kids could be proud of them. That was a great team. John Vito and Jill, I was so sad to see them go I can't even remember what they said.

Season 2: Mary and Peach. Hope and Norm, who were eliminated in the second episode. Cha Cha Cha. The one I can never forget is the mother and daughter who were the first eliminated. The poor mother had gone on the show to have another chance with her daughter, and they were the first to go. She was devastated and the daughter went out of her way to reassure and comfort this brokenhearted woman.

Season 1: Who can ever forget Karyn's monotonous declaration that her relationship with Lenny was over? I mean they were like zombies by the time they were eliminated.

The Soccer Moms were awesome. They should have made it farther, they showed so much heart. Deidre and Hillary were sad, too. Even though they were straight from the movie Rat Race, it was touching to see Hillary comforting her mother. You could see that she really cared for her mother despite her not being there for her in the past.

FORT Regular
    I've only watched TAR4 so ...

the more memorable "final words" for me were the Chipsters (unavoidable since they were my favourite team) and Tangerine (loved Tian's "We stopped fighting and we lost, damnit!"). Chillie were one of my least favourite teams, but the way they had a complete melt down in both the race and their relationship during their Philimination leg made their final words pretty memorable for me too.

JamesB
    Quote Originally Posted by scooberoo
    The Soccer Moms were awesome. They should have made it farther, they showed so much heart. Deidre and Hillary were sad, too. Even though they were straight from the movie Rat Race, it was touching to see Hillary comforting her mother. You could see that she really cared for her mother despite her not being there for her in the past.
    Deidre and Hillary, yes! Thank you. I felt awful for her. I've always wondered what their relationship is now. Hopefully they're close.

I was really upset to see the soccer moms and Tramel and Talicia leave back-to-back. If not for Ken and Gerard and John Vito and Jill (and Derek/Drew Ian/Teri to a lesser extent), I couldn't have made it through season 3.

The funny thing is that I can't even remember most of the season 4 goodbye speeches. Chris/Amanda, Russell/Cindy, Team ATC, even Millie/Chuck - total blank. The first one I completely remember is Monica and Sheree because they were one of the teams I was seriously rooting for.

The Shii Ann photo is great. They should put her and Robb on Amazing Race 5 (I'm kidding. Well, half-kidding.)

FORT Regular
    I would say that the team with the best good-bye speech was the Clowns!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesB
    The funny thing is that I can't even remember most of the season 4 goodbye speeches. Chris/Amanda, Russell/Cindy, Team ATC, even Millie/Chuck - total blank. The first one I completely remember is Monica and Sheree because they were one of the teams I was seriously rooting for.

The Shii Ann photo is great. They should put her and Robb on Amazing Race 5 (I'm kidding. Well, half-kidding.)
    Thanks! Shii and Robb on TAR would be crazy...

I remember Chris was upset about messing up the Roadblock, and Amanda was comforting him. I highly doubt that he would be as comforting if she did the same thing. Haha! (I loved those two) Russell and Cindy I can't really remember... the ATC's were positive, because they knew it was them, kinda like the Grannies... Millie was upset about losing... Majorly... Monica and Sheree's was depressing... That totally should have been a non-elimination leg...

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Steve and Dave... I forgot to add yours !

Haha... You two B.F.G.s cry on your parting words!

Updated List
    1. Jon and Al
    2. Millie and Chuck ()
    3. Tian and Jaree ()
    4. Monica and Sheree
    5. Steve and Dave
    6. Kelly and Jon (They talked! Never quarreled!)
    7. Reichen and Chip
    8. Steve and Josh
    9. Amanda and Chris
    10. David and Jeff
    11. Debra and Steve
    12. Russell and Cindy (Do they know they were eliminated?)

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    You mean, the gay talk was the goodbye speech ?
    Hmmm... that part must have been censored by the local TV station. Damn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast