+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Will there be a TAR5? Discussion

Bertram probably could, but I doubt Phil could or would. And someone mentioned that Jerry has series running on other networks, which helps his ability to shop it around without biting the hand that feeds him a little.

Actually.......i heard,
    if an all male team wins again.........there will ve no ar5? I have no idea............but that is stupid!
    Why can't they just put a season with all co-ed teams or girl teams! So guy teams will not win

I would say..........................p lease have more ar!!!!
    even though kelly and JOn(I hope will win)!
    Only some liked Flo and Zach! Maybe there is still more?

Quote Originally Posted by weird_gal
    Actually.......i heard,
    if an all male team wins again.........there will ve no ar5? I have no idea............but that is stupid!
    Now that is preposterous. If an all-male team wins again, then all the better for more girl teams to apply in order to break this, I say. Hmmm...I think I can convince my best friend to join me on this--if ever CBS is accepting applications again. We'll show those boys!

Wanna-be TAR Racer invisible777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weird_gal
    Actually.......i heard,
    Why can't they just put a season with all co-ed teams or girl teams! So guy teams will not win

Whether or not the show is renewed for another season has nothing to do with the sex of the contestants.

FORT Regular
    the name bruckheimer is are only hope (one of)

given his relationship with CBS, he has 3 good shows there right? maybe he can do a powerplay thing ..... don't yah dare cancel TAR of else i'll give CSI to another network .... hahaha ... would that work? a lot of TAR fans has this idea ... it's all up to our man Bruckheimer!
    Last edited by acid jazz; 08-19-2003 at 10:09 PM.

FORT Fan
    While having Jerry Bruckheimer as a producer is a definate plus, I haven't actually watched an entire episode of "CSI", "CSI: Miami", or "Without a Trace", so I don't know how effective a power play may be. CBS may own a portion of those series, and if that is the case, Mr. Bruckheimer may not be able to take them to other networks as easily as he would otherwise. In todays entertainment climate, most network's own a portion or all of their popular series.

Still, Mr. Bruckheimer could threaten to take future ideas to other networks. In addition to those three CBS series, Mr. Bruckheimer will have three new ones, and only one of those ("Cold Cases") is on CBS. "Skin" will air on Fox; "Fearless" will air on WB in early 2004.

As I mentioned in an earlier reply, ABC would be a prime candidate for a future CBS-less home for TAR. Since TAR is co-produced by the Disney owned Touchstone TV and since Mr. Bruckheimer is TV's newest "Mr. It", ABC may also want a piece of his pie, even if it is a reality series. TAR could provide ABC with a viable reality franchise, since the network only has "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" scheduled to air. Since the last edition of "Bachelor" didn't fare as well as previous editions, maybe that franchise is running out of gas.

Hopefully this ABC scenario won't be necessary, with CBS giving the green light to a fifth season.

Also, as far as the gender of the TAR winners, CBS and producers know who wins, so its like Les Moonves or other high ranking CBS executives are going to be shocked at Thursdays outcome. Even if CBS does cancel TAR, it will be for something besides the gender of the winners.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoliver
    Hopefully this ABC scenario won't be necessary, with CBS giving the green light to a fifth season.

well said jpoliver.

i do hope that the ABC scenario won't be necessary. CBS should just give it another try, i know, we all know, that ratings weren't very impressive over the past seasons but it's still worth a try, as a lot of you have said and i will say it too, CBS lacks the campaign for TAR, TAR deserves a more powerful campaign.

a lot more people are enjoying TAR and that is a very good sign. i hope they are now seeing the uniqueness of the show and how classy it is and why it differs so much from all these other reality shows.

CBS want big ratings then they better advertise more. right?

just to let everybody know, TAR is still very very popular here in asia, that's good news, right? i hope it goes on.

FORT Newbie

Interview with producers of TAR

I was looking for info on TAR5 and I came across these two links...

A recent(?) interview with the producers:
    http://www.jsonline.com/enter/tvradio/aug03/163073.asp

and a message board with discussions around "the taping" of TAR5. It struck me as bizarre. Maybe it's false information, maybe it's another show that's similar but I thought that someone here at the FORT might find it interesting:
    http://ctv1.ctv.ca/boards/amazingrace/showmessage.asp?messageID=2927

Quote Originally Posted by Rochacha!
    I was looking for info on TAR5 and I came across these two links...

A recent(?) interview with the producers:
    http://www.jsonline.com/enter/tvradio/aug03/163073.asp

and a message board with discussions around "the taping" of TAR5. It struck me as bizarre. Maybe it's false information, maybe it's another show that's similar but I thought that someone here at the FORT might find it interesting:
    http://ctv1.ctv.ca/boards/amazingrace/showmessage.asp?messageID=2927
    Oh gosh, if what I'm reading is true, I'll simply cry for joy! Hopefully that person(Mike) is trustworthy and not leading us on a wild goose chase. The confimation of a TAR5 will really make my day. But TAR5 better be as interesting as TAR4. TAR3 was not that fun, but this season was superb!
    ~~ Failure is all but a detour to success~~

+ Reply to Thread