+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Will there be a TAR5? Discussion

I was thinking that if CBS doesn't think TAR is worth being on tv anymore then can't other tv networks (like ABC, NBC) take over the show?
    Because if they really cancelled the show and some other network takes over it, I'm show CBS would regret what they did.
    And the Emmy goes to.....THE AMAZING RACE!!! (For real!)

Because of Jerry Bruckheimer's relationship with CBS, I personally doubt he would shop it to a different channel. And really, he's busy enough that if CBS didn't want to do a fifth edition, he probably would thank them.

I sure hope...........that there si still ar5!
    It's just getting exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by roadblock
    I was thinking that if CBS doesn't think TAR is worth being on tv anymore then can't other tv networks (like ABC, NBC) take over the show?
    Because if they really cancelled the show and some other network takes over it, I'm show CBS would regret what they did.
    I can't believe I typed "I'm show" instead of "I'm sure". Sorry for the typo.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Because of Jerry Bruckheimer's relationship with CBS, I personally doubt he would shop it to a different channel. And really, he's busy enough that if CBS didn't want to do a fifth edition, he probably would thank them.
    But...but...it's not a good time to end the show yet. The show could be more successful if they give it a chance and advertise more.

When they showed the next to last episode of Nash Bridges, they called the last one Season Finale. Two days before the showing of the Season Finale, they cancelled the show and ended up announcing it as the Series Finale.... I didn't watch CBS for three years because of that stunt. I can always not watch it again, Do you hear me CBS?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

FORT Fan
    I really will probably not watch TAR5 if Kelly and Jon win this one. 2 boring teams, and 2 hateful teams in 4 seasons, I think that's my limit.
    I think it's most people's limit as well.
    What I can't bear most, of course, is the fourth place's curse

I'm not living in USA, I can't figure how big is the competition between television station/ programmes. However, showbusiness is a business. People definitely will not invest a non-profit/low-rating programme. I can see that making amazing race is very expenisve (Up to now, I still think its porduction cost is more than the other reality shows). Hence I am worried about the show's future.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I really will probably not watch TAR5 if Kelly and Jon win this one. 2 boring teams, and 2 hateful teams in 4 seasons, I think that's my limit.
    Well, if CBS does decide to bring the show back for a fifth go around, they should be a little more diverse in their casting. If you look back on all the teams that have ever competed, you get a lot of the same types. Basically, that's the reason I don't want to see either of the 2 all male teams win. I don't really like either of them, and we've already seen 2 teams just like them win (I'm assuming that's who you mean by boring.) I like Kelly and Jon (we're all entitled to our opinions), and I've made the same comments about Survivor and TAR before that if someone won that I didn't like, I wasn't going to watch it. But I always come back. I liked Zach last year, so at least the winner wasn't a total disappointment to me (you know, if they were to ever switch the teams up they should pair Zach with Cindy (AR4). At least they'd be able to enjoy the race with a better partner.)

FORT Fan
    Just to comment on two replys...

First, while I may be reading too much into the use of the phrase 'Season Finale' of TAR4 on the CBS website, during both 'Big Brother 4' and the blackout re-broadcast of last Thursdays TAR4, the network aired promos labeling the next broadcast simply as 'Finale'. Again, I may be reading too much into seemingly insignificant words, but wouldn't CBS use the same phrase to describe the episode both on-line and on-air? Perhaps the scales have tipped in the opposite direction and now CBS is considering pulling the plug?

Second, if CBS cancels TAR and producers do shop it around to other networks, a prime candidate would be ABC. The reason is because Touchstone Television is a co-producer of TAR, and like ABC, Touchstone is owned by Walt Disney Co. As far as Mr. Bruckheimer's involvement goes, he could always relinquish his title as 'executive producer' and sever his ties to the series. Furthermore, with both Fox and The WB airing Bruckheimer produced series this fall (along with CBS), perhaps ABC would be willing to 'get into bed' with him as well, even if it is a reality series. Although if this scenario comes true, ABC would probably turn TAR into the 'Amazing Celebrity Race' like it did with 'The Mole'.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    How will TV be without TAR ?

How will FORT be without John ?

+ Reply to Thread