+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Will there be a TAR5? Discussion

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by invisible777
    So let's say they do decide on doing TAR5.

Then another 1-2 months to actually film.
    It takes 30 days to film a season of TAR. It says so in last weeks TV Guide for Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Murdock
    It takes 30 days to film a season of TAR. It says so in last weeks TV Guide for Canada.
    It takes 6 weeks, really, and a lot more than that for pre-production, getting all the visas needed, scouting locations, getting permission from governments, etc. Heck, even hiring cameramen and soundguys.

Not to mention working around Phil's busy schedule, whatever Bert has on his plate, and all the other logistical mess that comes out of a show like this.

If they decided today to do another season, it very likely wouldn't air until next summer.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    If they decided today to do another season, it very likely wouldn't air until next summer.
    Yeah I was thinking that too, 'cause I don't think that a network would have two seasons of the same reality show in the same year. (Forget For Love or Money --; ).

I hope they have one though, 'cause now they've broken in the concept and the filming of it... So next season should be awesome.
    Reichen and Chip: True American Heros!!!!

I still think that Kathy shoulda won S4!

FORT Fan
    Actually, it is quite common for networks to air two "seasons" of a reality franchise during the standard September to May TV season. CBS aired "Survivor" 3, 4, 5, and 6 over two full seasons. The 7 and 8 (all-star) editions of "Survivor" will air this fall and in January 2004, respectively. The first two installments of "Race" aired between September 2001 and May 2002. The network initially planned for the third and fourth installments to run from September 2002 to May 2003. For whatever reason (production delays, better ratings for replacement "Star Search"), the fourth season was delayed until summer. ABC also aired the second and third installments of "The Bachelor" during a regular season as well.

The reason that these reality series can air two "seasons" is because one season is usually only 13 episodes. Since the average series airs about 22 episodes per year, those reality series would need two editions to cover an entire year.

Also, at least one website (www.tvgameshows.net) is reporting that if CBS does have a fifth season, it would be in Summer 2004. Since "Race" was initially planned to air in Summer 2001 (pushed back to fall only due to a threatened actor and writer strike), I have always thought that CBS has decided to go back to that plan.

As far as renewing "Race", I would expect CBS to announce its plans for another installment within 6 weeks, and possibly before the start of the new season, the week of Sept. 22. The network must let the producers know their decision by a certain date so that they could shop the series around if it is canceled.

Depending on how long the application window is open, filming could start by the end of the year, with a possible midseason launch (in February or March), although CBS would have to announce its plans for "Race" right now for that time frame to work.

FORT Regular
    I hope they have a season 5 and if CBS doesn't I hope another station picks it up. It's good quality television and it would be crap if it isn't renewed... and crappy shows like "For Love or Money" or "Cupid" get renewed. Those shows are such garbage!!

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Those shows are garbage but maybe the cost of production is less than that of The Amazing Race.

Amazing Race 5?

Is there going to be another season of The Amazing Race? Cause if there isn't I will cry! lol

Wanna-be TAR Racer invisible777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse_85
    Is there going to be another season of The Amazing Race? Cause if there isn't I will cry! lol

I'm about to cry because this thread was started.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by 1083
    It would make ENORMOUS sense for ABC to pick it up - they are in an ugly struggle right now and the summmer season was three steps beyond ugly, Bravo was beating them up! Optioning TAR would put them in Bruckheimer's good graces and possibly allow them to get some more shows from him so they have nothing to lose by doing it. What might really spark viewers is to run TAR and the Eco-Challenge back to back in the 9 and 10pm time slots on Tuesdays and run gobs of promos on ESPN and Monday Night Football for it. I bet they would get a number of sports/advennture fans to sample it at that point.
    I heard on t.v. that ABC hasn't had a show in the top 15 for the pas 2 or 3 weeks, which I'm guessing is probably a bad thing, since it's summer and mostly reruns. Does anyone know how well this season of the race did compared to others? I've heard a few different things, so I'm not sure what's true. The show seems to get the same number of ratings each season, so I don't know why CBS would want to cancel it now.

Fell in love with a boy.. realitynut95's Avatar
    they cannot cancel this show! it is the one show me and my mom actually like in common with one another!

+ Reply to Thread