+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Will there be a TAR5? Discussion

I hope they continue. This is my first season and I would have to cry if it were also my last.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Please let their be another season!!! Only thing is I DONT WANNA GROW ON THE CONTESTANTS, It'll be sad once again when its over like now *sobs*
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Phlex
    They should not only have TAR5, but they should have it in High Definition, which CBS has been promoting quite a bit. A 'travel adventure' show like this absolutely cries out for the HDTV treatment, and HD viewers would probably be more likely to tune in, though that's not yet a lot of viewers. Obviously, some of the camera work would have to be standard def; I am constantly in awe of how invisible the camera and sound guys are, by the way.
    Ooo, high definition sounds great. Although, most of my pitiful electronics came from the Flinstone's house.

We'll better wait for more details, though I hope this is true...

I think our first clue would be if they put out a casting call for TAR5. So keep your eyes open for that.

Okay...what if *shudders* cbs doesn't pick up another season?

A friend of mine said, maybe another network would want to pick it up? It may not be getting "Friends" ratings, but it still has a solid audience. Why wouldn't another network want it, if it came down to it?

Anyone? Anyone? John? Bravo? TAR fans in general?
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Okay...what if *shudders* cbs doesn't pick up another season?

A friend of mine said, maybe another network would want to pick it up? It may not be getting "Friends" ratings, but it still has a solid audience. Why wouldn't another network want it, if it came down to it?

Anyone? Anyone? John? Bravo? TAR fans in general?

It would make ENORMOUS sense for ABC to pick it up - they are in an ugly struggle right now and the summmer season was three steps beyond ugly, Bravo was beating them up! Optioning TAR would put them in Bruckheimer's good graces and possibly allow them to get some more shows from him so they have nothing to lose by doing it. What might really spark viewers is to run TAR and the Eco-Challenge back to back in the 9 and 10pm time slots on Tuesdays and run gobs of promos on ESPN and Monday Night Football for it. I bet they would get a number of sports/advennture fans to sample it at that point.
    everybody has the right to speak their mind, so don't shoot me if I speak mine- ray davies

Quote Originally Posted by 1083
    It would make ENORMOUS sense for ABC to pick it up - they are in an ugly struggle right now and the summmer season was three steps beyond ugly, Bravo was beating them up! Optioning TAR would put them in Bruckheimer's good graces and possibly allow them to get some more shows from him so they have nothing to lose by doing it. What might really spark viewers is to run TAR and the Eco-Challenge back to back in the 9 and 10pm time slots on Tuesdays and run gobs of promos on ESPN and Monday Night Football for it. I bet they would get a number of sports/advennture fans to sample it at that point.
    I think SYSOP added RUMOR to the title after I posted this info... anyway, it might be more accurate that way...
    I think it will definitely happen since TAR4 has generated lots of interests and debates. Another reason is, just like Queer eye for the str8 guys, the rating will keep going up when more people spread the word and stimulate their friends interests in watching the show. I'm sure the current loyal fans of TAR4 will do a great job on this.

Wanna-be TAR Racer invisible777's Avatar
    So let's say they do decide on doing TAR5.

Let's take a look at the time frame.

2-3 months to see if they're renewing it.

Another 3-4 months advertising applications and scouting for contestants.

Then another 1-2 months to actually film.

So we're looking at (if we're lucky) TAR5 running next summer...beats never running.

FORT Newbie
    See the logical thing to do is to see whether or not CBS has opened 'put away' a TAR5 website...
    http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race5/
    Would more than likely say something... Kinda like www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor7. All that says is something about a "Top Secret" location.
    I say to watch TAR5 site... Something'll pop up soon.

And if not, then boo @ CBS!

+ Reply to Thread