Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 103

Thread: The 13th Episode (Finale) 08/21

  1. #41
    CJT
    CJT is offline
    FORT Fan CJT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by erinys
    That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. So if I were to follow your line of thinking, I'm to presume that when Ruben won AI it was because most overweight African American's in this country voted for him? Oh and "then plus some more from other voters." Utterly ridiculous, not to mention completely insulting.

    Yes I agree, when one's fave team gets eliminated, it's likely that said individual quits voting. But seeing that Reichip are still competing, their fans are still voting for them. What's your point?

    I'm going out on a limb and betting that said online poll would suddenly "mean much" if Kelly and Jon were the leaders.


    I've addressed this question to you before: What would you have Chip do -- step aside for little Millie out of some misdirected sense of chivalry? This isn't "charm school," they're racing for a million bucks. Besides, Millie wasn't the one sporting a cut lip.

    Your dislike for Reichen and Chip is palpable. It's also clouding what's left of your brain. By saying the boy's cheated you're implying they violated the rules dishonestly, when, in fact, it was an honest mistake.

    It's quite obvious you suffer from selective memory. I seem to recall a dune buggy accident, even if you do not. Reichen and Chip have consistently finished higher than both Joke and Who. So, in my opinion, your argument that Reichip won't win because they are accident prone is implausible.

    100%

  2. #42
    FORT Newbie compuphonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    P.S. R&C, why should I be shocked if Reichen and Chip win ? Simple. They are just not very sharp and accident prone. I bet you that the car that span out of control has to be Reichen and Chip's. And who run over their partner's foot ?
    well, they are obviously more sharp than 9 other teams that WERE in this race....

  3. #43
    FORT Fogey eldee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,545
    Thanks Erinys.

  4. #44
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA area
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18
    Thanks, erinys!
    You pretty much made all the points I was about to make.

    I roll my eyes when people make comments that imply (or downright state) that Reichen & Chip are popular solely because they're gay.
    I guess these folks don't pay attention to how many fans say, "I'm not gay, but I love R&C," or "I'm a straight woman, and I love R&C."

    I also get a kick out of the fact that the penalty mistake they made, has suddenly snow-balled into "cheating."
    They made a mistake which was against the rules. They didn't cheat.
    Big difference.



    Brian

  5. #45
    Palau Islands Tsutroi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    242
    erinys, thanks for the sarcastic/humoristic yet well put rebut. For one thing, I don't know how one is capable of quantifying the probability of winning at all in a race like this yet you see him giving numbers something like Kelly/Jon 70% and Reichen and Chip 1%. When luck plays such an important factor in a Race like this one, it's impossible to quantify the probability of winning. That's why I could only qualify based on limited evidences and record to suggest that David and Jeff have a little edge over other teams in terms of chance of winning. However, without knowing how luck and other undetermined variable factored, it's impossible to say this in any certainty.

    I'd like to comment about some questions asked to me earlier. The frames while David and Jeff was taking a taxi or Chip running towards the stadium say very little if anything at all. Any speculation here is no better than wild guess because there is no logic to follow. My gut feeling however about Chip running towards the Stadium scene, based on his facial expression, the urgency of his steps, suggest to me that he probably doesn't know at that point what the outcome was going to be. That can be a good sign in the sense that teams usually know it when somebody is ahead of them or whether they are last or not. They get this right most of the time even though they might not see the others. For instance, Ian and Terri knew somebody arrived before them because they saw a taxi parking right outside the Final Pitstop in TAR3 so they knew they weren't going to win. Consequently, their expressions would also respond accordingly and you can tell that very clearly. Or even recall the entrance of Ken and Gerald into the final pitstop in TAR3, the way they ran to Phil and Ken's facial expression suggested they knew the outcome before reaching the pit stop. I also have the impression that teams aren't closely tailing each other in Phoenix. You don't see the 3 teams tailing each other the way it happened on leg 12.
    Phil

  6. #46
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Age
    37
    Posts
    51
    erinys, you took every single thought out of my mind and put it into words!

    It's hard to even begin to see if ruben_of_205 makes valid arguments because his/her dislike for R&C clouds every single 'judgement' made by him/her.

  7. #47
    Hug me!
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,761
    Wow.. I feel like I am surrounded by rabid Reichen and Chip's fans. Hey, that's fine. The fact is that I can deal with Clay's fans and you guys are not even in the same league as rabid Clay's fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by erinys
    That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. So if I were to follow your line of thinking, I'm to presume that when Ruben won AI it was because most overweight African American's in this country voted for him? Oh and "then plus some more from other voters." Utterly ridiculous, not to mention completely insulting.
    Why is it ridiculous ? I think you would be very naive or at least in denial if you think people wouldn't favor a person because they have the same religion or same sexual preference or same ethic or from same town ?? Just like most vietnamese or asians would vote for Dat Phan in LCS or most African American and most people from Alabama would vote for Ruben Studdard.

    Yes I agree, when one's fave team gets eliminated, it's likely that said individual quits voting. But seeing that Reichip are still competing, their fans are still voting for them. What's your point?
    My point is that if less people voted, of course the percentage for Reichen and Chip will go up beacuse their fans are still there voting for them.

    I'm going out on a limb and betting that said online poll would suddenly "mean much" if Kelly and Jon were the leaders.
    Can I let me remind you that during the time of American Idol, Clay won most if not all online polls Ruben by at least 80%. Heck, even there was a poll here in FORT to poll who would win American Idol II, I think Clay came up like at least over 80% of the votes ?? But does the polls really mean anything ?? A big fat no. Ruben won Ameican votes when it came down to real voting.


    I've addressed this question to you before: What would you have Chip do -- step aside for little Millie out of some misdirected sense of chivalry? This isn't "charm school," they're racing for a million bucks. Besides, Millie wasn't the one sporting a cut lip.
    I am sorry, but this is only a game afterall. Even for money, you don't intentionally want to harm anybody! And how I like their comment last week about how they like to "punch" Kelly and Jon because Kelly and Jon were "lucky". :rolleyes The funny thing is that Reichen or is it Chip that went back to cry to Millie that she scratched him. Absolately pathetic. After all, he is the one initiated the contact.

    Your dislike for Reichen and Chip is palpable. It's also clouding what's left of your brain. By saying the boy's cheated you're implying they violated the rules dishonestly, when, in fact, it was an honest mistake.
    honest mistake ? ha ? They read the instruction OUT LOUD!!! They saw Kelly and Jon walked/run to the pitstop. So Reichen and Chip wanted to beat them so they cheated and DROVE. I think they should get eliminated because they cheated! Well, Reichen and Chip are either "cheaters" or "incredible stupid", take your pick. I think they are BOTH!

    It's quite obvious you suffer from selective memory. I seem to recall a dune buggy accident, even if you do not. Reichen and Chip have consistently finished higher than both Joke and Who. So, in my opinion, your argument that Reichip won't win because they are accident prone is implausible.
    Well, we will see. If they win this week, I will eat my words! If they lose, just remember "I told you so"!

  8. #48
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    38
    About the car spinning ... The only way I think it happened in Cairn, is because the type of car that were used. I'm not good with math, however if spinning means 360 degree turn, the car's position would have been already in the grass first. I think I saw the car went from left to the right side first but not sure cause I have not seen that clip for awhile. That's the conclusion I'd have tho doesn't matter much when and where the car was spinning, as long as it did not flip over. CBS never show R&C in their safe & sound mode ever since ep. 3 and yet they were still at the race. I believe this would be the "mental leap" (?) clue.

    I suggest that person who writes false accusations about R&C should have watched every episode from the begining to the end, then give comments ... but whatever. To claim R&C cheat and J&A were robbed ??? HELLO !!!

  9. #49
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    Can I let me remind you that during the time of American Idol, Clay won most if not all online polls Ruben by at least 80%. Heck, even there was a poll here in FORT to poll who would win American Idol II, I think Clay came up like at least over 80% of the votes ?? But does the polls really mean anything ?? A big fat no. Ruben won Ameican votes when it came down to real voting.
    Real voting? That's funny, because if you look at their voting process, the voting wasn't real. Their lines weren't even big enough to accept votes in. And if you look at the sales of their singles, you'll know what I mean.

    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    honest mistake ? ha ? They read the instruction OUT LOUD!!! They saw Kelly and Jon walked/run to the pitstop. So Reichen and Chip wanted to beat them so they cheated and DROVE. I think they should get eliminated because they cheated! Well, Reichen and Chip are either "cheaters" or "incredible stupid", take your pick. I think they are BOTH!
    This statement is just so lame, I won't even comment on it. Speaking of cheating, don't you think that someone in your little picture to your left did that? 205 jerseys sound familiar.

    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    Well, we will see. If they win this week, I will eat my words! If they lose, just remember "I told you so"!
    I hope you will. I think we're all tired of dealing with this kind of people like you.
    Last edited by invisible; 08-19-2003 at 04:39 AM.

  10. #50
    lol_its_fun
    Guest
    Correct me if I am wrong. In one episode, Reichen and Chip bought the first class tickets and hoped they would be able to get on the plane in time. But we all Amazing Race fans know that teams are not allowed to buy first class ticket. It happened in the past, and if they have watched the show before, they should know that very well.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.