Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 103

Thread: The 13th Episode (Finale) 08/21

  1. #31
    Ready? haejin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,924
    That's a great analysis, Tsutroi!

    Just 3 days till the season finale....

    A mad dash to the finish line would be fun, I guess.

  2. #32
    FORT Fan stebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by weird_gal
    I mean...................that maybe the RUMORS are true that Kelly and Jon will win
    This rumor has been gaining some momentum. I think the reason why is that most people seem to "want" any other team win than R&C and J&K seem liek the nest bet. There seem to be a a select few very vocal fans of R&C on this board... most have admitted that the only reason they are cheering for them because they are gay themselves. If you go back and watch this show from Episode 1 all the way until now then you will see that they have really played dirty. They are always polite about it afterwards but old "Caterpillar Eyebrows" just does not know how to keep his cool. I think America will be happy if anyone wins but them, we already had an unpopular team win last year.... this show NEEDS (in order to survive) a team to win that the majority of viewers want - that would be the Goats and K&J. Now watch as I get hammered for my view. Before you start screaming at me, I am just passing along my observations and the feedback I have gotten from the majority of people in TAR chat sessions and on the boards. I relaize that there are about 5 or 6 VERY outspoken C&R fans on this board. We all klnow your feelings, please don't yell at me. Thanks.
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

  3. #33
    Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,219
    The 13th episode seems by far the most exciting episode... Well... There's lot of excitement and adrenaline rush... hell I can't wait!!! (3 more days)

  4. #34
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    190

    Spoiler

    Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    The 13th episode seems by far the most exciting episode... Well... There's lot of excitement and adrenaline rush... hell I can't wait!!! (3 more days)
    The weekly tv section of the Philadelphia Inquirer has a synopsis for the final show stating that it is R & C who flip the car and that the finish line is in Arizona
    Trust Me!

  5. #35
    Hug me!
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsutroi
    1)Based on the various evidences, I believe David and Jeff has the best chance of winning, followed by Reichen/Chip and Kelly/Jon last. Now, this is not necessarily the order I think they will finish. What I am saying is who seems to be favorite based on past performances and evidences so far - the likelihood based on logic as opposed to mere speculations, in my view, gives edge to David and Jeff.
    Got to give you thumb up for the analysis. But as we know for sure... the previews are usually trying to mislead us to the actual result. I am 70% confident that Kelly and Jon will win TAR4 with 29% for David and Jeff.. 1% for Reichen and Chip. I would be really really shocked if Reichen and Chip have any chances to win.

  6. #36
    Hug me!
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by stebo
    This rumor has been gaining some momentum. I think the reason why is that most people seem to "want" any other team win than R&C and J&K seem liek the nest bet. There seem to be a a select few very vocal fans of R&C on this board... most have admitted that the only reason they are cheering for them because they are gay themselves. If you go back and watch this show from Episode 1 all the way until now then you will see that they have really played dirty. They are always polite about it afterwards but old "Caterpillar Eyebrows" just does not know how to keep his cool. I think America will be happy if anyone wins but them, we already had an unpopular team win last year.... this show NEEDS (in order to survive) a team to win that the majority of viewers want - that would be the Goats and K&J. Now watch as I get hammered for my view. Before you start screaming at me, I am just passing along my observations and the feedback I have gotten from the majority of people in TAR chat sessions and on the boards. I relaize that there are about 5 or 6 VERY outspoken C&R fans on this board. We all klnow your feelings, please don't yell at me. Thanks.
    100%

  7. #37
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA area
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18
    I'm definitely not bashing anyone for their opinions, but I'm curious as to how someone would think that the "majority" of people are rooting for Kelly & Jon to win, when K&J have consistently had the lowest rankings in CBS's popularity polls.
    They've also consistently ranked low on CBS's "Winner's Circle" prediction page.

    Granted this isn't a fool-proof indication of a team's popularity, but I certainly think K&J would be ranked a lot higher than their current 55%, if they were the team most people were rooting for.

    Up until their elimination, the clear favorite in the popularity poll, was Jon & Al... currently it's Reichen & Chip, followed closely by David & Jeff.
    Kelly & Jon are trailing by a considerable margin.

    Also, I'm not sure how Reichen & Chip have "played dirty." They haven't purposely screwed anyone over, or worked to rattle another team's confidence (like Kelly & Jon do), or broken some alliance. All they've done, is guarded the information they've gained that might give them a lead. Pretty much all the teams have done that at least once... including Jon & Al. And sure, Chip has gotten a little aggressive at times, or a little intense... but, again, pretty much all the teams have done *that* too. Except Jon & Al.


    Brian
    Last edited by PGH_RnC_Fan; 08-18-2003 at 04:54 PM.

  8. #38
    R&C
    R&C is offline
    FORT Regular R&C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    131
    Why should be shocked if "reichen & chip" win ???
    Who's gonna love you when It all falls down, and
    Who's gonna love you when Your bankroll runs out
    Who's gonna care when the novelty's over
    When the star of the Show isn't you anymore
    Nobody cares when the tears of a clown Fall down...
    Nobody cares when the tears of a clown
    Fall down

  9. #39
    Hug me!
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,761
    PGH_RnC_Fan, I don't think these online polls mean anything. For one thing, I didn't even know about the polls until you pointed them out to me.
    Secondly, since there is only one gay team in TAR 4, It is fair to say that most gay votes go to Reichen and Chip and then plus some more from other voters. But I think one thing is true, for most people, when their fav team got voted off (like Jon and Al), they probably stop caring about the show and stop voting while the hard-core Reichen and Chip's fans still vote for them. Of course, this doesn't mean that (Jon and al)'s fans will vote for Kelly and Jon or Reichen and Chip or David and Jeff. I guess what I am saying is that online poll doesn't mean much... plus it is easy for people to cheat and vote multiple times.

    Yes... Reichen and Chip have played very dirty. One distinct memory I have is that they pushed Millie out of the way to get to the horse ride. and I remembered one time, they cut in line at the airport as well. And don't forget that they cheated and "drove" to the pitstop rather than walked.

    P.S. R&C, why should I be shocked if Reichen and Chip win ? Simple. They are just not very sharp and accident prone. I bet you that the car that span out of control has to be Reichen and Chip's. And who run over their partner's foot ?

  10. #40
    FORT Regular erinys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    Secondly, since there is only one gay team in TAR 4, It is fair to say that most gay votes go to Reichen and Chip and then plus some more from other voters.
    That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. So if I were to follow your line of thinking, I'm to presume that when Ruben won AI it was because most overweight African American's in this country voted for him? Oh and "then plus some more from other voters." Utterly ridiculous, not to mention completely insulting.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    But I think one thing is true, for most people, when their fav team got voted off (like Jon and Al), they probably stop caring about the show and stop voting while the hard-core Reichen and Chip's fans still vote for them.
    Yes I agree, when one's fave team gets eliminated, it's likely that said individual quits voting. But seeing that Reichip are still competing, their fans are still voting for them. What's your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    I guess what I am saying is that online poll doesn't mean much... plus it is easy for people to cheat and vote multiple times.
    I'm going out on a limb and betting that said online poll would suddenly "mean much" if Kelly and Jon were the leaders.

    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    Yes... Reichen and Chip have played very dirty. One distinct memory I have is that they pushed Millie out of the way to get to the horse ride.
    I've addressed this question to you before: What would you have Chip do -- step aside for little Millie out of some misdirected sense of chivalry? This isn't "charm school," they're racing for a million bucks. Besides, Millie wasn't the one sporting a cut lip.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    And don't forget that they cheated and "drove" to the pitstop rather than walked.
    Your dislike for Reichen and Chip is palpable. It's also clouding what's left of your brain. By saying the boy's cheated you're implying they violated the rules dishonestly, when, in fact, it was an honest mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    P.S. R&C, why should I be shocked if Reichen and Chip win ? Simple. They are just not very sharp and accident prone. I bet you that the car that span out of control has to be Reichen and Chip's. And who run over their partner's foot ?
    It's quite obvious you suffer from selective memory. I seem to recall a dune buggy accident, even if you do not. Reichen and Chip have consistently finished higher than both Joke and Who. So, in my opinion, your argument that Reichip won't win because they are accident prone is implausible.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.