+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TAR Ratings analysis, all seasons, all episodes

Quote Originally Posted by Luna
    Woah. Great job! You must have slaved over this for hours...

Well, first thank you to you and the others that have enjoyed it.

I really wasn't doing this to be congratulated (although it is nice to receive). I really did it for myself to see how my beloved TAR was really doing. It's so easy to get lost in the unofficial numbers that come out daily. And even with the final official numbers from week to week sometimes it's difficult to remember how so many different summer shows are doing. But then I thought maybe some others would like to see all of this too, so I prettied it up a bit and threw it out there.

I'm not sure what to think about this thread though. While I see it has 500+ "views", it only has a handful of posts, and half of those are probably mine. Hopefully those 500 viewers have gone to my pages and enjoyed them. I know I have a way of overwhelming people with my long posts, and my maze of charts and tables probably has the same affect on people as well.

Getting this all started was an incredible amount of collecting and compiling of lots and lots and lots of numbers.

Unfortunately I did not start until after about week 6 or 7 of TAR4, so I was WAY BEHIND. So, yes, it took what seemed like forever to get caught up. I finally got caught up by around week 9 or 10. That's when I started this thread.

Now though, it's not too bad keeping up. Since I show numbers for shows that are all during the week I have to wait for the entire week to end, then for the final official numbers to come out, then find an hour or two to update all of my charts and tables and modify any of my commentary that I have placed with it.

Unfortunately that means that the numbers for tomorrow's finale won't be on my pages until almost 2 weeks after it has aired. Don't know how much interest there will still be for it by then. I will put it out there though.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Very cool! Thanks for taking the time to share your hard work with us - very informative!

There MUST be another TAR!!!!

FORT Regular
    CGET! wow!

great job my friend! absolutely impressive!
    thanks for sharing this with us, we appreciate it a lot!

CGETAR - Your work is truly a labour of love. Great job!

FORT Fan
    Great job !!
    It lets me have the feeling that the rating of TAR isn't so bad as I originally thought. Of course, we all hope there is a TAR5.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tokimeki
    Great job !!
    It lets me have the feeling that the rating of TAR isn't so bad as I originally thought. Of course, we all hope there is a TAR5.
    Who wouldn't ?

Well, all of my ratings info is now updated through the end of the week of Monday, August 11th, through Sunday, August 17th. Only one more week of numbers to go, and that should be a good one since they will include the finale. I hope to post again here in about another 7 days or so when I have everything all done for that final week.

Click here to go check out my updated TAR Ratings charts and tables

First, regarding the Northeast blackout. Unfortunately, Thursday was the most affected night. But, as it turns out, while only about 85% of the US households had power that night, there were actually MORE than normal watching TV--probably to see what was going on in the NE? Here are the last 4 Thursdays info for 8:00-9:00pm(E)--
    --Thur July 24, 57.5m households watching TV, 23m of those were watching the "big 6 broadcast networks".
    --Thur July 31, 60.6m households watching TV, 24m of those were watching the "big 6".
    --Thur Aug 7, 59.5m households watching TV, 23m of those were watching the "big 6".
    --Thur Aug 14, 59.4m households watching TV, 25m of those were watching the "big 6".

So, while I think the numbers for Thursday are not a 100% clear perfect picture of what people would've been watching sans the blackout, I am using them as is since the total viewing audience was still there watching something.

Here are some highlights from that most recently added week. These are probably much easier to see in the charts on my ratings pages, but here is a summary of the week's numbers so you'll know what to look for in my maze of charts and tables. Enjoy!

* TAR4 won its timeslot for the 5th time in the last 7 weeks.
    * TAR4 MOVED UP 2 SPOTS to the 3rd most watched 8:00-9:00pm(E) block of the entire week (based on Summer averages). It passed both "FOX Tue" and "CBS Mon". Also, note that "NBC Thu" is no longer #1--it was passed by "CBS Wed". And further down the list "CBS Tue" also improved markedly.
    * And, now a few notes about some of the "competition"...
    * The following shows had a relatively good week--"For Love Or Money", "Restaurant", "Big Brother", and especially "Who Wants To Marry My Dad".
    * The following held fairly steady--"TAR4", "Cupid", "Paradise Hotel", and "American Idol Juniors".
    * The following had a relatively bad week--"Banzai", "The Family", "Fear Factor", and especially "Race To The Altar". NOTE--"TAR4" beat "Fear Factor" for the first time in 7 weeks.

ENJOY! And thanks to those who have complimented my work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12