+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Our Interview With Michael & Kathy

Mike,
    Thanks to you and Kathy for a great interview and for keeping us updated. We love to hear what is going on with you and all the details you care to share about the trip and sequesterville. Cannot wait to hear more. Hope all is well with you both.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I love that name. Sequesterville. Someone should write a book.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Mike:

Thanks for stopping by the FORT and giving us your insight. Hearing from former contestants is always cool...

I have a question...In one of your posts, you seemed to indicate that Flo isn't as bad/whiny/pouty/complaining a person in real life as she appears to be on the show. How about Ian? How fairly/unfairly do you think he's been portrayed?

MikeDiesel
    15 minutes and 2 seconds.
    It's all over, booooooo. At least I got an extra 10 seconds of
    camera time at the finish line even if it was of me hugging Teri.
    To answer your question Lobeck, I personally think next to me, Ian is the coolest guy on the show. I didn't like him at first but he definately grew on me. I mean he's a Nam Vet and spent 20 years as a cop. ANd despite the way he comes off, I believe he genuinely loves his wife and family. So I think he was portrayed exactly as who he is, but I think who he is, is just fine.

So if y'all didn't know already, Sequesterville was in Lisbon Portugal and it was a blast. If it wasn't for us getting eleminated, I wouldn't of known the SoccerMoms or Talicia and Tramel. One day we all went golfing, another day bowling, group dinners and the most insane Kareoke night I've ever experienced. Kathy and I and Andrew went to the Zoo one day then we'd go bar hopping with Aaron and Arianne. And Sylvia brought her painting tools so we all spent a lot of time painting together by the pool. I still have my painting I made in Sequesterville.

So despite not winning the big loot, we did have a fantastic time with the other teams exploring Portugal. Portugal was my favorite place on the Race but for all you people looking for places to visit, I put Barcelona on the top of my list of places I've been.

So anyways, I launched the website last night. The movies take a bit longer than I had planned to load, but aside from that it works fine. I have a bunch of pictures up already and soon will add the pictures we took in Sequesterville.

Til later, Michael

Wow, Michael, that's excellent. Glad to hear you were all together. No wonder everyone said their favorite country was Portugal.

I think Teri & Ian did a good job of showing us how they get along in the last couple of episodes, and I think the worm turned on public opinion of them.

Sounds like you had a great time during and after the race Michael.
    Thanks so much for coming here to post with us.
    Please come back and post more details of your website when you can.

Oh and say Hi to Kathy for us too
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    Originally posted by MikeDiesel

And take it easy on Flo y'all. I know she is looking horrible on-camera, but off-camera and off-race, she's an ok kid. I guess she couldn't take the criticism and started posting at one of those other forum's.
    For curiosity's sakes, anybody know which board this was posted on?

Good to have feedback from the participants. I enjoyed reading about your taste in music, which is a good barometer of someone's personality. I would disagree w/ the DJ Premier part but Ahmad Jamal is definitely on point. Miles was a huge Jamal fan......

ok, going off topic, I should save that for somewhere else.

thanks.......
    "Less is more" - Ludwig Mies van der Roe

I think it was Television without Pity. I also think they deleted her original post, but left up the responses.... Not sure about any of that though
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

It was Television Without Pity that she posted on (as I mention in the interview with them), and TWoP has since deleted her post, as Cali said.

Sounds like you guys had a total blast in Portugal. Thanks for the insights, Mike! I checked out your website, and it's pretty cool! I like the "His Story" and "Her Story" sections.

What's the deal with the subliminal cat picture?

Say Hi to Kathy! Happy Holidays, Ya'll!!! :rudolph

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast