+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Article in TV Guide about all-star

FORT Regular
    Eye Candy = Better Ratings

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    [QUOTE=NBCDaytimeFan]Although I'd love to see new people, I would love it even more to see some old faces! An all-star edition would bring back old fans and the best of the best would lure in new viewers.[/QUOTE/]

I know, some of my favorites got eliminated early on and I would have loved to see them go farther. My 12 teams would be:

(AR1)
    Frank/Margarita
    Joe/Bill
    Drew/Kevin

(AR2)
    Deirdre/Hillary
    Shola/Doyin
    Cyndi/Russell
    Blake/Paige
    Tara/Wil

(AR3)
    Gina/Sylvia
    Heather/Eve (let's see if they'd be better at reading directions the next time around)
    John Vito/Jill
    Derek/Drew (we need at least 1 alpha male team competing)

I've already got 12 but here's some more people I'd like to see come back:

(AR4) Amanda/Chris, Steve/Dave, Tian/Jaree, Millie/Chuck, Kelly/Jon (if they don't win), as well as Nancy/Emily (AR1), Mary/Peach and Oswald/Danny (AR2), Aaron/Arianne, Dennis/Andrew and Tramel/Talicia (AR3).
    I agree with what another poster said: just because they didn't make it far doesn't mean they couldn't be interesting. Obviously, the teams that we thought were interesting were those that hung around awhile and we really got to know them. And to heck with the "eye candy", just brin back the fan favorites.

Miss Filangi said:
    Who the hell needs eye candy?

My favourite teams this year were Steve/Dave,
    She's still my girlfriend!

FORT Regular
    man .... i do hope they do an all star edition .. it'll be the bomb, it'll be nice to see our fave teams again!!!

my magic 12:

TIAN and JAREE!!! (they rock!)
    JV and JILL (what a lovely couple!)
    DEREK and DREW (hot! hot!)
    JON and AL (kindest team)
    dave and steve
    ken and gerard
    millie and chuck
    dave and steve
    aaron and arian
    tramel and talicia
    dany and oswald
    the supremes

Long Live the AMAZING RACE!!! HORAY!!!

FORT Fan
    There are several interesting points to be made about a possible All-Star TAR, aside from who would be included.

First off, it's not surprising to see both the producers and CBS deny that any such plans are under way. Networks routinely deny reports only to verify them later. CBS did the same thing with the All-Star Survivor. There were reports as early as two seasons ago that such a version was being planned, but got only lukewarm attention from producer Mark Burnett and denials by CBS. So, a network denial doesn't mean that this isn't in the works.

Second, would CBS go to the expense of producing an All-Star TAR if they didn't have faith in the series (i.e. canceling TAR after the 4TH installment)? That would be like CBS yanking "Survivor" off the air after the All-Star edition ends in May 2004. The fact that this rumor is being circulated, should indicate some level of support for the series at the network level. Also, CBS and producers must be taking the rumors seriously if they are already issuing denials.

My gut feeling all along has been that CBS wouldn't bring back TAR, either for a 5TH go-round or an All-Star edition until midseason (beginning in January 2004) at the earliest. If an All-Star edition is indeed on tap, the network may not want both of its reality series (TAR and "Survivor") in all-star mode at the same time. One scenario could have TAR5, (without all-stars) air during the summer of 2004, followed by the All-Star edition either in fall 2004 or midseason.

Just some thoughts and observations...

FORT Regular
    I started a thread for a serious discussion of an ALl-Star edition in another forum last winter. I cannot imagine not wanting the best available teams from each season participating. I also inderstand even before this season began to air the "fourth place" curse that had struck in every season. (Amazing isn't that?)
    I also know that except for Danny (at this point, who said he did not want an All-Star TAR in his interview with the TARflies) every other Racer who has commented on it wants an all-Star edition. And they want to go against the best available teams.

I personally cannot imagine an All-star TAR without Rob and Brennan. THe only way to prove that any other team is better, is to beat Esquire on the field of play. The subconscious reason why many folkds don't want the winning teams is because of Flo.

The reality is that it is unlikely that in all four season each and every top team will be able to Race, even in the variation I've suggested elsewhere in the past. I've given a lot of thought to what I think would (a) work (b) be even more cometitive and more challenging, fitting for a championship edition, and (c) raise the bar even for teams that have raced before.
    (1) 16 teams, the top four available teams from each season (so it would be likely some 5th or even 6th place teams might make the field)
    (2) no non-elimination legs
    (3) four teams race on the final leg to the finish line
    (4) a mix of locations for the detours, fast forwards and roadblocks -- balanced between locations actually used in the four races and totally new locations and tasks. In other words, say one detour, one roadblock, and one fast forward used in season one, two, three, and four (whether actually done by a team or not by announced on air) in the original countries and locations and the remainder from new locations and countries. Since some countries and states were visited more than once (South Africa, France, Thailand, Italy, Austria, Australia, Alaska, Hawaii) the mixing and matching could work so that fewer than four countries were revisited in an All-Star edition.
    And make them travel - a lot - no two legs in one country - and hit all the continents in a championship Race.

I am convinced that this format would make compelling television and would even leave TAR's fans dizzy.
    >|p >|p

I'm really THAT Dave
    So far, tokimeki and DavidM have demoted themselves to the "Steve & Dave's Hate List"; while NBCDaytimeFan, Miss Filangi, karalott, and acid jazz have firmly solidified their positions on the "Steve & Dave's Love List" (not to mention the "Steve & Dave's Christmas Card List").

Dave

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by theschnauzers
    I also know that except for Danny (at this point, who said he did not want an All-Star TAR in his interview with the TARflies) every other Racer who has commented on it wants an all-Star edition. And they want to go against the best available teams.

I personally cannot imagine an All-star TAR without Rob and Brennan. THe only way to prove that any other team is better, is to beat Esquire on the field of play. The subconscious reason why many folkds don't want the winning teams is because of Flo.
    I don't remember Danny actually saying that he wouldn't do an all star, but the way he made it sound was doubtful (at least there's some people out there who do reality shows for fun and not fame.) I think Drew also said that Frank and Margarita were unsure if they'd do it again. But who's to say they won't change their minds if the opportunity came up?

I can't say I agree with everything you said, but you did have some good ideas. I'm not in favor of bringing back just the top 3 or 4 teams, I say bring back a variety, no matter how they placed (see my earlier posts). And if they bring any winners back, I'd rather see Chris and Alex than Rob and Brennen. Obviously, with the way the world is today, they'd have to backtrack to some previous countries. But some seasons visited one continent(s) while others bypassed it. It would add an edge to the game because some teams would have knowledge of being in that country before. As for the challenges, they already have some similar challenges to previous seasons. Again, that would add a competitive edge to teams that had done it before and know how hard (or easy) it'll be. I don't know if I want to see 16 teams brought back (sounds like too many), but because we pretty much know all the teams, it wouldn't be as bad as if we didn't know them. The only downside I can see to an all star is the fact that the teams know each other, so that takes something out of it.
    As far as Flo goes, I wouldn't mind seeing her again, just so she can try and redeem herself.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-14-2003 at 01:19 AM.

FORT Newbie
    It would be nice to have all stars TAR. Since there are 4 TAR so far, I would like to have 3 teams each from previous TAR. The ones who made to F3 shouldn't be in it. I have only seen Season 3 & 4 so I would like to see :
    Aaron & Arienne, Jon Vitto & Jill, The Soccer Moms
    Tian & Jaree, Jon & Al, Debra & Steve

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATC Dave
    So far, tokimeki and DavidM have demoted themselves to the "Steve & Dave's Hate List"; while NBCDaytimeFan, Miss Filangi, karalott, and acid jazz have firmly solidified their positions on the "Steve & Dave's Love List" (not to mention the "Steve & Dave's Christmas Card List").

Dave
    Hate?????????????????
    I don't hate you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast