+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Article in TV Guide about all-star

FORT Fan
    If it happens, we need some other teams to make the show more exciting. You know, if the show is full of favourite teams, we will feel heartbreak every episode (the first 3 teams in each season are not included except...)

So my 12 teams are
    (evil teams)
    1. Guido team (TAR1)
    2. A&A (TAR3),
    (favourite teams)
    3. Kevin/ Drew (TAR1)
    4. Nancy/ Emily (TAR1)
    5. Osward/ Danny (TAR2)
    6. Derek/ Drew (TAR3)
    7. John Vito/ Jill (TAR3)
    8. Tian/ Jaree (TAR4)
    9. Jon/ Al (TAR4)
    I'd like Jon and Al to take part again but I think Jon may not want to do it again as he needs to miss his family for 1 month again
    Besides the popular but finally lost teams, I have some other choices.
    (Team are expected to do better but ...)
    10. Gary/ Dave (TAR2)
    11. Tramel/ Talicia (TAR3)
    12. Chris/ Amanda (TAR4)

Yah.......Oswald and Danny are great television! Even Ken and Gerard and JV and Jill and JON AND AL!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbird001
    If there's an all-start TAR, I would much rather have teams NOT in the final 3 from previous seasons and this season to be on the show. (Well, I guess 2nd and 3rd place teams who have been popular can take part too, but definitely forget about the 1st place winners).

I think that having fan favorites from the first four seasons can help boost ratings. It'll probably be more of an adrenaline rush to watch a show with all of our favorites in it.
    Well, 3 teams that were my favorites (Frank and Margarita, Tara and Wil, and Blake and Paige,) all finished in the top 3, but I agree that the winner's shouldn't be brought back. They won, and there were a lot more interesting teams than having to bring them back. There are a lot more teams that I liked, that went out early that I think have could to have seen go farther had it not been for bad luck.
    While I'm not really in favor of doing all star editions of reality shows (it's nice seeing new people do it for the first time) I'd make an acception with this show.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    Well, 3 teams that were my favorites (Frank and Margarita, Tara and Wil, and Blake and Paige,) all finished in the top 3, but I agree that the winner's shouldn't be brought back. They won, and there were a lot more interesting teams than having to bring them back. There are a lot more teams that I liked, that went out early that I think have could to have seen go farther had it not been for bad luck.
    While I'm not really in favor of doing all star editions of reality shows (it's nice seeing new people do it for the first time) I'd make an acception with this show.
    I would also say that the winners shouldn't come back, just so I don't have to see Flo again! I was hoping Zach would listen to her, each time she wanted to quit.

Oh man, if they do an All-Star edition, I'd love to see the Air Traffic Controllers make a run again! Steve & Dave were the best part of this season, IMNSHO, and I cried when they were eliminated.

Jasmine Trias & Sam Milby NBCDaytimeFan's Avatar
    Although I'd love to see new people, I would love it even more to see some old faces! An all-star edition would bring back old fans and the best of the best would lure in new viewers.

My 12 teams would be:
    Nancy & Emily (TAR1)
    David & Margaretta (TAR1)
    Kevin & Drew (TAR1)
    Heather & Eve (TAR2)
    Mary & Peach (TAR2)
    Peggy & Claire (TAR2)
    Oswald & Danny (TAR2)
    Ken & Gerard (TAR3)
    Teri & Ian (TAR3)
    John Vito & Jill (TAR3)
    Steve & Dave (TAR4)
    Kelly & Jon (if they don't win TAR4 )

and my alternates would be
    Monica & Sheree (TAR4)
    Tian & Jaree (TAR4)
    Millie & Chuck (TAR4)
    Kevin & Drew (TAR1)
    Michael & Kathy (TAR3)
    Derek & Drew (TAR3)
    Joe & Bill (TAR1)

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    So TAR will be wrapping up after the 5th season ?

Holy crap, I hate THAT!

FORT Regular
    Sorry, but some of your lists seem pretty dull and boring. In an all-star edition, you would want top 3 teams for all 4 seasons. I think a show with a bunch of losing teams that didn't make it that far (Steve/Dave, Chris/Amanda) would be bad for ratings. In fact, the casting directors should just pick the real "eye candy" of the past seasons.

FORT Regular
    Let me just say that just because most teams did not make it to the final three doesn't mean that they are bad. Keep in mind that a major element of the show is luck. I'm very positive that a vast majority of these teams had encountered some very bad luck somewhere along the race, and that they all have the potential of being great racers. (Well, okay, there are teams that we would never expect to make it to the top 3 anyways. But I applaud them for giving out their very best at the race).

I do agree with some of you all that it's good to bring new faces to TAR. Maybe they can cast half of whom have competed before and half of them new. If there are more seasons to come, hopefully they can get as many of our non-winning favorites to compete in at least another race at some point or another.

Who the hell needs eye candy?

My favourite teams this year were Steve/Dave, Steve/Josh, Millie/Chuck and Jon/Al. I'd rather have teams to care about than so-called eye candy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast