+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TAR4 is #17 in Households and #19 in Viewers for the Week

Jasmine Trias & Sam Milby NBCDaytimeFan's Avatar

TAR4 is #17 in Households and #19 in Viewers for the Week

From Zap2it.com, THE AMAZING RACE placed #17 in Households with a 5.7 rating and 11 share with 6,041,000 households and 8,349,000 viewers tuning in.

From The San Francisco Chronicle's SFGate.com, THE AMAZING RACE placed #19 in Total Viewers with 8.3 million viewers tuning in. TAR is #93 for the season.

Why don't more people watch this show?

Answer # 1: They would rather watch repeats of the same sitcoms that they watched during the regular season.

Answer # 2: Most TV viewers don't like watching intelligent & exciting reality programming.

Answer # 3: TV viewers would rather watch a show, where the only way you are eliminated is by another contestant, who doesn't like you or is afraid of you. (Think Amazing Race & The Mole - low viewership vs. Survivor - high viewership)

Answer # 4 : All of the above!

I pick 4.

Chris

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    So that's a bad result ?

Maybe we should consider the population over there...

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    So that's a bad result ?

Maybe we should consider the population over there...
    Well it is #93 for the season. Not good considering it's going against repeats of shows that were among the top rated last season.

My point is, this is a great 'reality' show going up against repeats that many people have already seen. Last week Friends had 8.49 million viewers and TAR4 had 8.35 million. TAR placed 19th overall last week, but of the 18 shows ahead of it, 10 were repeats.

This show, should be in the Top 5, in my opinion. But we all know TV viewers are conditioned to see the same old shows over and over again. It is rare that I watch a show in repeats or in syndication, after I have seen it the first time.

Chris

Some people are really afraid of catching a reality show if they haven't watched a few episodes already. My mother is a perfect example. They seem to feel as if they are missing crucial information and will get lost. Why, I'm not sure as Phil repeats the instructions over and over and the players are identified fairly often.

I guess viewers just want the "drama" of players getting voted out as opposed to coming in last in challenges. It's a true shame as to what they're watching when compared to what they're missing amidst all the "drama."

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll
    Well it is #93 for the season. Not good considering it's going against repeats of shows that were among the top rated last season.

My point is, this is a great 'reality' show going up against repeats that many people have already seen. Last week Friends had 8.49 million viewers and TAR4 had 8.35 million. TAR placed 19th overall last week, but of the 18 shows ahead of it, 10 were repeats.

This show, should be in the Top 5, in my opinion. But we all know TV viewers are conditioned to see the same old shows over and over again. It is rare that I watch a show in repeats or in syndication, after I have seen it the first time.

Chris
    Holy crap! You serious ?

Wanna-be TAR Racer invisible777's Avatar
    People don't know what TAR is. That's the problem. Hell, whenever I saw the name "The Amazing Race" in TV Guide last year I passed it off as some cheesy show--something I'm sure a lot of people do. But, boy, was I wrong.

What CBS needs to do is HYPE the HELL out of TAR. They need to start with the finale. The finale's of TAR are so damn exciting its like a movie in itself. From here, they need to (first produce TAR5) begin advertising TAR5 as much as Survivor. Does TAR get a pointless "reunion show"? Does TAR get a trailer for the next season on the finale like Survivor? Does TAR get friggin 3 1/2 hours of air time for the final episode? CBS friggin open your damn eyes.

I'm going to go cool off.

Quote Originally Posted by invisible777
    People don't know what TAR is. That's the problem. Hell, whenever I saw the name "The Amazing Race" in TV Guide last year I passed it off as some cheesy show--something I'm sure a lot of people do. But, boy, was I wrong.

What CBS needs to do is HYPE the HELL out of TAR. They need to start with the finale. The finale's of TAR are so damn exciting its like a movie in itself. From here, they need to (first produce TAR5) begin advertising TAR5 as much as Survivor. Does TAR get a pointless "reunion show"? Does TAR get a trailer for the next season on the finale like Survivor? Does TAR get friggin 3 1/2 hours of air time for the final episode? CBS friggin open your damn eyes.

I'm going to go cool off.
    Yeah, but it's all about the ratings. Survivor has been a smash since day 1. I guess the viewing audience likes to see half naked people, getting down and dirty with each other. For the record I have never watched Survivor, because I don't like the idea of voting off someone else, just because you don't like them.

Sure Last Comic Standing was kind of like that, but the person had a chance to redeem themselves in front of a live club audience, unless you're Dave Mordal and your stuck with the stupidest audience ever assembled to watch a standup, or so they say!

Chris

+ Reply to Thread