+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: J&J TAR4 Journal: Sorry mate...tragedy down under!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

J&J TAR4 Journal: Sorry mate...tragedy down under!

Hello friends and fans ~

Well…the last leg was just bad in more ways than one. As everyone knows, the beloved Clown team was eliminated in this leg of the race. And things didn't fare very well for our virtual team either.

We started out leaving the Pitstop at Gyeongbokgung Palace in Seoul, South Korea, in second place very early in the morning. We found a cab driver (luckily he spoke English), and made our way to Hangag Park to fly the traditional Korean kites. Because we had a great cab driver, we were able to get to the park in first place and find the clue in the kite very quickly.

We were elated that we'd be traveling next to Brisbane, Australia! Off to the airport we went. At the airport we decided on the Singapore Air option and headed off to the Starbucks to get something to drink before our flight.

After some time, all of the teams (minus Jon & Al) were in the waiting area. We had no idea where they were, so Jack and I decided to walk around to look for them. Besides, sticking around in the gate area with John and Kelly was not really something either of us wanted to do. We didn't find the clowns, and shrugged our shoulders thinking maybe they found something that we didn't know about.

"That's really odd, don't you think?" I asked Jack. "I wouldn't think that all of us would miss out on an earlier flight."

"Yeah, it does seem suspicious. But at least it's them that found the earlier one and not Jon & Kelly."

Little did we know, that poor Jon & Al were stranded at the airport, unable to board the plane in the final minute prior to take-off.

Upon landing in Brisbane, we quickly got off the plane and made the decision to take a taxi to the hotel and our next clue. Boy, what a mistake! The traffic was miserable and we were delayed getting there. Both ReiChip and JoKe beat us to the hotel and to the penthouse where the Detour would take place. By the time we arrived, both of them had already completed the Detour and we saw them leave for the next clue. We assumed that David & Jeff had gone for the fast forward, and had no idea where Jon & Al were, but assumed that they had arrived prior to the other 2 teams.

"Um, Jack... We don't have a lot of options here. Do you think you can do this?"

"You know how I feel about heights. But you're right, what other choice do we have at this point?"

"You'll be fine, Jack. Just look at the ropes, your feet and your hands on the rope. But don't look down directly at the ground. That will throw your balance off and you might panic."

"You mean more than I am about to right now?" Jack laughed nervously, but I knew he could do it.

I decided to go first, and proceeded to put on the safety gear and that sexy looking helmet. The initial leap of faith going off the side of the ledge was really very hard to do. Once horizontal, though, things seemed to go much smoother. (I could go there, but I won't... )

I was about 1/3 of the way down the side of the building and yelled up to Jack.

"It's not so bad! Things could definitely be worse. It's not like we have to wear peanut butter bikinis or anything cheesy like that."

I heard Jack laughing at the top of the building, and hoped that picking on the lame reality shows was making him feel more relaxed. We still don't know exactly what happened, but at that moment, I felt a little "give" and dropped in a freefall about 8 feet. As the rope grabbed, I slammed into the side of the building, fear numbing any pain.

The next few minutes were hectic, people shouting, someone rappelled down next to me and helped me lower until reaching the ground where Jack had gone to wait. All I do know is that it wasn’t SEAL team 1 that was sent to my rescue.  Fortunately there was a doctor they had on site for this Detour and he quickly diagnosed that I had broken my left leg and broken my collarbone. We were out of the race!

As the doctor tended to me, Jack noticed Jon & Al had arrived and were at the top of the building. When Jon reached the ground, Jack immediately ran over to tell him what had happened. He told them we thought we were the last team, and that ReiChip and JoKe had left just a few moments before we started the Detour, so they should hurry as we guessed David & Jeff had gone for the fast forward. Al was a real trooper and ran down the side of that building like an expert!

Both of them told us how sorry they were to see us out of the race, but we yelled at them to scoot or they would be joining us too soon! With that they were off to the Underwater World in Mooloolaba

We met up with some of the production folks, who told us they would be making our arrangements to Sequesterville after I had all the medical treatments taken care of. Hey, at least we get to get on the plane now when they do the "special boarding needs" call.

Later on we learned some of the things that happened in the final part of that leg. We weren’t at all surprised to learn how well Jon (of team JoKe) did at the underwater challenge. “Hey, he’s among his own in that shark tank. I’m not surprised he did well.” But we were truly saddened to hear that Jon & Al were the team eliminated. Looking at it from the positive side, at least we'll get to spend time with them in Sequesterville!

Stay tuned after the finale where Jack will share some of our tales from Sequesterville and our view from the finish line as the final 3 teams compete to win The Amazing Race!

To contact the author of this article (BravoFan, aka Jenn), please send an e-mail to BravoFan@fansofrealitytv.com

The Amazing Race Virtual Journal is for entertainment purposes only and is not an account of actual events.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I am still rooting for Jack and Jenn!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Great journal, like always! Feel better, Jenn.

Dex
    Aww... no way you guys are out!

I was hoping to see you guys in the final 3!

wow...what an entry!!

I was laughing at the peanut butter bikini's, then freaked out when you fell

I really didn't expect that
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    Hello friends and fans ~
    Later on we learned some of the things that happened in the final part of that leg. We weren’t at all surprised to learn how well Jon (of team JoKe) did at the underwater challenge. “Hey, he’s among his own in that shark tank. I’m not surprised he did well.” But we were truly saddened to hear that Jon & Al were the team eliminated. Looking at it from the positive side, at least we'll get to spend time with them in Sequesterville! ...
    Great job, BravoFan
    I will also miss the clowns. They must have been fun to hang around with whenever you got the chance.

Jon and sharks, mmm, the DNA must be the same.

I look forward to your next journal entry!!!!

BravoFan! That was a creative exit!

great job, BravoFan! Sorry to hear that you fell...

Leo
    Premium Member
    Ouch, ouch, that has got to hurt. That was... shocking!

Great entry, as always

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    OOOOOOOOOH!!! What a horrible way to be booted off the race!

Get better though, Jenn!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast