+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why can't Kelly and Jon use thier fast forward?

Why can't Kelly and Jon use thier fast forward?

I noticed that David or Jeff told us............that Anybody can't use thier FF after the 11th episode?
    I was wondering can Kelly and JOn still use thier fast forward?!
    If yes......They can win!!!!!

I hope they still can!

______________________________ ____
    GO KELLY AND JON!!!
    ______________________________ ____

There are no Fast Forwards when it's down to the last 3 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    There are no Fast Forwards when it's down to the last 3 teams.
    So they have no chance of using any fast forward now...

Nope.

They only had one attempt at it as I recall, Chip and Reichen beat them to it.
    They have lost the chance to use it now.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    And all the teams know that up front, so if you don't use it, you lose it. (I think the clowns lost theirs too)
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Nope.

They only had one attempt at it as I recall, Chip and Reichen beat them to it.
    They have lost the chance to use it now.
    It is true, if you attempted it and didn't succeeded.. then they lost it. But that is not the case with Kelly and Jon. When they got to the fast forward location, someone else already did the fast farward. And who was the team that did the fast forward ? Legendary idoits (Reichen and Chip), They were in 1st but what did they do ? they drove the fast forward location instead. Stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    And who was the team that did the fast forward ? Legendary idoits (Reichen and Chip), They were in 1st but what did they do ? they drove the fast forward location instead. Stupid!
    Guiding by the Good Spirits of Borneo and of the Apes to save the poor orangutans from Kelly and Jon...

If anything, it seems Reichen's prayers has paid off - mysterious fog came down on Seoul to save them from their mistake and philiminated the Clowns into smoke. I say that's divine intervention!
    Phil

It's not too bad of a strategy to go for a fast forward when you're in the first few places. It happened quite a bit in previous TAR seasons too. The reason for that is that you're practically positive you'll get there first, and won't waste your time going back onto the course if it's already taken. When the race is winding down (meaning less and less upcoming chances at a FF), and you know how to get to the FF location, and you're first or second (thus you're pretty much sure you'll be the first there), then it's not a bad idea to go for it.

Maybe I read some of the posts wrong, but it sounds like some may be confused.

The fact that K&J went for the FF a few episodes ago and were beaten to it has NOTHING to do with why they now cannot use it.

K&J could still have gone for it again after they lost it, but they chose not to.

It is highly speculated by everyone and basically taken as the rule (until someone contradicts it, anyway) that no FF are available once there are only 3 teams left. That is why K&J now cannot use it.

There has been at least one team in the past go for FF in multiple legs of the race. The one that I remember was Mary & Peach in TAR2. They were beaten to it twice.

Theoretically a team could go for it every leg and get beaten to it every time. I doubt that strategy would last long though, because each time they were unsuccessful they'd have to go back to the normal tasks.

CantGetEnufTAR,

I think you could interpret some of the previous posts as saying that once you go for a FF and get beaten to it, you don't have a chance to go for it anymore (which is of course wrong). However, looking back on all the posts, none of them explicitly say that.

For example Fluff did say that they had only one attempt at it so far, and immediately follow that up by saying that "They have lost the chance to use it now." However, that latter point might be reffering to the fact they are in the final episodes now, not to the fact that they went for it and failed.

Same for ruben_of_205. Though ruben_of_205 does say that "It is true, if you attempted it and didn't succeeded.. then they lost it." (which might be interpreted as saying that once you try to go for the fast forward and are beaten to it, you get no more chances), it is immediately followed by "But that is not the case with Kelly and Jon". Thus, we can assume ruben_of_205 meant that you lost your chance for any other fast forwards only if you got to it first, and then failed the task necessary to complete it.

So in conclusion, I think everyone here understands the FF rules concerning getting beaten to a FF and having the chance to go for one again. The only speculation as you said is that we're not 100% sure that there can be no fast forwards during the final 2 legs. (Well I'm almost positive there can't be a FF for the very final leg - it would make that fast forward far too important)

However, John does seem pretty sure of himself concerning the last 3 teams. John, have you seen explicit rules stating that there are none during these last 2 legs? I must admit that I never saw the final teams in previous TAR seasons refer to one, but that can be due to the fact that 1. Most if not all of them had already used their FF and 2. If no team wanted to go for it for whatever reason, the fast forward notice could have simply been edited out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast