+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why can't Kelly and Jon use thier fast forward?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    It is true, if you attempted it and didn't succeeded.. then they lost it. But that is not the case with Kelly and Jon. When they got to the fast forward location, someone else already did the fast farward. And who was the team that did the fast forward ? Legendary idoits (Reichen and Chip), They were in 1st but what did they do ? they drove the fast forward location instead. Stupid!
    Okay, seriously, Is it some kind of bias you have against them (R&C)? I've been reading your posts and all I see is negativity. I'm fine with people expressing their feeling but maybe that's a bit too much, too often. I'm not offending you, but trying to keep it down a bit would be appreciated.

I don't have any insider knowledge making it 100% certain that there is no fast forward any more, but I do believe that Phil said, on this last leg, that Dave & Jeff had decided to go for the final Fast Forward.

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    ...And TAR doesn't need any Fox-type switches, surprises or twists. Those are desperation tactics used by reality shows that don't have enough merit stand alone.
    I could think of a show like that now. :mad:

This is the first season of TAR I watched. Why wouldn't someone use their fastforward, especially since it has an "expiration date"? Do teams get caught up in the struggle to complete tasks, loose track off time, etc.? I didn't think they all used their FF, or did they?

... And who was the team that did the fast forward ? Legendary idoits (Reichen and Chip), They were in 1st but what did they do ? they drove the fast forward location instead. Stupid!
    Yes, they were "stupid" enough to also win their one and only cruise! People make mistakes under pressure. They weren't the first and they won't be the last. They are still in the final three and that's what counts at this point. Too bad for J&A. Go R&C!!!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    Yeah, maybe throw in a couple of 24 hour in-the-bedroom pit stop cameras, make them drink cow's blood, or even throw a singing contest in there once in a while.

Dr. Z in da house!

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    The fact that contestants aren't allowed to use the FF in the final 3 is not stiff, it's the fact that it would suck to have a FF determine the winner of an incredibly long race around the world.

And they are not told when NEL rounds are...we know about this one because it's the last one.

And TAR doesn't need any Fox-type switches, surprises or twists. Those are desperation tactics used by reality shows that don't have enough merit stand alone.

I disagree... So how exactly is it fair that for some teams to use their fast forward so they can "escape" elimination in the earlier round than to say a team that never need to use fast forward and still make it to final 3 ? And how exactly is fair to have NEL rounds ?? If you want to be "completely" fair then take away fast forwards and NEL rounds completely!

P.S. invisible, Yes.. I am biased against R&C. I feel that THEY DON"T DESERVE TO make it to final 3.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    No one stopped Kelly and Jon from using their fast forward earlier. Their loss.

The ONLY way it would be unfair is if they suddenly got to this leg and were THEN told they couldn't use it.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fogey
    I disagree... So how exactly is it fair that for some teams to use their fast forward so they can "escape" elimination in the earlier round than to say a team that never need to use fast forward and still make it to final 3 ? And how exactly is fair to have NEL rounds ?? If you want to be "completely" fair then take away fast forwards and NEL rounds completely!
    It's fair because those are the rules of the race as set out for all competitors. Everyone has equal opportunities to use fast forwards. Everyone has equal opportunities to be saved by non-elimination rounds.

Since the first leg of TAR1, luck has always played as much of a role in the race as the competitors' own abilities.

Best defenceman ever canadian_d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin
    Since the first leg of TAR1, luck has always played as much of a role in the race as the competitors' own abilities.
    Exactement!

Thanks!
    BUt I still Belive that even though without a fast forward those two can win! Anyone too!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast