+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why can't Kelly and Jon use thier fast forward?

Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    It is true, if you attempted it and didn't succeeded.. then they lost it. But that is not the case with Kelly and Jon. When they got to the fast forward location, someone else already did the fast farward. And who was the team that did the fast forward ? Legendary idoits (Reichen and Chip), They were in 1st but what did they do ? they drove the fast forward location instead. Stupid!
    I didn't mean that as they had gone for it and didn't get it they couldn't go for it again.
    You can go for it every week until you get it if you so wish.
    I meant that they had made one attemot for it and didn't get it, but now can't try for it as you can't go for the Fast Forward at the final three stage.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hug me!
    I just don't think this is fair for Kelly and Jon. They should get some kind of reward(a trip, may be) for not using their fast farward.

Yeah, I kinda thought I might be mis-reading (or reading too much into) the other posts. But, I decided to clarify with my understanding of FF, as a "just in case anyone was confused" post.

Don't really think K&J should get anything just because they never used their FF. I think in TAR4 more than the previous races the FF has had far less of an impact. It seems like every leg was far more bunched than ever before and the FF rarely gave a lead that amounted to several hours, it seemed more like several minutes to a few hours. So, I think not having used it is somewhat impressive, but not all that "newsworthy".

I think it is completely fair that Kelly and John get nothing for not using their FF. Keep in mind every single team started equally from Dodger Stadium. They all had equal chance of using every fast forwards available on their course. Maybe Kelly and John could have used theirs much earlier, but opted to wait (and thus gamble) for a later time when it might be more useful. Their gamble didn't pay off. It's not like the ouragoutans was the only FF available to them.

In fact I'm sure a couple teams used the fast forward knowing they wouldn't get more than a few minutes lead on others,but used it anyways thinking "hey we've got to use it anyways, if we don't, it's just a waste". Don't you think their decision might have been different if they had known the FF was still valuable if left unused?
    Last edited by Zaius; 08-11-2003 at 06:10 PM.

It seems to me that the FF is more of a "save your ass from coming in to the pitstop last" than it is a "get a huge, hopefully sustainable lead" type of task/detour/whatever you want to call it. Always has been because of bunching.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I just don't think this is fair for Kelly and Jon. They should get some kind of reward(a trip, may be) for not using their fast farward.
    Ummm, I don't think so.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Everyone knows the rules ahead of time. You use it or lose it before a certain leg.

Sad irony is that if they would have gone for the FF in this last round they would have had more of a chance of being eliminated.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Hug me!
    see.. that's why I don't like TAR. It is so predictable and stiff. The contestants already know when the non-elimination rounds are and about the fast forward. The productor should switch it around.. throw in a few surprises and make the show more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    Everyone knows the rules ahead of time. You use it or lose it before a certain leg.

Sad irony is that if they would have gone for the FF in this last round they would have had more of a chance of being eliminated.

Yeah, maybe throw in a couple of 24 hour in-the-bedroom pit stop cameras, make them drink cow's blood, or even throw a singing contest in there once in a while.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    see.. that's why I don't like TAR. It is so predictable and stiff. The contestants already know when the non-elimination rounds are and about the fast forward. The productor should switch it around.. throw in a few surprises and make the show more interesting.
    The fact that contestants aren't allowed to use the FF in the final 3 is not stiff, it's the fact that it would suck to have a FF determine the winner of an incredibly long race around the world.

And they are not told when NEL rounds are...we know about this one because it's the last one.

And TAR doesn't need any Fox-type switches, surprises or twists. Those are desperation tactics used by reality shows that don't have enough merit stand alone.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast