+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Reichen & Chip VS Kelly & Jon

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    Please tell me you're kidding.

Kelly & Jon may be entertaining, but good PR? Just like the CLOWNS? Please. All Kelly & Jon have done was put down their fellow contestants and each other.
    So what they put down other contestants ? This is a game... Kelly and Jon were just trying to psych their opponents out. (Unlike Reichen and Chip, they actually put down innocent cab driver :rolleyes )As far as putting down each other.. hey.. it works for them.. ain't it ? They are in the final 3.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    So would you be rooting for your gay friends? Or would you be hoping that the straight people would beat them?

R&C are the only team not to have arrived last. If it weren't for the NELs, K&J and D&J would be toast. I'm not getting the logic, by some, that they haven't earned it.

I like them. Chip's freakout of last week was nothing compared to Kelly and Jon's tantrums. Neither of them has told the other to F-Off.

I like David & Jeff and I like Reichen & Chip. They are generally strong players and fair competitors.

I'd love to see Kelly & Jon screw up huge.

Considering there my friends, I'd be rooting for them, straight or gay.
    People are tired of hearing about how teams don't deserve to win because of financial status? I'm tired of hearing about Kelly and Jon's picking on the other teams. Did it ever occur to anybody that maybe something went on behind the scenes between those 2 and Millie that we didn't see?
    Reichen and Chip haven't exactly been angels towards other teams (everyone says name calling is childish, but that holding the door so another team can't get in front of you isn't? And don't say it's because it's a race.)

Kelly and Jon boiled over when they told each other to f-off. They were in last and knew it (and at least they didnt give up.) I don't think they've treated each other that badly. And who's to say Reichip don't treat each other that way on occasion? And how many teams, especially those in relationships, have had spats in the past (remember Karyn and poor Lenny?)
    Why do you say that the goats and Reichip have played fair and strong, but that Kelly and Jon haven't? I don't think they've done anything that's been unfair, they've been a strong team throughout the race, and they haven't screwed up huge yet, so I doubt it's going to happen. Reichip and the goats have both made a lot of mistakes that could have cost them, but they've gotten by on luck. Whoever wins, deserves it, and I'm not going to be disappointed, but I am rooting for Jon and Kelly.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-11-2003 at 06:28 PM.

I was just pointing out that your reasoning for wanting K&J to win over R&C was a little weak. What does sexual orientation have to do with anything? Why should it be a factor AT ALL? Puhlease don't twist my words.

First off, I'd thank everyone for not putting words into my mouth. When I say I don't LIKE K&J it's not saying that I don't think they are unworthy of being there. Everyone has had some luck and everyone has had to work hard to get there.

Kelly and Jon were just trying to psych their opponents out. (Unlike Reichen and Chip, they actually put down innocent cab driver
    He's hardly innocent... he got them lost. I'd be frustrated if that happened in my hometown, but I'm not excusing Chip's behaviour - Reichen didn't say anything offensive to the taxi driver that I saw. Besides, Kelly and Jon especially have had their share of snits with locals. (I will admit Kelly is awfully good at thanking everyone though)

Kelly and Jon are not without their questionable moments. Jon walked up to the ticket counter and asked for exactly what R&C bought. Lucky break. But it's pretty tough to turn around and say, "Oh, Reichen & Chip don't deserve it". WHY? If every leg so far had been an elimination leg, R&C would have won.

They've been incredibly rude to other people as well as each other. I personally don't like them.

The thought that K&J would be great TAR ambassadors and comparing them to the Clowns makes me laugh, I'm sorry. Kelly and Jon aren't even in the same league.

I'm sick of Chip. He's really gotten on my bad side over the past few weeks. Reichen is not nearly as annoying as Chip.

Go team JoKe.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    I'm sick of Chip. He's really gotten on my bad side over the past few weeks. Reichen is not nearly as annoying as Chip.

Go team JoKe.
    I know how you feel, holly71. I know exactly how you feel.

And Miss Filangi, no, the cab driver was perfectly innocent. If Reichen and Chip didn't want to get on a non-english speaking cab, THEY shouldn't! But no, they had to get on the first available cab so they could beat Kelly and Jon. The only person they can blame is themselves!!!!!

"The French are idiots!" Remember who said that? On top of it, it was after two friendly looking locals trying their best to help that team-that-shall-remain-anonymous.

'Innocnent cab driver', lol, you are going to be put on spin next time you travel in Asia with your 'innocen't attitude.
    Phil

If we're back onto the R&C cab thing, I just wanna say that you people can't exactly classify Chip as an "Ugly American" by one expirience. I'm sure if this wasn't a huge race for 1million dollars Chip wouldn't be so angry at an "innocent" cab driver. Maybe you can judge him after you spend time with him 24/7. If you havn't, please shut up about the "Ugly American" spiel.
    "A man usually falls in love with a woman, but not always so be careful."

"It is better to deserve without receiving, than to get hit in the head with a baseball bat."

"Let your heart soar as high as it will go --- but when you're done you better put it back in real quick or you'll die. Can't live without a heart, man, wise up."

"Nothing endures but change --- especially dimes and pennies, they endure like mad men."

"The key to success is in my pocket. Go ahead, try and take it."

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    I hope they don't. That'll be a worse ending for me than when Flo won. Especially when it comes down to the rivalry, I'd love to see the "straight" people do something better than the "gay" people (and before you all harp on me, I have several friends, guys and girls, who are gay and have no problem with it. We have a similar relationship like we saw last week where they make fun of me for not doing something as good as they do, and I do the same to them.) ....
    Please tell me there is another meaning in the above. What if they were bisexual, then what? Just MO, I hope there is no passive-aggressive meaning in it. Maybe it was a joke.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    I know how you feel, holly71. I know exactly how you feel.

And Miss Filangi, no, the cab driver was perfectly innocent. If Reichen and Chip didn't want to get on a non-english speaking cab, THEY shouldn't! But no, they had to get on the first available cab so they could beat Kelly and Jon. The only person they can blame is themselves!!!!!
    That, and the fact that they didn't read the clue right and drove to the PS to beat Jon and Kelly there...they may have been only a few minutes behind them if they had walked, but now because of the penalty, they are going to be an hour and five minutes behind.

Also, to Miss Filangi-I wasn't trying to twist your words around, and the reasons I don't like Reichen and Chip have nothing to do with the fact that there gay, nor does it make them any less deserving to win. If they win, they win, and they deserve it. I was just making a joke at the rivalry between the 2 teams. All of the teams left have made mistakes at one point or another during this race, and they've all had their faults, so it's not like Kelly and Jon are perfect. I could pass Chip's attitude off as being race related, but that was just ignorant. He's probably lucky they cab driver didn't understand english.

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    This is not the make-a-wish foundation. Their occupations or financial status is not a criteria to be on the show, nor does it make someone more/less deserving to win a competition.
    This keeps making me laugh. Finances was an issue for some FORT members with M&S (the NFL wives). If it were an issue, TAR should decide on it. I don't know of anyone's family background. For all we know, someone's relative could have invented plastic and they are filthy rich. Who knows, who cares. They all put in a great race, the ones I like and don't like so much, did a great job of keeping it interesting and the tension was high. For the most part, the teams pushed each other and the other teams. They dealt with decision making, tension, coping, etc. differently. It made this season very enjoyable for me to watch.

+ Reply to Thread