+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Finale confusion

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Art
    I'm pretty sure that all three previous TARs have had 2 hour finales. I wouldn't be freaking out this year if they weren't.

TAR 1 & 2 only had a total of 11 teams competing.
    TAR 3 & 4 upped their teams to a total of 12 teams competing.

Yes, TAR 2 & 3 had special 2 hour episodes. If my mind serves me correctly, both seasons 2 & 3 had a 2-hour double episode, along with a 2-hour finale. Does anyone remember if TAR 1 had 2 or 3 non-elimination legs??
    TAR 2 & 3 were also only 11 episodes (weeks) long, TAR 4 is 13 episodes (weeks) long because of no 2-hour/double episodes.
    Check for yourself; TAR1 had 13 episodes, despite having 11 teams.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing...rd/index.shtml

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by lalol
    This isn't very good... I really wanted a final 2 hour episode
    CBS most likely feels they would get better Thursday night ratings with the combination of TAR (8 pm), CSI (9 pm), Without A Trace (10 pm). Both CSI and WAT get higher ratings than TAR, so sacrificing either CSI or WAT for the second TAR hour would not be an attractive option for CBS.

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    one more week of TAR4, thats very good, I for one need 2 more weeks chip and reichen
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin
    CBS most likely feels they would get better Thursday night ratings with the combination of TAR (8 pm), CSI (9 pm), Without A Trace (10 pm). Both CSI and WAT get higher ratings than TAR, so sacrificing either CSI or WAT for the second TAR hour would not be an attractive option for CBS.
    Though I want a 2-hours finale, I think the idea of splitting it is nice.

My thought is that:
    If CBS makes a 2 hour finale and do some promotion, people who never see Amazing race may see it but find out that the first hour is boring (because of NEL). As a result, they may not want to watch the rest. It affects the rating. For people who regular see amazing race, maybe they will just watch the last hour only and change channels during the first hour.

However, if CBS breaks the finale into 2 hours and do more promotion on the last hour, people will feel the finale is exciting (hope so) and then the rating maybe higher. Of course it sacrifices the 2nd last episode.

Just a guess why CBS changes the usual way of broadcasting TAR finale.

FORT Newbie
    For indian viewers,the AR catch up and finale is on aug 15th .Aug 15th is our independence day.AXN is advertising the episode as an independence day special for indian viewers.Usually the program airs on friday night.But on aug 15th it starts at 9.30 in the morning.So it's likely to be a 2 hr episode.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I'm just happy I finally know what they are planning on doing. It's been frustrating trying to figure that out.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Newbie
    Maybe the final episode on August 21 is 2 hours long...?

FORT Regular
    It's not. It's one hour according to the preview information.
    >|p >|p

the CBS site somehow tried to shove in an extra episode in the website lol

Umm... this is a question for the people who watch this show from AXN but I'm not sure why it is already down to the final 3 teams.. they still have the SMS contest of 'Who will be eliminated next?' just think its a bit stupid

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast