+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: If I Call Phil, Can I Get Them Voted Back On? Episode 11 recap

FORT Fan
    Great recap! It seems like Team Boring (David and jeff) will become the latest dissapointing winner of AR. I have to say, I have been impressed with how well Carrottop has been doing these last few weeks.

The Clowns are out... my faves, too... Not crazy about any of the remaining three teams... tho, watching Kelly walk down that wall with her bad hand was something to behold... that *had* to hurt... Chip & Reichen, whew, gotta be some of the most spoiled guys whining....

Funny that you didn't mention Jon's bigotted comment "cheering" Kelly that she should not let herself get beat by a gay man (Reichen). Which very much offended me -- and clearly offended the much bleeped Chip. However, I forgot til I read your recap that Chip may have egged Jon on by his taunts to him that he had to learn from a gay man what to do on that wall.

Also, while I did find Chip to be particularly obnoxious with the cab driver and generally just overly intense, I thought Reichen shouldn't be blamed for Chip's bad behavior. At first, I couldn't separate the two of them, but now I can and Reichen at least appeared to be trying to chill Chip out a bit.

I was so sad to see Jon and Al gone -- and of course it had absolutely nothing to do with anything but bad luck that their flight got delayed but the others did not. They were an awesome team with a great attitude and entertaining to boot.

David and Jeff are a good team, who make some dumb mistakes (though not nearly as many as Reichen and Chip), and seem likable enough. They are a little plain vanilla, but that is better than being obnoxious. I prefer R&C to win, but couldn't be upset if D&J pull it out.

[QUOTE=kyrjar]Funny that you didn't mention Jon's bigotted comment "cheering" Kelly that she should not let herself get beat by a gay man (Reichen). Which very much offended me -- and clearly offended the much bleeped Chip. However, I forgot til I read your recap that Chip may have egged Jon on by his taunts to him that he had to learn from a gay man what to do on that wall.
    -----------
    Yes, completely agree... Jon's remark was beneath contempt... Most of the time I find him disgusting... Kelly is annoying a lot of the time... Reichen and Chip are just spoiled (classic American hubris not only to expect a cab driver in another country to speak English but to want to punish him because he doesn't... )

Where are the two football wives... They were totally cool!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by kyrjar
    Funny that you didn't mention Jon's bigotted comment "cheering" Kelly that she should not let herself get beat by a gay man (Reichen). Which very much offended me -- and clearly offended the much bleeped Chip. However, I forgot til I read your recap that Chip may have egged Jon on by his taunts to him that he had to learn from a gay man what to do on that wall.
    I actually found Jon's comment funny as gay men are generally not thought of as athletes, so we are going to forgive Jon for his statement. Grow up.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Great recap Cali - I always look forward to your hilarity.

The one thing nobody mentioned is that R&C can yell all they want at the Korean driver that they're not paying him. If he doesn't speak English, he can't understand you Duh. (unless the driver was playing dumb, which would make me laugh even more!) It's like talking louder to a deaf person. They still can't hear you.

Sad about Jon and Al, but they seemed to enjoy every moment - good for them!

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    The one thing nobody mentioned is that R&C can yell all they want at the Korean driver that they're not paying him. If he doesn't speak English, he can't understand you. Duh. (unless the driver was playing dumb, which would make me laugh even more!) It's like talking louder to a deaf person. They still can't hear you.
    I'm sorry, but your comment really bugs me.

The driver merely speaks another language -- he is not stupid. You don't have to speak English to know when somebody is being very rude to you. Chip's raging was communicated by his facial expressions, body language and tone and volume of his speech. I really can't excuse it, but I know other otherwise good people who make this type of English superiority mistake. This was a bad episode for the chipster, yet I thought it kinda sweet how Reichen was trying to calm him down.

And, I bet a deaf person would be able to similarly tell if someone was yelling at them rather than talking to them.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kyrjar
    I'm sorry, but your comment really bugs me.

The driver merely speaks another language -- he is not stupid. You don't have to speak English to know when somebody is being very rude to you. Chip's raging was communicated by his facial expressions, body language and tone and volume of his speech. I really can't excuse it, but I know other otherwise good people who make this type of English superiority mistake. This was a bad episode for the chipster, yet I thought it kinda sweet how Reichen was trying to calm him down.

And, I bet a deaf person would be able to similarly tell if someone was yelling at them rather than talking to them.
    No offense meant - I know when someone's being rude to me when I can't hear them (a la those people who are making faces at you when you drive, even though you can't hear a word they're saying).

My point wasn't about the fact they were rude, which they were, but the fact even if they made NO facial expressions toward the driver, he wouldn't understand them saying "I'm not paying you". He can't speak English! (and I assume he doesn't understand it either). He can scream it, but the driver still wouldn't understand it. I certainly didn't call the driver stupid. In fact, quite the opposite. If I had people screaming at me in another language (which English is, to a Korean speaking person), I would have stopped the cab and kicked them out. I don't care if they paid me.

Noooooooooooo.....
    I go on vacation and the clowns get elminatated??? I hate this. Why oh why couldn't this be a non elmination round???????? I have no one to root for now. This is so sad. Great recap but I'm just so darn upset now. (give me a half hour and I'll get over it)
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    I absolutely agree. In some shows, voting is essential, but the Amazing Race is so refreshingly different!

If there was a show that proved Darwin's theories true, The Amazing Race is it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234