+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What about those FAST FORWARDS?!

FORT Regular

What about those FAST FORWARDS?!

Right now with 4 teams left,there are 3 who have not used their 'Fast Forward' leaving only - Reichen & Chip. I think this is the 1st time we have so many teams not yet use their Fast Forward towards nearing the last leg.

Right now,we have no idea whether the next show(7 August) is going to be an elimination round...but it looks like it(or maybe not!,hehehe). So we can say that one of the 3 teams WILL get the 'Fast Forward' next episode...leaving 2 teams.

One thing that got me wondering(and worrying over my favourite Reichen/Chip),is that in the last leg - the Last Trip to the Finish Line - can a team use the 'Fast Forward'?

Can they??? If they can,this means,one team will get the 'Fast Forward' & have a good lead and win the race. It could be either Kelly/Jon,David/Jeff or Al/Jon. Whatcha guys think?

I don't know for sure, but I think this next episode will be the last one to offer a FF.

Anyone know about that for sure?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    I don't know for sure, but I think this next episode will be the last one to offer a FF.

Anyone know about that for sure?
    I also found this 'rule' in the glossary from the 1st Season website:

Each leg(EVERY??) has one FAST FORWARD, which allows the Team who wins it to proceed directly to the next PIT STOP without having to do any further tasks, including DETOURs or ROAD BLOCKs, on the way. The trick is that only the first Team to find the FAST FORWARD on the leg may use it; any subsequent Team who finds it will have wasted their time and must go back and complete all tasks. In addition, a Team may claim only one FAST FORWARD during the ENTIRE race.

So how? Will my favourite(probably yours too) - Reichen & Chip - win this? I think i can begin to contemplate the idea of them not winning or getting 2nd or 3rd or not even Top 3. sigh...

FORT Regular
    I can also conclude that one of the 3 teams that has not used their fast forwards have the higher chance of winning.

Maybe starting from now,we can keep this in mind. We can also somehow predict who will win in the end.

Do you think they should change the rule to - NO FAST FORWARDS FOR THE LAST LEG???? I just visited the past seasons websites and all said the same thing - "...Each leg has one FAST FORWARD...".

Does this mean Reichen/Chip don't win??? sigh...

FORT Newbie
    If I am not mistaken, I thought the next two points are FF-usable. One is an elimination and one isn't. Yes, it will be very interesting, nevertheless.

According to Ian and Terri, Leg 11 is the last segment where a FF may be used. Pauli has clarified that Leg 13 never has FF. So there is a slight possibility that Leg 12 (NEL) might have FF but if Ian and Terri are correct, which I believe they are, no FF beyond Leg 11.

Next episode is the last leg where FF is available and it would normally be the best time to use it. I say 'normally' because we have 3 teams eligible this time and I have a feeling no one went for it after all. Each fearing that somebody might have already took so no one was willing to take the chance of crawling back to the race and faced an almost certain elimination. I say with a good chance that we'll see 3 teams leaving their FF on the table.
    Phil

I think I read it somewhere the final leg you can't use the ff or it would just be unfair

FORT Regular
    It would be so awesome if the winning team won and didn't have to use their fast forward... It will be interesting to watch though since so many of the teams haven't used their fast forwards yet that in the last few episodes I'm sure that there will be a battle to win the fast forward. It will be interesting to see who gets it and which teams will have to go backtrack. Can't wait! The final episode is going to be great!!!

The latest we've ever seen a team use the FF was Wil & Tara on Leg 11 of TAR2. We don't know if there's one available in Leg 12, as no Final 3 team has ever been in the position to use it. (I also read Ian's remarks that he "thought" there were no FFs after Leg 11, but since no one on his race had a FF left, he didn't sound 100% sure.)

Even if there is a FF in Leg 12, I'm sure there's a significant bunching point (like leaving from Alaska or Hawaii in previous races) at the beginning of Leg 13 to neutralize its value.

If there's only one FF left, then this will the first Amazing Race where at least one of the Final 3 teams never used the FF.

Leo
    Premium Member
    I was actually surprised no one used their FF in the last episode.
    Last edited by Leo; 08-03-2003 at 03:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast