+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Guess the final destination

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATC Dave
    Can I guess?

Dave
    good one Dave!

I have no clue but think they will have them fly into LA. Drive to Hollywood and do a roadblock and then go to someplace like Yosemite or Death Valley for the detour, ending up somewhere in the middle of no where Calif for the ending.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I have absolutely no idea at all...

I doubt they'll return to LA...they started there, and only in the first season did they return to the place they started! But maybe...wouldn't be the first time i'm wrong...

Maybe Las Vegas, given the premiere was there, but I'm still guessing Boston because of the harbor or Chicago just because.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

My guess is San Diego.

While I love Las Vegas, they already started TAR2 there, so I doubt it. Yes, I know it was actually Pahrump, but they drove straight there and flew out.

TAR1 start and end in same city. TAR2 start LV end SF (relatively close). TAR3 start Miami end Seattle (couldn't hardly be farther apart). So, the trend has been that the end and start have been getting farther and farther apart. If they want them to be even farther apart than TAR3 was, they'd probably have to go to far Northeast somewhere like Boston or even into Maine. Or if they end up outside US, then that would mean Toronto or Montreal would be prime suspects.

Still going with San Diego though. Or maybe not even a big city. Maybe they fly into somewhere big and then end up somewhere more obscure for more "secrecy"--I don't go looking for spoilers at all, but I haven't even seen anything remotely spoiling where the end could be, so maybe they went obscure. Or maybe there are spoilers out there and I just thankfully haven't stumbled onto them.

Regardless of where it is, and who ends up winning it all, I hope there is a good mix of physically exhausting (but not brute force) and moderately difficult mental challenges. And some challenging navigation too. Let's just hope for no taxi ride to the end. Hope they get a vehicle and a map and have to do some self-navigation. I think the whole race should be more like that, but at least the finalists should really have to earn it. Luck abounds throughout the race, but they could do a whole lot to almost eliminate it from the final leg.

YAY San Diego!!! Haha...my hometown! That would make me Uber-happy!

And once more, there's a "fishy" task next week (the shark tank).

There's gotta be some task involving matching/sorting the fish/marine tasks like there was with the animal totems last season. Otherwise there's no need for eel-catching in amsterdam, fish-hauling in bombay (that was a lame roadblock- they could've done MUCH more in Bombay), fish-catching in Kota Kinabalu, octopus-eating in Seoul, AND shark-lovin in Brisbane!
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

My top 3 picks are;
    Chicago
    Boston
    Dallas/Houston
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Somewhere in the USA??
    "You get what anyone gets - you get a lifetime."

A few posts above my guess was San Diego. Since I posted that I have read lots of speculation here that they head to Australia next. I for one am happy about that.

I posted in the "Maybe...." thread (could we please come up with any better titles? ) on July 17 my hope/speculation that TAR4 would return to Australia and then head through Central/South America on the dash to the finish. All of those areas seem to have been under-utilized in previous TARs.

Someone like Tsutroi who seems to have an incredible knack for uncovering flight possibilities could maybe look and see what major C/S American cities have plentiful flights from Australia. Maybe Lima, Peru or Buenos Aires, Argentina?

Then a final flight home to somewhere like Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, or I still like San Diego as the strongest candidate.

Personally, I would love to see them going to South America. I think some places like Chilean Patagonia would be just OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD to visit. See this: http://www21.lanchile.com/english/un...onia/index.htm

That being said, flying from Australia/NZ to South America is very difficult. Lan Chile code shared with Qantas flies 3 times weekly to Santiago from Sydney via Auckland. Aerolineas Argentinas flies also 3 times weekly between Sydney and Buenos Aires. Based on what I can see, the two airlines spread out their flights such that there is one flight per day from the South Pacific to South America except Saturday where there is none. The flights leave Sydney at around 10 AM each morning so if someone missed it or the flight is full, there is no other way of reaching South America other than backtracking through L.A. (LAX). In other words, that team would have to go back to the U.S. for connection and that would just be impossible from the point view of the show this late in the Race.
    Phil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast