+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the best quality for a contestant of a TAR race?

FORT Fogey
    DAVE!!!!!!!

I think a sense of humor and the ability to read is good for those clue thingies!

Basically I am thinking if you can not panic and while being quick, take the time to do the important things like read the clues and stop to ask accurate directions if you need them.
    Otherwise to just do your best and hardest at the things before you and realize some of it is out of your control.
    Also, to check your options, there may always be another choice or chance..
    I love the ATC teams never give up attitude it kept them in the race more than once!

The best quality, of course, is having Lady Luck on your side. Barring that, there are myriad skills that one could need for all the various roadblocks, pitstops, unexpected events, etc...
    What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure. -Samuel Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATC Dave
    Somehow I just knew that:

1) Having a big gut
    2) Having bum knees
    3) Listing your 'luxury item' as 'my la-z-boy', and
    4) Running the race without breaking a sweat

weren't going to make anyone's choice for answers. If only we had known beforehand! Arrrrgggghhh!

Dave

Dave, have you become a local celebrity in your town yet?

Somehow I just knew that:

1) Having a big gut
    2) Having bum knees
    3) Listing your 'luxury item' as 'my la-z-boy', and
    4) Running the race without breaking a sweat

weren't going to make anyone's choice for answers. If only we had known beforehand! Arrrrgggghhh!

Dave
    LOL! good one...

Well, I'm re-posting my answer from the R&C thread.

Other: Being able to stand wearing thermanuclear underwear for the duration of the race.

Other: The ability to slam a door on another's face and find an excuse to justify it afterwards.

Other: Being able to tell your partner to lose like normal people instead of being bitter and petty.

Other: Being able to justify wearing summersky-blue ponchos.

Other: Being able to say 'holy crap' and look drop dead gorgeous while doing so.

Other: Being able to watch the love of your life get his nipple tweaked and not pack a punch (or two hundred) on the tweaker.

Alliances: Being able to stay in the race with as little alliance as humanly possible.

Plan: Being able to find a way to get to another country faster, only to drive an hour away with someone, only to find the destination is closed.

Muscles in climbing etc: Being able to take a couple or so steps in abseiling only to cry out for your mum to help you.

Pacing: Trying to get airline tickets while your partner stare up your shorts.

I have more, but you're gonna think I'm bitter...
    Last edited by Integral; 08-01-2003 at 09:51 AM.
    "In the absence of justice, what is sovereignty but organized robbery?"
    Saint Augustine

Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.

"...Those who win every battle are not really skillful - those who render others' armies helpless without fighting are the best of all."
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by TH3
    First you need to get on the show so the most important quality is that you are a gay clown couple who haven't had sex in 12 years.
    Interesting point. Well said. Very well said.

Now I'd be able to enter the race if only I fit the first of all three requirements.
    "In the absence of justice, what is sovereignty but organized robbery?"
    Saint Augustine

Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.

"...Those who win every battle are not really skillful - those who render others' armies helpless without fighting are the best of all."
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I'm really THAT Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Dave, have you become a local celebrity in your town yet?
    Actually, I try to keep a pretty low profile. I've had a few people recognize me, but it's been kinda nice just being able to go back to my old routine. Then again folks might just be ashamed to admit that I actually hail from their town as well...

Dave

Amazing Race Lover miss_ambiguous's Avatar
    the most important quality? hmmm...
    you get along well with your team-mate, have fun and are athletically and mentally fit
    Cheering for Brian/Greg, Lynn/Alex

Actually, I try to keep a pretty low profile. I've had a few people recognize me, but it's been kinda nice just being able to go back to my old routine. Then again folks might just be ashamed to admit that I actually hail from their town as well...
    Dave
    If there are such people, what do they know? They probably just sat on their duffs, with the uncleaned kitty litter at the corner, munching on fist loads of lays (because that's as close as they'll get to one) and said, "oh, I know that guy. (crumbs falling from mouth) If I were there, I would have won that (burp) easy."

You (both of you) took a chance and competed in a race seen all over the place. If that wasn't stressful enough, you risked injury, fighting with your partner (I only saw support when things were at their worst), and missing your family.

If there is anyone in your town who who might be ashamed, well, I'd like to know what risks have they taken lately?

All in all and kidding aside, I remember that you guys never gave up. For me, I would NEVER attempt a race like that. You have an experience to keep for all the good and bad of it. You were challenged and me the challenge head on. Just for that, YOU GUYS ARE WINNERS!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12