+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: this season compared to last season

this season compared to last season

hey i juz found out this season the first place are actually more spread out around many teams.... making it more fun to watch since everyone's abilities were almost all similar.. n last season it ended up to be 6 teams not able to use their fast forward... so far only 3 in this season i guess this show is getting better and better =]

CJT

TAR4 rocks!!! TAR3 sucks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lalol
    hey i juz found out this season the first place are actually more spread out around many teams.... making it more fun to watch since everyone's abilities were almost all similar.. n last season it ended up to be 6 teams not able to use their fast forward... so far only 3 in this season i guess this show is getting better and better =]
    This season's contestants are actually much pleaseant to the eyes
    such as Reichen and Chip and Tian and Jaree, my all time
    favorite teams...

TAR 4 RULZ!!!

Actually, I find the contestants in the previous season more entertaing than those from this season...

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I much preferred TAR3 to TAR4.

Just comparing it to writing the virtual journal....last season was so easy and fun compared to this season because of the teams involved. This season seems much more difficult for some reason. I had a much greater "emotional investment" last season than this one.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Leo
    Premium Member

As for the race itself, my impression is that this one is much harder physically. Before this season I had only sean about two-thirds of TAR 1 and all of TAR 3 - this race seems to be more like TAR 1 in that it is quite physically demanding, unlike TAR 3 which was less so.

That may be why some of the teams seem to be less entertaining this time around - they may just be too tired.

yea i guess u guys are right but i was juz saying the 1st places are more evenly spread out not criticizing anything... well maybe cuz they stayed pretty long in europe/africa so they hafta travel less and drive more so i guess driving isnt very physically challenging

I've only watched this season, but the contestants are not only diverse, they also deal with decision making and stress very differently from one another. This season has shown the emotional vulnerabilities of some and the harshness of others. I wonder if that was typical of the prior seasons or not. Maybe, those who select the contestants are getting more info on them before making the decision to cast. It has made TAR teams very interesting to watch on a human level.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I've only watched this season, but the contestants are not only diverse, they also deal with decision making and stress very differently from one another. This season has shown the emotional vulnerabilities of some and the harshness of others. I wonder if that was typical of the prior seasons or not.
    Yes, that's typical of the prior seasons.

I personally think TAR has been amazingly consistent through 4 seasons. They don't use "twists" to jazz things up from year to year -- if it ain't broke, don't fix it -- though this year does seem to be more physically demanding.

People's preferences probably have more to do with their fondness for some of the teams involved. It was a little harder this year for me to warm up to most of the teams, as they seemed a bit more low-key & less revealing than previous year's. And there has been no out-and-out funny teams, like Kevin & Drew or Danny & Oswald or Ken & Gerard in the past.

That said, I know I'm going to end up liking TAR4 more than TAR3, if only because there is no Flo!

FORT Fogey
    TAR 4 doesn't quite live up to TAR 1, 2 or 3 but it's still fantastic.

Episode 9 was the most exciting show this season and showcased all the reasons why I've been a fan of this program since I stumbled across Lenny & Karyn arguing in Paris.

Three Steves, Two Jons, Two Daves, A Sheree & a Jaree

Hey there fellow TAR fans,

I was introduced to TAR for the finale of TAR2. Wow!--my then girlfriend and I pooh-poohed our friends who were hooked and they finally convinced us to come over and watch the finale with them...within 15 minutes, my then girlfriend was jumping up and down and screaming at the television for people to hurry up. (We would have made an interesting and entertaining TAR team...actually, we still would... "The Ex's")

That means I can't really comment on TAR1 or 2 at all...

I LOVED TAR3...because there were people you really liked that you were always convinced wouldn't survive the week (Ken & Gerard) and the team that you knew was destined to self-implode (Flo & Zach) and the other teams (Derek & Drew, Teri & Ian as examples) had more clearly defined personalities--you KNEW how they were going to react to any given situation, what challenges each obstacle would create for each team.

The teams of TAR3 seemed better defined and their interactions more dramatically complicated than this year's group. I don't feel like I know as much about the teams, other than Kelly & Jon and Millie & Chuck. I was just getting to know Tian & Jaree. Same with Monica & Sheree. And as far as Steve & Dave go...their continued presence, however unlikely it was ever going to be, is missed from an entertainment perspective.

I like the clowns, Jeff & Al (my pick from show one to win the thing)...but along with Reichen & Chip and their straight counterparts, David & Jeff...I don't feel like I "know" them the way I felt I did in TAR3. (It's incredibly "unfair" how thrilled I was when Aaron & Arianne lost...or how my allegiance almost shifted from Ken & Gerard to Jon Vito & Jill as the show went on.)

That said--I'm still making TAR appointment tv. It's always a show worth watching, if only for questioning "what would I do if I was in that same situation."

The best answer--I'm hoping I like the TAR5 teams the best of all!

pg--seattle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast