+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why no reunion?

Dave, you're a funny, funny guy!

droolingovrhim, has a point about how much one would be able to get into an hour episode...They could make it two hours though

Or really, they could film little snippets. If it's live, then answers to questions bring up more questions, and time would be spent. If the teams were all to film a quick Here's what we've been upto it could be done quickly.... couldn't it?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

While a live reunion would probably be most preferred by fans, I'd certainly settle for taped clips.

Here's an idea to mull over.

I've before suggested that the first episode of next TAR season be strictly devoted to meeting the new teams. No racing, just meet them all, then finish the episode with them at the starting line. Phil gives them the "Go!" and we have to wait until the next episode for the first leg of the race.

Now, I think I can improve on the idea. The first episode is two hours. The first hour is a catch up on some of the prior season's teams along with highlights from their race. First 15min TAR1, next 15min TAR2, etc. Then the second hour is meet the new teams. And, I think they could give us some teasers on tasks and sites they'll be going to. Not showing any actual racers because that could give away who makes it to which tasks. But they have crews that go to locations and test the tasks. Just show some of those.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I suppose the last episode when all the teams are waiting for the Top 3 to arrive and the previously eliminated teams stand in line and clap is sort of a reunion..

Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATC Dave
    Flo (of Flo and Zach): Followed up AR3 win with a largely successful motivational speaking tour, "Never Give Up, Never Get Mad, and Win".
    LOL!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcurtain
    Funny, funny stuff! I hope I'm not the only one to get the reference...

Now that I would LOVE to see!!!

Nice to see you Dave!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I would actually love to see a reunion from TAR1, since I went to high school with Paul (from Paul and Amy). I know he has a website: http://www.alessifitness.com

FORT Regular
    Originaly posted by Dex
    yeah ... how come the ratings there (US) of TAR aren't so good ... although TAR have such a huge fan base ... it's extremely popular here in Asia, Philippines, Singapore, etc..., they should count us ... hehehe .. im positive it'll boost the ratings.

TAR is simply the best!! Long Live The Amazing Race!!

yeah, reunion would be great...would love to hear from OH BROTHERS!, The WONDER TWINS, JV&JILL, TEAM GUIDO and TJ...

Sadly it looks like due to the fact that TAR is not a "hit" show like Survivor CBS feels like it would not benefit their bottom line to do a reunion show! :mad: Which is pretty bogus considering how much money they waste every year on their morning show which is always in last place. Look at all that money they wasted on bringing Bryant Gumbell over from NBC .. that didn't pay off!

I say CBS should suck it up and listen to some of the TAR fans and give us what we want ... a reunion show! Petition anyone?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Jughead Jones
    I find this incredibly ironic. Does anyone else feel that way?
    Dave was making a joke, btw.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast