+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: 7/17 Show Discussion Thread ***spoilers***

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin
    Not sure if I agree with you. Judging from the various fan forums, Reichen & Chip appear to have generated a massive following. Their message threads typically dwarf those of other teams. Love 'em or hate 'em, fans seem to want to discuss them. I'd call that connecting with the viewers.

Btw, what was last year's "special factor"? Flo? --> :crybaby
    Okay, let's try this. Assume that your argument is correct. What about the other remaining teams? Have the clowns connected? What about David and Jeff?

And that "special factor" is what I belief to be an intangible. It's as much a personal thing as anything else. I can't tell you what it is, but I can tell you whether or not IMHO it's there. And it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin
    Oh, come on! You can say many things about Reichen & Chip, Millie & Chuck, Steve & Dave, Amanda & Chris, or Kelly & Jon, but "bland" would hardly be at the top of the list of descriptive terms.
    Okay, here's the problem: Steve & Dave and Amanda & Chris went out fairly early. R&C is generally OK. M&C and K&J are not bland, but they're train wrecks. Call me crazy, but I don't want to watch train wrecks all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    I don't think it's TAR's role to present teams that, as you said, "run the gamut of today's socio-political landscape".
    I never said it was TAR's role to do that. What I meant was that it is interesting that some of the remaining teams are representative of some of the hotly debated issues of today's society. I'm pretty sure that prior to the airing of the show teams such as R&C and M&C with the controversial tags of married" and "dating virgins" have generated some pre-show buzz unknown to TAR before. The fact that they managed to remain in the top five - I'm guessing that Jerry Bruckheimer and the big boys of CBS couldn't be happier. Frankly, they make for some very good reality TV.

And that "special factor" is what I belief to be an intangible. It's as much a personal thing as anything else.
    Again, I was just giving another perspective that while some of you do not find this year's team to be as engaging compared to the last few seasons - there are people like me who couldn't be happier with the drama and tension the remaining teams have drummed up.

M&C and K&J are not bland, but they're train wrecks.
    What was Flo, then? The Hindenberg?

Whats it with TAR4's fish obsession anyway? its quite redundant this season...

the eels roadblock
    the fish basket roadblock
    the fish catching detour

i smell something feeeeeeeeshy!
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire. .

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    I'm just sad that it was a non-elimination round. I would've liked to see Kelly and Jon go home without the million bucks.

On the plus side, I'm glad that my team (Jon/Al) came in a narrow first place in front of Reichen/Chip. I want these guys to win.

Chillie (Millie/Chuck) need to work together more, and David/Jeff need to actually do something every once in a while!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadmatt
    What was Flo, then? The Hindenberg?
    Possibly the Titanic.

i can't blame Chip for losing his cool during the taxi ride and at the roadblock...why can't just the taxi driver make a u turn? There are no other vehicles in sight nor a police car waiting in the background.....were those boat handlers briefed enough what a FISH or LOBSTER means in their dialect?....oh well, i guess it comes with the game....you'll gain an advantage if you know another language....or you could just buy an English-native language translator book at the airport like what the clowns do.

they came through singapore!

heehee

for all their terrible behaviour, i'm glad jon&kelly had something nice to say about singapore's airport!

hehe. i never realised what a luxury those carpets were :p

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadoM
    heehee

for all their terrible behaviour, i'm glad jon&kelly had something nice to say about singapore's airport!

hehe. i never realised what a luxury those carpets were :p
    Did they say that? I never hear... I thought they were sorta forced to sleep on the carpet floor because they need to save $$$...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112