+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: AR gets an Emmy nomination

AR gets an Emmy nomination

Even though I think the Emmys are jade (the same shows nominated/win over and over and over and over and over again), it's nice to see that finally they paid attention to AR. (maybe I'm wrong but I think this is AR first nod.)

Outstanding Reality/Competition Program
    -AFI's 100 years.
    -The Amazing Race
    -American Idol
    -100 Years of Hope and Humor
    -Survivor

(We know Survivor is probably going to win anyway.)

Jasmine Trias & Sam Milby NBCDaytimeFan's Avatar
    Yes! Finally the recognition it deserves!

But one question, why are the AFI and Bob Hope special included in this category. I didn't think they were included in "Reality/Competition." They should have been under "Outstanding Nonfiction Special (Traditional)" I guess.

But anyway, CONGRATS to all the teams and crew that truly deserve the nomination!

I have watched TAR and AI this years only and have enjoyed both.

I look for either AI or TAR to win...

I'd say the "AFI 100" and the "100 Years of Hope" don't really fit. But I am admittedly an Emmy idiot. I watched neither of these shows, but weren't they one show each. And weren't they just lists/clips of previous stuff? They seem out of place here.

Anyway.

Didn't watch much AI--mostly just a few minutes of the end of a few shows while flipping to FOX to watch "24". So, no substantial first-hand knowledge of this show.

Watched all Survivor and all TAR.

Of those 3 shows, I'd say if they wanted to please the masses with the winner, they should pick AI. It's the new blow-out success story. Although I think it lacks any real substance to make it stand out. Not meaning to anger those that do watch and like it, but this is what I get out of it. First there are auditions of people who certainly will never be Idols complete with insults etc. Then a bunch of people sing over and over again, week after week, trying to win a popularity contest. Popular show--yes. Award winning--not in my book.

For pure longevity Survivor should win. While it's not spectacularly popular like it once was--it still is a force. It has proven itself to not just be a one-season wonder. While I still tune in and pretty much enjoy it--I find it to be pretty much mindless entertainment. Which alliance has more people determines voting pattern, then who annoys who. Challenges are close to the same year-to-year with new small twists and turns thrown in. It's worth watching for the few unexpected happenings, but it's not fantastic. Still popular and mildly entertaining--yes. Award winning--maybe.

TAR should win. Probably don't need to convince too many reading this. It is most critics' favorites. It is probably technically the most difficult to produce, yet it appears nearly flawless. It exposes viewers to more real 'reality' than most other shows. It incorporates relationships both good and bad. It's not a bunch of beautiful people (usually), it's not doing gross and disgusting things (usually), it's not a popularity contest (never). There is at least something to be learned from watching most episodes. While the airport shuffles and the taxi rides don't always make for fascinating TV, they are at least as good as Survivor camps seen over and over and over...or studio stages. I think the TAR dialogue seems forced at times and a little less intriguing than BB or Survivor. But I think that is forgivable because usually the Racers are actually doing something and talking to the camera is an afterthought. But on BB or Survivor a LOT of what they do is just sit around for hours and days and weeks. That leaves a lot of time for dialogue. Plus with BB and Survivor there are almost always large groups of people gathered together, which makes for much more varied and sustained conversations. On TAR it USUALLY is just groups of 2.

I know with other awards shows the most well-known or most popular don't always win. Let's hope this Emmy category turns out the same way and TAR wins.

I'm just glad to see none of the relationship/dating/marrying shows made the list. That at least says something about the nominators.

I applaud the decession to give The Amazing Race a nomination I think this show is one of the best reality programs on air at the moment. However, it think it will be really hard to decide who will get this one since this show is competeting with American Idol and Survivor who have lots of viewers and supporters than the Amazing Race but I hope this show wins it because i think it is more interesting that the latter two.

That's GREAT news! I hope it wins, and even if it doesn't, on commercials it could always say "The emmy nominated/winning reality show is BACK!" for AR5!
    Derek & Drew and Tian & Jaree = Best.Amazing.Race.Teams.Ever.

http://ddtjamazingrace.cjb.net

American Idol Fanatic IdolFreak05's Avatar
    I heard about it while watching Good Day Live.. I was so happy for AR! I am hoping either AR wins or AI..

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetEnufTAR
    I'd say the "AFI 100" and the "100 Years of Hope" don't really fit. But I am admittedly an Emmy idiot. I watched neither of these shows, but weren't they one show each. And weren't they just lists/clips of previous stuff? They seem out of place here.

Anyway.

Didn't watch much AI--mostly just a few minutes of the end of a few shows while flipping to FOX to watch "24". So, no substantial first-hand knowledge of this show.

Watched all Survivor and all TAR.

Of those 3 shows, I'd say if they wanted to please the masses with the winner, they should pick AI. It's the new blow-out success story. Although I think it lacks any real substance to make it stand out. Not meaning to anger those that do watch and like it, but this is what I get out of it. First there are auditions of people who certainly will never be Idols complete with insults etc. Then a bunch of people sing over and over again, week after week, trying to win a popularity contest. Popular show--yes. Award winning--not in my book.

For pure longevity Survivor should win. While it's not spectacularly popular like it once was--it still is a force. It has proven itself to not just be a one-season wonder. While I still tune in and pretty much enjoy it--I find it to be pretty much mindless entertainment. Which alliance has more people determines voting pattern, then who annoys who. Challenges are close to the same year-to-year with new small twists and turns thrown in. It's worth watching for the few unexpected happenings, but it's not fantastic. Still popular and mildly entertaining--yes. Award winning--maybe.

TAR should win. Probably don't need to convince too many reading this. It is most critics' favorites. It is probably technically the most difficult to produce, yet it appears nearly flawless. It exposes viewers to more real 'reality' than most other shows. It incorporates relationships both good and bad. It's not a bunch of beautiful people (usually), it's not doing gross and disgusting things (usually), it's not a popularity contest (never). There is at least something to be learned from watching most episodes. While the airport shuffles and the taxi rides don't always make for fascinating TV, they are at least as good as Survivor camps seen over and over and over...or studio stages. I think the TAR dialogue seems forced at times and a little less intriguing than BB or Survivor. But I think that is forgivable because usually the Racers are actually doing something and talking to the camera is an afterthought. But on BB or Survivor a LOT of what they do is just sit around for hours and days and weeks. That leaves a lot of time for dialogue. Plus with BB and Survivor there are almost always large groups of people gathered together, which makes for much more varied and sustained conversations. On TAR it USUALLY is just groups of 2.

I know with other awards shows the most well-known or most popular don't always win. Let's hope this Emmy category turns out the same way and TAR wins.

I'm just glad to see none of the relationship/dating/marrying shows made the list. That at least says something about the nominators.
    Great Post, CGETAR, I totally agree.

It's about time TAR gets the recognition it deserves.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

FORT Fogey
    I would love to see this show win! Or Survivor, my other favorite reality show! Or American Idol, as I loved that show too. Not really sure about those other two things, they're movie clips and stuff. Kinda perplexes me. I can't see them winning. (Watch them win now.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast