+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 68 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything you wanted to know about TAR but were afraid to ask

TAR fans: Things you wish you knew

What do FORT TAR fans wish they knew about TAR?

For example, these are some of my questions:

Do they have laundry service at the pit stops? How do they get their clothes cleaned for the next leg? Do they have to do it themselves or does someone do it for them? (Or do they run around in filthy clothes).

What do they do for food for the race? Are there professional chefs at the pit stops, and what do they eat (and how) while they're on the run? How many meals do they get? Does the show provide the food they eat on the run?

Is there more than one camera guy for each team? Do they switch off? I.e. during the time in India where everyone is sleeping at the train station, the camera guy can't sleep, right? Because he has to take possible unexpected footage, so is there someone else that takes another shift?

Why haven't they been to Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, or Russia?

How long does an average leg last? Some of them seem to go on for days, due to openings/closings of different locations and long plane trips etc.

What do people have to go through during the audition process in order to get on the show? I.e. I saw Elizabeth from the 2nd Survivor (Australia) talk about having to be sequestered in a hotel room for an extended period of time to see if she could handle the isolation. What do they do to the TAR teams?

What happens to you when you're eliminated? Do you hang out with the other teams and then fly right back to your home? Or do you have to stick around the production crew until the race is over, just so that no one knows whether you win or not? If they do stick around, do they stay with the production crew (ala Survivor-esque fashion)?

How much money do you get if you don't win the contest? The winners get one million dollars, but does everyone else get squat if they don't win? (During the first Survivor, it was let out that 3rd place got something like 75k, 4th got 50k, and so on and so forth). What do you get if you don't win? Nothing?

To Bertram Van Muenster: Sell something besides t-shirts. How about a behind the scenes video? A making of the show video? A bloopers tape? Audition tapes? And what has happened to past winners? I.e. will you ever give us an update show? I.e. a "where are they now" show? I.e. what is Flo doing now? What happened to Tara? Etc. etc.

So, FORT fans, what do YOU want to know about the show? (Or have you heard any answers to any of the above).
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Those are excellent questions. I only wish I knew some of the answers.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

FORT Newbie
    I think they haven't been to Russia or Eastern Europe cos there could be Communist influences going on. I could be wrong, though, but it's what I think...

Great questions, Shazz! Maybe some of our TAR contestant FORT members will stumble upon this thread and enlighten us. TAR4 ATC Dave, TAR4 ATC Steve, TAR4 Geezer, Josh, and TeriTAR3 - help us out, please...enquiring minds want to know!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I want to know how they choose the country.

I want to know how come there are only 4 seats available when you have a cameraman and the soundtech still in need of there plane seats. where do they stay? the wings?

i want to to know what was in jaree's bag, why tian was so obsessed in it, and if jaree threw out all whats inside and replaced it with indian tapestries.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire. .

Good questions Shazzer! Maybe you can suggest a question for John to ask for his next interview.

Good idea Eldee. I don't know if John has seen this thread yet, but he always seems to know "everything" about the shows. *jealous of John's omniscient viewpoint*
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

He is the FORT MASTER! I mean

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Some of your questions are answered in other posts. Search for the following subjects:
    Things I want to know
    Buying tix for cameramen??

Also, reading the interviews with contestants gives some insight.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    What do FORT TAR fans wish they knew about TAR?

For example, these are some of my questions:

Do they have laundry service at the pit stops? How do they get their clothes cleaned for the next leg? Do they have to do it themselves or does someone do it for them? (Or do they run around in filthy clothes).

Is there more than one camera guy for each team? Do they switch off? I.e. during the time in India where everyone is sleeping at the train station, the camera guy can't sleep, right? Because he has to take possible unexpected footage, so is there someone else that takes another shift?

How long does an average leg last? Some of them seem to go on for days, due to openings/closings of different locations and long plane trips etc.

I read somewhere in Team GUido's (from AR1) post race interview...they did their laundry during the 12 hour mandatory rest. During which time was mostly spent for interviews, some food and sleep if possible.

Again from Team Guido's post race interview, they did mentioned it took about 3 days per leg.

I actually managed to witness one of the legs from AR3 when they came over to my country......scrambling to board trains, running on the streets on their way to the route marker / clue. There was one camera guy following one team and another one waiting at the route marker / clue.

The information I provide is very little but hope it clarifies some.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 68 123456789101151 ... LastLast