+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything you wanted to know about TAR but were afraid to ask

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by stebo
    99.9% of the jobs in this coutry are not going to give you a 3-4 month PAID vacation... so while you are racing you still have things to pay - rent, utilities, credit card bills, etc.. Those things don't just go away because you are on a game show. Some of these people are also a couple in some way so it is not like the other one can stay home and work they are both making no income. Yes, the show is not required to pay them any incentives or price money.. but I am almost sure that TAR is just like Survivor or Big Brother in that they get about $750 a week to send back home depending on how long they are there.
    Ah! I didn't understand what you had meant by per diem. It does make sense now.

Sort of in the similar way that people who do jury duty get per diems, I guess.

I'm really THAT Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by CJT
    Dave/Steve/Geezer,

How were the camerman and audio guy were like? Did they bug you?
    Did you get conscious on what you were going to say?
    For me, all the crews we had were great. When the cameras were off, it was like having two more friends with us. When the cameras were on, we still had two more friends - they just couldn't talk.

As far as being conscious of what I was going to say/saying, it wasn't really a factor for me. Long before I was on the race I had been interviewed several times on the local television stations (job related, and also after 9/11/01), so it wasn't that big a deal to me having a camera and sound guy around. I think that by the time the race started Steve was pretty accustomed to them as well, so it didn't seem like he was too conscious of them either.

Dave

Hi Dave! I don't know if you're allowed to do this but do you have any comments on the last episode?

If he does, I hope he doesn't post them here, matt. Maybe in the show discussion thread, where they belong...

I'm really THAT Dave
    Is that John guy subtle, or what?

Dave

Well, I don't mind so much now, but before midnight on the night of a show I do

I'm really THAT Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Well, I don't mind so much now, but before midnight on the night of a show I do
    No prob, John. And to all who want to know - Jon and Al were the team that Steve and I were rooting for of those that had remained. We were as disappointed as all of you when they were eliminated.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATC Dave
    No prob, John. And to all who want to know - Jon and Al were the team that Steve and I were rooting for of those that had remained. We were as disappointed as all of you when they were eliminated.

Dave
    Sure enough, they were the last member of the Millie-Alliance being booted. It's interesting to note the 3 remaining teams were not part of any real alliance throughout the race, maybe something the future TAR participants should consider.
    Phil

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Flo and Zach in the last season was also the anti-twins alliance.. Still they make it to the final 3... So being in alliance anot does not conclude you will be in the Top 3 positioning.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATC Dave

Dave
    But you knew it beforehand... So it will not be AS disappointing for you as it is for us...

+ Reply to Thread