+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Destinations

Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass
    I'm not sure about next week- it's somewhere tropical, mountainous, fishing is big, and they have to FLY to get there. I'm thinking Bali maybe? Other speculations?
    I don't think they'll be going to Bali, not after the bombings there last year. I would think, way too sensitive an aera! Just my two cents...

K

LoL
    probably japan/korea/taiwan?

FORT Regular
    I think they might actually go to SE asia for one leg, then move to australia but thats just my belief.

Hmmm...well, the preview says that one team finds there might be a better way than flying- that really confuses me. Probably not Bali, Japan, Korea, or Taiwan- it's way too far to go by boat and get there before a plane would. I wouldn't rule out Bali as a sensitive area of the world, though, any more than I would rule out New York City as one.

Maybe Sri Lanka? Or the Maldives? They're both tropical destinations that could easily be reached by boat from South India.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

i would say nepal then china/se asia/ then taiwan or japan or korea well cuz if sars was a factor it would most likely be in japan or korea =]

FORT Regular
    korea is not exactly a US friendly place, even south korea might prove dnagerous if they ran into north koreans. Japan is safe but VERY expensive, i reckon racers would actually need at least $1000 + to get through the leg.
    Which probably brings me to the conclusion of a SE asia country seems most likely. Though sri lanka seems appropiate for the next leg or nepal or bangledesh for leg 8.

hmm but they went to vietnam last season which was even worse they usually go to a very modernised city from past seasons... ar 2: hk ar 3: singapore... so maybe shanghai
    Last edited by lalol; 07-13-2003 at 08:06 AM.

I loved seeing them in Viet Nam last season! In another thread someone mentioned sampans (fishing boats common to some areas of Southeast Asia) in the preview. But then again, they say one team looks at an option other than flying!

Totally confused... Bangladesh? Sri Lanka? Burma? Indonesia? The Maldives?
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

I'm not so sure they could have gone to China, since this was filmed around the same time as the major SARS outbreak hit the news, so they probably avoided Hong Kong and China, although it is possible.

And i HIGHLY doubt they'll revist Thailand again. Tomorrow's leg is definitely south india.
    yeah. the sars outbreak started around february, but all the countries they go to are already chosen before the race. if they go to either taiwan or hk or china originaly and the sars outbreak hit, then that would be a logistical nightmare since the process of obtaining a permit to film in a substitute country would be a long process. if this was the case, then probably a back up plan was set up that would make them go where they had sought permits during the other race seasons.--- so maybe thailand vietnam and malaysia.

this week will be in southeast asia i assume.

They haven't visited the caribbean at all- Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Haiti, DR, Bahamas, etc etc... And they could certainly stand to spend more time in Latin America in general- Costa Rica, Panama, Baja, Buenos Aires, Peru, Ecuador, Chile, etc etc... And how about the Pacific? like Easter Island, Samoa, Tahiti... that could be really cool!

There are just oodles (that's right, I said "oodles") of places/areas they have not visited, which is a little disappointing to me. How about some of the Scandanavian countries or Eastern Europe? Personally, I'd LOVE for them to go to England, Wales - really, anywhere in the U.K. (A return trip to Scotland would be great, particularly the western highlands, which are just beautiful.)

{Sigh} I guess we can just wait and hope...
    It's over for this season but PLEASE give us more of
    THE AMAZING RACE!!!
    Please Please Please CBS - give us TAR5!!!!!!!
    I The Amazing R A C E !

+ Reply to Thread