+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Destinations

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Takraw
    My wife who is Thai thinks they will be in Thailand agian because of the previews. She knows there are elephants in India, but the surroundings seem familiar to her.
    Spot on... I'm thinking it's Thailand too... Just have that feeling... At the dirty horse ride (If that's what it's call) task.... Did I see something that I wasn't supposed to see.... It concerns Tian....

FORT Regular
    they have been to thailand for 2 seasons already, i reckon they may go to taiwan or mainland china.
    TAR 1:
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Krabi, Thailand
    Pai Plong Beach, Thailand
    TAR 2:
    Ampawa, Thailand
    Chiang Mai, Thailand

so yea there has been a lot of thailand

I'm not so sure they could have gone to China, since this was filmed around the same time as the major SARS outbreak hit the news, so they probably avoided Hong Kong and China, although it is possible.

And i HIGHLY doubt they'll revist Thailand again. Tomorrow's leg is definitely south india.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

They haven't visited the caribbean at all- Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Haiti, DR, Bahamas, etc etc... And they could certainly stand to spend more time in Latin America in general- Costa Rica, Panama, Baja, Buenos Aires, Peru, Ecuador, Chile, etc etc... And how about the Pacific? like Easter Island, Samoa, Tahiti... that could be really cool!
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Leo
    Premium Member
    And how about the Pacific? like Easter Island, Samoa, Tahiti... that could be really cool!
    The reason they probably haven't done that is flights out of that part of the world are fairly limited.

FORT Regular
    They may skip Asia (except for transit) coz of SARS. I think they may travel straight to australia (via Singapore or Malaysia). i don't think the producers would take a risk letting the racers go to a SARs infected country

FORT Newbie
    I don't think the outbreak was during the filming, but I could be wrong...

FORT Regular
    filming was done duing february 2003 mainly, which i believe was one of the major times of the SARs outbreak, the beginning I believe, though I was in Hong Kong in mid January there wasn't n e thing about it, so maybe SARs outbreak wasn't till march, and after filming.
    Though Australia seems a great possibility, Perth ot Darwin maybe

R&C
    I heard before that the destination chosen for amazing race was due to the sponsorship of certain country for this program. I mean the country that sponsors this program might become one of the amazing race's destination...am i right ? or i could be wrong....?

Let the record show that I, Aota Bass, correctly identified this week's destination as Kerala, India, as well as the ox (bull) racing

I'm not sure about next week- it's somewhere tropical, mountainous, fishing is big, and they have to FLY to get there. I'm thinking Bali maybe? Other speculations?

+ Reply to Thread