+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Destinations

Anybody who knows Where and What is this??????

[IMG]E:\My Documents\Lancefile\files\OTHE RS\amazing race\2.jpg[/IMG]

Ummm...was there supposed to be a picture attached to that, qsick_2000?
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass
    Ummm...was there supposed to be a picture attached to that, qsick_2000?

they remove the picture, it is a observatory on a top of a mountain

ooh- the observatory from the beginning credits? i've been trying to figure out for so long where that is...

So maybe Colorado or somewhere in the Rockies?
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

There are a few observatories in Australia as well, so it might not mean anything. Of course, I haven't watched tonight's episode yet, so if they DID see it this episode, please don't post it here until after midnight

Could be a SPOILER!!!

I taped, looked and really pay attention to the credits at the end and I noticed that they gave thanks to:

ASU stadium
    city of phoenix
    Hawai'i volcanoes national park
    The Mariott scottsdale suite

So I think the final destination must be somewhere in Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunti81
    I taped, looked and really pay attention to the credits at the end and I noticed that they gave thanks to:

ASU stadium
    city of phoenix
    Hawai'i volcanoes national park
    The Mariott scottsdale suite

So I think the final destination must be somewhere in Phoenix.
    O.K., you are scaring me...more like I scare myself, see this thread:

Guess the final destination

On August 1st, I have said I think they will end up in Phoenix, AZ. I swear I don't have any inside information, just a hunch. I know I am intuitive but that's kind of too accurate for comfort... Maybe I am a psycho-maniac, stay away from me! LOL

O.K, I can shed some mystery on the Hawaii leg with your info. They would be heading to the Big island of Hawaii - the island of Hawai'i. We just call it the Big island because it's bigger than all other Hawaiian islands combined. The King Kakameha (forgot which one, I think V) from the Island of Hawai'i conquered all other islands in the vicinity, including the "Gathering Place" or Honolulu as we call it on the island of Oahu. The Big Island is the youngest and also the only one which still has an active volcano. Hawaiian volcanoes are unique in the world in the sense that its style of eruption is the only of its kind. It's sort of flat (the cone) and the lava will just flow out like low waves out to the ocean. And its gas isn't toxic. In other words, this is one live volcanoe that you can actually visit up close without putting yourself in danger. The native Hawaiians believe the Kilauea (name of the volcanoe) is a godess of the creation of Hawaii. I highly recommend a helicopter tour over the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, it's thrilling. I think they will be flying into Kona from Honolulu. Though, alternatively, they could also fly into Hilo which is on the east side of the Big Island. What they might not know it's easier to drive from Kona to Kilauea because the road from Hilo to Kilauea is more tricky with slopes and mountain terrain. Coming from Kona, you will be passing the southern most point of the United States and is flat with beautiful black sand beaches, another unique feature of the Big Island.
    Phil

FORT Regular
    Oh wow, Phoenix??? A week ago, I also predicted this city to be one of the possible places for the finish line. Although I don't live in Phoenix, I have visited it a few times since my brother resides there. I actually liked the city, and I'm kinda happy and looking forward to seeing the race ending over there.

Phoenix would make sense, considering that other people mentioned the spoiler in an article about the race ending up in the western U.S. When I think of the mainland western U.S., I think of California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, and Arizona. The previous seasons of TAR did not visit Oregon and Arizona. I thought about Portland, Oregon too. Well, they could have the finish line there, but Phoenix is a much larger city.

Hmm, if they give thanks to ASU Stadium, maybe the finish line will be inside the stadium??? It would remind me of how the race began in Dodgers Stadium in LA. =D

Alright, so how would the teams get from Hawaii to Phoenix? I read that Hawaiian Air launched a nonstop service between Honolulu and Phoenix during Oct. 2002. Perhaps I'd like to turn the table over back to Tsutroi.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutroi
    On August 1st, I have said I think they will end up in Phoenix, AZ. I swear I don't have any inside information, just a hunch. I know I am intuitive but that's kind of too accurate for comfort... Maybe I am a psycho-maniac, stay away from me! LOL
    There are no maybe's about it Tsutroi, you are a TAR maniac And don't worry, we will stay away I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry Bruckheimer himself slaps you with a gag order so you'd stop uncovering where the teams have gone and which flights they've taken.

yay guessed Cairns correctly I saw that crocodile before

+ Reply to Thread