+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Destinations

I wrote a reply and I got logged out automatically, I hate it because I lost everything I write! I am pissed off right now so I will probably try another time when my nerves are better.
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutroi
    I wrote a reply and I got logged out automatically, I hate it because I lost everything I write! I am pissed off right now so I will probably try another time when my nerves are better.
    i wonder what you have wrote!! i hope you have remembered all them~

FORT Regular
    Bummer. Sorry to hear that Tsutroi. Looking forward to seeing what you intended to write.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutroi
    Gosh, that must have been terrible... and a really long post...

I'll bet South Korea WAS the surprise country- reichen said he "never would have thought they would visit south korea".

Anyways, there's reports of dune buggies in the top 3 nel leg, so i'd guess they DO head to Perth after Brisbane, then from Perth to the US for the final destination (maybe after a stop in Hawaii, or just a flight connection).
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Leo
    Premium Member
    It would be unusual if they chose Hawaii as a stopover for their trans-Pacific flight, though. You can get flights to LAX from either Melbourne or Sydney, and those would be direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    It would be unusual if they chose Hawaii as a stopover for their trans-Pacific flight, though. You can get flights to LAX from either Melbourne or Sydney, and those would be direct.
    I don't have much time tonight so I'll post a few short thoughts including some of those lost yesterday. The sighting I heard include a connection on Aloha Air's Inter-Island flight so it's not just a connection if the sighting was indeed correct.

Air Canada ceased the Toronto-Melbourne flight via Honolulu since Mid-2002 so the racers couldn't have flown Melbourne-Honolulu on Air Canada. I know it because I am Canadian and a frequent flyer of Air Canada [but that doesn't mean I like it!]

I also agree the surprised country is South Korea. One of the producer of TAR said something about changing itineary at the last minute to getting around 'countries' going into war. Since this was back in February, 2003, the war with Iraq was looming so I guess TAR wanted to avoid the potential unstable situation of the Korean Penisula and the unpredictable China-Taiwan interaction. My hunch is that they fear a sudden war on Iraq could have a destablelizing effect on the region with North Koreans threatening to shoot missles/nukes to South Korea and Japan and etc. It would make sense why they would back-track so far from Malaysia to Korea, then, Australia. The routing itself was illogical and did seemed akward in some way. If they had planned Australia, they should have flown something like India-Australia-Malaysia-Korea, that would have made more sense.
    Phil

Or maybe because of the major SARS outbreak which the first case was in around February... they have avoided Taiwan/China therefore had to fly up to South Korea then go back to Australia (since filming in japan is expensive)

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lalol
    Or maybe because of the major SARS outbreak which the first case was in around February... they have avoided Taiwan/China therefore had to fly up to South Korea then go back to Australia (since filming in japan is expensive)
    Filming in Japan is expensive? I didn't know that. The SARS outbreak did not affect their filming.

The first case was found in February

+ Reply to Thread