+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's going to leave their FF on the table?

Who's going to leave their FF on the table?

OK, we've got seven teams left, and four of them haven't used their Fast Forward: Reichen & Chip, Jon & Kelly, Al & Jon, and...uh, let's see, um....oh, yeah, David & Jeff (who are they?!? ). I think it's likely that one or more of these teams will be Philiminated without having used their Fast Forward.

I thought David and Jeff were going to get burnt last night by going after it when their super-late plane to Amsterdam landed. Guess they figured (correctly) they could outrace Dave & Steve without having to make a play for it. Still, I think these two will check out without having used their FF.

Who you think is going to leave theirs on the table?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I think of the group, Jon&Al would be most likely to never go for a FF. Just because they seem pretty entrenched in the middle of the group, and just have not really had a reason to go for it.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Assuming any of the 4 teams made it to leg 11 or 12 where they know it would their last chance to use the FF, it would seem the most logical thing to do to go for the Fast Forward no matter what because nobody can use it on leg 13 and by using it on the last leg prior to leg 13 would almost guarantee themselves a spot on the Final 3 when there were only 4 teams left and the competition will be undoubtedly extremly intense. If on leg 12, only one team left has not used their FF, they are almost guaranteed a spot on the Final Leg.

I think David and Jeff are the most likely to be eliminated without using their FF.
    Phil

I think it's only happened once that one team still had their Fast Forward for the very last leg on which it could be used. Tara & Wil secured a Top 3 spot with their Fast Forward that way.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I reckon David and Jeff will be using theirs next week.... As they are rather behind time after the top few teams.....

Leo
    Premium Member
    My money's on David and Jeff. They just seem to be the most clueless of all the teams that haven't used the FF.

I agree with that Leo.

I just don't see them as having much of a game plan and could easily imagine them just forgetting nthey have the option.

I hope they'll prove me wrong and emerge as strong racers.
    "That's Numberwang!"

It would be neat if they emerged as people with personalities, too.
    Last edited by Paulie; 06-30-2003 at 02:00 PM.

Originally posted by Paulie
    It would be neat if they emerged as people with personalities. too.
    Ditto, ditto, ditto. It's what, week #whatever and I feel like I only know where they're headed and when they arrive, nothing else.

I can't see a team leaving their fast forward unless they're front runners every week, and first place seems to flip flop so often on this show.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Interestingly, we're now down to five teams, and the same four still have their FFs at their disposal. We were told up front that there are three non-elimination legs. I think we can pretty safely assume that next week will be non-elimination, followed by an elimination leg, another non-elimination leg, a final elimination leg to get down to the last three, and then the two part non-elimination-followed-by-the-finish-line finale.

If that's the case, then it seems even MORE likely that somebody will check out without having used their FF. Or, possibly, somebody will glide into the Final 3 and never have used their FF.

David and Jeff were cruising last night. First place wire-to-wire. I'm now starting to think they'll still leave their FF on the table, but they'll make F3, anyway.

Any other thoughts on this one?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast