+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ep. 6: "I Could Never Have Been Prepared For What I'm Looking At Right Now" 07/03

It;s Reichen who says the line that makes the title of this episode.
    I just saw a preview.

I think it was Jaree who said the boob comment.
    "That's Numberwang!"

My guess is that Tian and Jaree try to repair their relationship. I don't see how they could get along much worse anyway, without physical violence.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Newbie
    yeah i am getting a vibe that it is tian & jaree who forges a new attitude coz as tian, once again, does the roadblock, at least now, we can hear jaree cheering on tian....
    i guess the strain in their teamwork has its root on tian wanting to bring another person as a teammate....i got this from a video clip in the cbs website of the amazing race....it was on the train en route to vienna, where jaree sat beside kelly as tian was nagging her(jaree) to lighten her backpack....and i heard kelly saying, "if tian wanted to bring dionne (?) sanders on the race, then she should have brought her..."

Leo
    Premium Member
    Originally posted by dobolina
    I have to speculate on how that could come about....maybe they hooked up and relieved some tension during the 12 hour rest?? lol :wink
    Whoever it is, keep in mind that the teams will have an added rest, or at least some time when they're not doing a lot. They're guaranteed a long plane ride to India. They're in a city which is a major air hub, so they should be able to get there with relatively few stops (maybe even a non-stop). Of course, whether they can really rest in coach is another question entirely.

FORT Regular
    I was sure that somewhere on this board someone had mentioned a non-stop KLM flight once per day from amsterdam to new delhi. I think that would be the direct flight, and because of time zoing differences, leaving in the morning would probably let you arrive at night.

Originally posted by eiren
    yeah i am getting a vibe that it is tian & jaree who forges a new attitude coz as tian, once again, does the roadblock, at least now, we can hear jaree cheering on tian....
    i guess the strain in their teamwork has its root on tian wanting to bring another person as a teammate....i got this from a video clip in the cbs website of the amazing race....it was on the train en route to vienna, where jaree sat beside kelly as tian was nagging her(jaree) to lighten her backpack....and i heard kelly saying, "if tian wanted to bring dionne (?) sanders on the race, then she should have brought her..."
    Hey eiren... to the FORT!

I saw that clip on the train. Kelly was referring to Football and baseball player Deion Sanders as someone who would have been a very athletic partner that could *maybe* keep up with Tian.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Okay, been doing some research into how the teams could travel from Amsterdam to India.

It would appear that there are two cities which the teams could use: Mumbai (better known by its old name, Bombay) or New Delhi. I assumed a departure date of Feb. 1 in 2004, since I want to simulate the time more or less simulate the conditions the race were in, checing the flights by Travelocity. It is not perfect, but it gives us an idea of what they have to choose from. It is a possibility that the route info may tell them to go to another city, but these two cities are where they will first land in India.

We can also safely assume that whatever flights the teams would take will be in the early morning, as they will most likely be en route to the airport by around six in the morning. It's also likely that there will be some sort of operating hours restriction on the first clue in India, meaning that the exact arrival time in India is probably not too critical, so long as it's before daybreak.

For Mumbai, the choices aren't that many. The flights would leave from about 7 AM to 10:35 AM and arrive in India around midnight (starting at 11:35 PM and ending at 1:35 AM the next day). One of those flights is a non-stop, which is also one of the last to leave. The other flights will involve the teams changing planes at either London, Paris, or Frankfurt.

Similar story for New Delhi. Flights leaving at around the same time (no direct flights though, at least not using one-way tickets), arriving at around one in the morning the next day, although one arrives relatively early (10:55 PM). The teams will have to change planes at the cities mentioned above.

As for the risky flight option that Reichen and Chip use, there are several of those. Assuming they miss the flights mentioned above, they do have various alternative routes that would not delay them too much. There's an Aeroflot flight via Moscow that arrives at 3:30 AM. As for Mumbai, the only real alternative there is an El Al flight via Tel Aviv, but that doesn't arrive until 8:05 AM.

Now, of course, this lengthy analysis will probably look crazy when we're done with the episode.

FORT Regular
    wow, nice analysis. I think that the risky flight definately has to be a transfer through a dangerous city, maybe through tel aviv (israel if i'm correct). but that is definately a great analysis. Though as I have mentioned before, the video preview does show chip doing the roadblock in india(you don't wear sweat soaked T-shirts and sweat like a pig in amsterdam in february) and also you hear reichen and chip make the comment about being surprised. I will reiterate my point from earlier. I believe that RC do arrive in bombay earlier than others, but the first route marker, presumably a market doesn't open till morning

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Originally posted by bill
    "Still developing" countries do not all have male citizens sexually harassing/assaulting female citizens in the streets. In the Kingdom of Bhutan, India's equally poor neighbour, Buddhist tradition makes such behaviour more shameful on the male than the female. On the other hand, in well developed Italy, such male misbehaviour are much more common than in most countries, developing or not.
    Well, it might not be that the Indian man was touching Jaree's boobs... The train was packed as we can see with many people. Maybe it was more like "no space for anyone to even scratch their butts".

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Aota Bass
    [B]I hate that now people are going to judge all of India based on the incident in the train.

There are somewhere around a billion people in India. It's almost the size of the continental USA, with hundreds of languages and regional variations in culture, religion, etc. A traveler gets sexually harassed, and now India is a backwards country filled with perverts.

With the exception of regions along the Pakistan border, India is a completely safe and friendly place to visit. I studied in Chennai (Madras) and surrounding villages with a group of students (8 female, 4 male) and we didn't have a single problem with sexual harassment, because the women wore long skirts or a salwar kameez.

I totally agree with your point. Not everyone in India is a pervert just because of a stupid pervert in a train (If there is)...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast