+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ep. 6: "I Could Never Have Been Prepared For What I'm Looking At Right Now" 07/03

I'm no expert, but I think when you're packed into a train like sardines, the chance that someone might press against your boob accidentally is pretty high. Now, Kelly, being the self-centered egotistical beyotch she appears to be, who thinks the sun rises and sets upon her every whim, probably believes it was an intentional "groping", because after all, isn't that what we're all after?

Originally posted by John
    ... Now, Kelly, being the self-centered egotistical beyotch she appears to be, who thinks the sun rises and sets upon her every whim, probably believes it was an intentional "groping", because after all, isn't that what we're all after?
    From the short preview, my impression is it was Jaree or Tian who got groped and complained loudly, not Kelly. I based this on the voice (which was not as high pitch as Kelly's) and the local tradition (Kelly probably would be accompanied by her male partner so less likely to be groped in India). Well, we shall find out next Thursday.
    Last edited by Bill747; 06-29-2003 at 09:55 PM.

Ah, well, if it's Jaree or Tian, then I apologize. Of course, the same theory might hold true, but I don't hold them in such low esteem.

Originally posted by Aota Bass
    I hate that now people are going to judge all of India based on the incident in the train.

........But according to the traditions of SOME PARTS of India (and elsewhere in the world), a woman travelling unaccompanied by a male with revealing clothing on may as well walk around naked with a sign saying "Touch my boob, please!". It has nothing at all to do with being "still developing" .......

.......But it must proceed by the standards and mission set forth by the local women who organize these movements, not by North Americans with our own ideas of liberation.
    The entire post was beautifully written Aota!!

My Mom was in India years ago and she said that the trains/buses were so incredibly crowded that there was no room to move. Absolutely no room. That people die there by falling out of the trains and buses, as they have no doors. You are packed in literally, like sardines.

I wonder how a guy got a chance to actually grope.

I have a feeling John has it right, and there was touching that had nothing to do with groping.

That is not to say there wouldn't be groping in India.... I just wouldn't be surprised if this were not a case of it.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Leo
    Premium Member
    I can believe that both could be true. Most of the touching is probably accidental, but it's also fairly probably that at least some of it is intentional. That may what have Tian or Jaree was reacting to - they should be able to tell the difference.

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Yes, I think most people can tell the difference between accidental touching and groping.

Originally posted by Abelard
    Yes, I think most people can tell the difference between accidental touching and groping.
    You might think so, until you've been jammed super-tight into a train car, being jostled around with people who don't speak your language. I'm not saying it wasn't an intentional grope, but it IS possible that it wasn't intentional, and I doubt we'll get a good enough shot on camera to be able to judge for ourselves.

John theorized:
    ...I'm not saying it wasn't an intentional grope, but it IS possible that it wasn't intentional, and I doubt we'll get a good enough shot on camera to be able to judge for ourselves.
    May be the guy was reaching for the standing pole but grabbed her boobs by mistake.

--------------------------------------------------

John earlier opined:
    Kelly...probably believes it was an intentional "groping", because after all, isn't that what we're all after?
    Not all, I am more of a derriere and legs-man myself. And with derrieres, it's easier to claim accidental touching.
    Last edited by Bill747; 06-30-2003 at 01:00 PM.

I think its neat to see all the different countries and I think its great that they don't just show what is considred to be the developed countries. However i can see where it would be upsetting to the players to have children begging them for food ect... and be able to do nothing about it. I think it would be great if the show would give them a little extra money for this purpose. Or have the roadblock or detour some kind of task that does something for someone else. I don't know i think it would be a nice gesture and probably not hurt there ratings either!

It is true, that it COULD be Millie and Chuck who "forge a new attitude". I have to speculate on how that could come about....maybe they hooked up and relieved some tension during the 12 hour rest?? lol :wink

I did notice in the preview that Tian is seemingly having a breakdown and Jaree is consoling her....the irritating thing about that part of the preview is the fact that it looks like Tian is doing ANOTHER road block, making that...hmmmm.....ZERO roadblocks that Jaree has done so far? I do want them to continue on, to be the team that comes back from the valley they are in, but come on, Jaree....lift a finger!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast