+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A plane question - I have to know!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

A plane question - I have to know!

One thing that I've always wanted to know is the deal with the plane tickets.

We saw last night how hard it was for the airline to get the 4 members on that one flight out of Miami. What happens with the camera crew? Do they really need (for every pair) an extra seat for their production person? Does CBS book extra seats on every possible flight out in case one of the contestants takes that route?

Same thing for full buses I guess too!

Hopefully one of the TAR contestants can shed some light either now of in an interview!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

In past shows, we've seen the contestants booking 4 tickets for each team. I haven't seen it this year. Four tickets would be the 2 team members, a cameraman and a sound man, which is how each team travels.

Also, year 1, they could take any flight they wanted. Year 2, they could only take American Airlines flights. Year 3, it looks like they are again allowed to take any available flights.

That's an interesting question BF.
    It was ridiculous to see one person try to book eight tickets last night let alone 16
    "That's Numberwang!"

agentcarver
    Well, as I recall, tickets are first-come-first-serve, but if you slip a bit of cash in the direction of the gate crew (I did gate crew for a few weeks) you can usually squeeze into a flight at the last minute at cost in the seats of people who didn't show up. The seats may not be together, but you may get a couple in first class if you're lucky. For best effect, you'll have to show up JUST BEFORE the flight leaves.

The answer (for those who didn't yet read the interview with Dennis & Andrew) is that each team has to get 4 tickets. 2 team members, a sound guy and a cameraman.

Which makes the first flights fill up faster, because say 2 teams get on a flight, they're actually taking up 8 seats.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Thanks John! I was dying to know how that worked!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread