+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race, J&J Journal - Week 4: Oh, THAT Kind Of Tight Space...

The Amazing Race, J&J Journal - Week 4: Oh, THAT Kind Of Tight Space...

Hello all! Jack here with the latest journal entry for your enjoyment (well, hopefully you'll enjoy it…). As you may remember, we ended last week in 6th place behind Millie and Chuck and ahead of Jon and Al. Jenn and I have been talking about who we should align ourselves with, and it's looking like it may be with one of these two teams…or maybe both of them. I've still got some reservations about Millie, though. First of all…twelve years? Twelve years??? I'm surprised they haven't already spontaneously combusted or something. Also, there's something about Millie that I just can't put my finger on (Actually, I don't want to put my finger on anything of Millie's, but that's a whole other story…). She may dress and look like a Christian missionary, but I think the similarity ends there. This girl is turning out to be quite the competitor, and I'm not sure if this will help Jenn and me or come back to bite us in the butt if we should end up aligning with them. Oh well, we've still got some time to think about it, I suppose.

After we ate and rested a bit, we opened our clue to find that we'd be going to…Paris! I was so excited, because I lived in Paris for a while and have been dying to go back ever since. Anyway, Jenn and I were still a bit tired from the previous leg, so we immediately decided to have a taxi drive us all the way to the Salzburg airport. That way, we wouldn't have to worry about catching trains, looking at schedules, etc. Well, that plus the fact that we could get a bit more sleep while our driver was doing all the work. We got to the airport, and we booked tickets on a flight from Salzburg to Frankfurt and then Frankfurt on in to Paris. We were the only team on our flight out of Salzburg, so we really weren't sure where we stood. We arrived in Frankfurt, got on our next plane, and were getting all settled in when we saw ReiChip getting on the plane in a bit of a huff. That found seats near us (not near enough for my liking, but I digress…) and explained to us that they had arrived at the Salzburg airport with Tian & Jaree and Monica and Sheree (did y'all know they're married to professional athletes?) and that the three of them were all on the same flight out of Salzburg. However, the guys had mistakenly booked tickets in business class for the flight to Paris, so, rather than risk being disqualified, they decided to wait for the next flight, which was ours. You know, these guys could be serious threats to Jenn's and my imminent victory, but if they keep making silly mistakes, they may not make it much further.

When we got to Paris, the first train to LeMans that we could get on was the one at noon. So, the four of us (Team ReiChip and Team FORT) got our tickets. When we boarded the train, we saw that we had caught up with Tian & Jaree. ReiChip asked where Sheree and Monica were, and Jaree told us that they had taken an earlier train at 11:00. Say, did y'all know that Sheree and Monica are married to professional football players? Anyway, we got to Lemans where we found our next Roadblock. After reading the clue and seeing that the person who did the Roadblock needed to be able to "fit into tight spaces", we decided that I would be the one to do this one. "After all," Jenn said with a smirk, "I think you’re a little better at that than me, don’t you, Jack?” I swear, if I didn't love that girl so much, I would have bitch-slapped her all the way back to the Paris train station. But, I just looked at her and said, "I'll get you, my pretty…and your little dog, too." Anyway, I had some trouble changing the tires (if you could see me trying to change tires on a car, you'd understand why Jenn was laughing her head off on the sidelines), but I eventually got them changed and hopped into the racecar with my driver. All I can say is WOW! What a rush! I was sad to see the lap over, but Jenn and I had to move on. When we found out that we'd next have to drive over 500 miles to Marseilles, I suggested that we try to hire the driver of the racecar to take us, but Jenn reminded me that we'd be disqualified for sure. Besides, we didn't have nearly enough money for this leg of the race to make it worth his while. I said, "But, but…he is cute, and I could think of other ways to make it worth his while." Jenn just rolled her eyes, shook her head, and said, "Come on…Let's go, Horny von Hornmeister." With that, we were off to Marseilles.

When we got to Marseilles, we saw that the gate to the port didn't open until 9 the next morning. Jenn and I debated on whether or not we should go to a hotel or just sleep in the car. I wanted to go to a hotel, but Jenn convinced me that we should park on the side of the road and just sleep in the car. We didn't know where Tian & Jaree, ReiChip, and Monica and Sheree (Hey, did y'all know they are married to professional athletes?) were, so we figured this would put us first in line when the gate opened in the morning. I whined a little bit, but I realized that Jenn was probably right, so we hunkered down for the evening in our Mercedes SUV. When morning came, we saw that several other teams had joined us, but Tian & Jaree and ReiChip were nowhere to be found. About the time I decided that they must have gotten lost or something, they drove up, exchanged a few words with the guard and parked right by the gate. Needless to say, those of us who spent the night in our cars were none to pleased by this, and a few of the teams let those four know just how they felt. I wanted to go up there and put in my two cents as well (in addition to slipping Reichen my phone number), but Jenn wisely told me not to. She said, "Let these other guys do the talking. Those four know we're all upset, but let them make asses of themselves. We'll just stand here—at the front of our line—and stay out of it." I don't know what was said, but ReiChip eventually came back to join our group. Chip went on and on about his integrity as if we were supposed to give him a medal for what he did or something. Whatever. As the gate opened and we drove in, Tian motioned for us all to drive by. Yeah, that was nice of her to do and all, but it was a little too late, if you ask me.

We didn't have too much trouble finding the lighthouse and getting our next clue, which told us that we'd need to drive to Gorges du Blavet. Jenn must have been making up for not doing the Detour at LeMans, because she drove like a bat out of hell, and we passed several teams along the way. We were supposed to look for a marked parking lot, and, as we approached our destination, we saw ReiChip pull over to the side of the road, get out, and start running. Jenn and I just looked at each other because that was not a marked lot. Did these two make another silly mistake? Anyway, we drove on and found the lot a little further down the road. We got our next clue and saw that it was Detour-time. Since we seemed to be in pretty good standing in the race, we didn't want to risk losing whatever lead we might have. So, we decided to take the "Ropes" option and rappel down the side of the mountain. We finished that in no time, got back in our SUV, and headed towards the Chateau des Alpilles, our rest stop for this leg of the race. Feeling good about how we were doing, we got there in no time and raced to the mat to find Phil waiting for us. As we were running up towards the mat, I told Jenn, "There go Tian & Jaree. Where have they been?" Jenn said, "I dunno. I guess they must have gone for the Fast Forward or something." Anyway, we got to the mat, where Phil told us, "Jenn and Jack…you're team number two." Just as we were walking off the mat and towards the chateau, we saw Jon & Al and Millie & Chuck racing towards us. Hmm…our three teams are still bunched together. Maybe we should think about aligning with these guys. Looks like Jenn and I have got some talking to do…

Oh well, that's it for now, y'all. We're almost halfway through the race and are sitting in second place. I just hope our good fortune doesn't run out any time soon! Until next time…

To contact the author of this article, send e-mail to lobeck@fansofrealitytv.com.

GREAT job, as always.

Say, did y'all know that Sheree and Monica are married to professional football players?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

LG.
    super job team, and this description is too funny:
    She may dress and look like a Christian missionary, but I think the similarity ends there.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Fade to black
    Monica and Sheree are married to professional athletes?

Learn sumtin new every day...

Great job lobes!
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

OK, You KNOW I was going to quote the pro athletes line

Great job, and I can totally see you guys in everypart of the race !

Jenn and I just looked at each other because that was not a marked lot. Did these two make another silly mistake?
    The expression you guys have on your faces (in my imagination) is priceless!!

Great read.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I love the TAR Journal.

Sheree and Monica are married to pro athletes?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

"Come on…Let's go, Horny von Hornmeister."
    LOL!
    Gustav Holst was right!

FORT Fogey
    Great job with this entry...or whatever you wanna call it! How funny...

In 2nd place now? Way to go! Yeah, maybe you should align with Millie and Chuck and Jon and Al!

Millie's pretty cool, even if she's somewhat a Christian missionary, and she's not a Bible thumper...at least not that bad, which is all good!

Yeah Jenn and Jack! You guys are doing so well! Keep up the good work! I love reading this journal because I can totally imagine you in the race as I think about it!
    To be a star: you must shine your own light; follow your own path; and don't be afraid of the darkness, for that's where stars shine brightest.

Watch The Amazing Race 4 on CBS Thursdays @ 8:00!!!

Say, did y'all know that Sheree and Monica are married to professional football players?
    Are you serious? How come we didn't know that before?
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast